No announcement yet.

Jalen Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting for Oliver Miller's tribute.. after all he was the biggest Raptor ever.

Comment

Bill Simmons in town too?!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Bill Simmons in town too?!

Lol at the comments on instagram

What did he do for the Raptors? Kobe killed him in the 81 pt game as well. Must be a slow night in Toronto.

Comment

I will say that the Raptors' marketing folks are doing a great job. They're choosing a good mix of obvious fan-favorite choices in with broadly popular players with universal name recognition (ie: Rose - fab 5, broadcasting), while also not being afraid to court controversy. All of this adds up to something that people are talking about, both Raptors fans and NBA fans outside of Toronto.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I will say that the Raptors' marketing folks are doing a great job. They're choosing a good mix of obvious fan-favorite choices in with broadly popular players with universal name recognition (ie: Rose - fab 5, broadcasting), while also not being afraid to court controversy. All of this adds up to something that people are talking about, both Raptors fans and NBA fans outside of Toronto.
            That's a good point. They've been putting a lot of effort into raising the profile of the franchise across the board, and they're doing a really good job so far. Wearing the throwbacks and having a Jalen Rose (ESPN) tribute while on the road seemed odd to me at first, but it totally makes sense with this in mind.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
              That's a good point. They've been putting a lot of effort into raising the profile of the franchise across the board, and they're doing a really good job so far. Wearing the throwbacks and having a Jalen Rose (ESPN) tribute while on the road seemed odd to me at first, but it totally makes sense with this in mind.
              But it's a home game.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                But it's a home game.
                But it will be on all the highlights...ESPN may not promote the Raps but they promote ESPN

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  they've already given jose a video tribute last year.
                  whaaaat how could I miss this

Comment

Why are we honoring him?! let Indiana honor him, he came here when the Raptors were already bad and he didn't change them.

Comment

Lets also honor Kobe. After all, he scored 81 on us, which bring exposure to the team. 😎
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I'm not saying Jalen deserves to be honoured or not... but why do very few people remember what he did here for 2 years? Does no one remember the "honey moon" win streak we had? That was, in large part, thank to Jalen (and Marshall). There was also that time he played through a game with a broken hand.

Comment

I swear I just dreamed we were honouring Kris Humphries at a game this season.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            I swear I just dreamed we were honouring Kris Humphries at a game this season.
                            I'd rather honor Pops Mensu-Bonsu tthen Jalen Rose
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Pops!

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                Lets also honor Kobe. After all, he scored 81 on us, which bring exposure to the team. ��
                                The Miami Heat did retire Jordan's jersey, as he always owned Pat Riley and the Knicks/Heat in the playoffs. I guess Kobe deserves some honour/tribute as well. After all, something significant always happens whenever Kobe plays the Raptors. LOOOOL

On a side note, he did mention that if T-mac stayed, the Raptors would have won championships in the 2000's.

Comment

Working...
                                X