Jalen Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen Rose

First of all no disrespect to Jalen. He's had a great NBA career, i'm a BIG fan of his work on Grantland. But it doesn't make sense for tje Raps to honour him. He was brought in here to be Vince's sidekick but the Raps never made the playoffs in his 2 years here. And my best memory of Jalen's career as a Raptor was Kobe scoring 81 on him.
    Mamba Mentality

it probably has more to do with his grantland notoriety now rather than his actual time with the raptors.

Comment

81. The second lowest point in the franchise's history.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I have fond memories of jalen. Granted i was a teenager who wasn't as hardcore a basketball fan, but just as hardcore a raptor fan. I was always an optimist in those years and felt jalen was a great offensive addition. I was always looking for the silver lining in our sad sack franchise. I also remember with great fondness guys like Donyell marshall, jyd, and of course my namesake keon. Oddly though, even then i didn't like bosh. I was smart enough to know he wasn't nearly a good enough "best player" to take us where we needed to be. Maybe it was the sting of losing vince and settling for his dinosaur/avatar replacement. Cause nowadays, its kyle lowry over everything. Kids got swag, bosh was just....awkward.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I have to agree, I liked those years of having Jalen on the team. I loved that trade with Chicago! Jalen also called Babcock out for the Vince deal. Priceless! If they are to limited honouring players that were on winning Raptor rosters we may be a bit hard pressed to find people. There were only 5 seasons with a winning record (including last years team).

Comment

I've really come to enjoy Jalen's work on Grantland and as an NBA personality but he doesn't deserve to be honoured by the Raptors whatsoever.

First VC and now Jalen Rose. I can't wait for Hoffa Night in December.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
              I've really come to enjoy Jalen's work on Grantland and as an NBA personality but he doesn't deserve to be honoured by the Raptors whatsoever.

First VC and now Jalen Rose. I can't wait for Hoffa Night in December.
              I was hoping for 'BC and the EuRaptors celebration', where the honorees include Garbo, Parker, Hasaan Adams, Maceo Baston, Primoz Brezec, Roko Ukic, Will Solomon and Quincy Douby.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I was hoping for 'BC and the EuRaptors celebration', where the honorees include Garbo, Parker, Hasaan Adams, Maceo Baston, Primoz Brezec, Roko Ukic, Will Solomon and Quincy Douby.
                Yeah! When are they going to bring me back? The starter five are all my guys!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Now now now, don't be slagging Garbo and Anthony. They are two of my favourite Raptors. Losing Garbo was significant to that team.

Comment

At this rate Primo Bargs will be in on these unnecessary "celebrations". Sometimes I think the pr guy for the Laffs is handling the makeup of this list....all fundamentally "just" guys who passed thru town Ironically Wince was the only real talent but tainted as hell and Stoudamire hasnt shown up yet (wonder why?)

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      it probably has more to do with his grantland notoriety now rather than his actual time with the raptors.
                      Agree with that. Other than Sir Zach Lowe, he's probably the most noted person out there who most often steps up for T.O. when others try to dismiss it both as a team and a city. It fits with what Masai is trying to do in establishing Toronto as a destination city

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Agree with that. Other than Sir Zach Lowe, he's probably the most noted person out there who most often steps up for T.O. when others try to dismiss it both as a team and a city. It fits with what Masai is trying to do in establishing Toronto as a destination city
                        I also agree. Not for his play here but what he went on to do, what he became as a broadcaster/ commentator. Jalen Rose is a big NBA insider, especially with players. He maintains lifelong relationships in every organization. In a funny way, having him close again could prove helpful to Masai over the coming years. Remember his 'campaigning and champagning' Toronto episode? He gets very hyper remembering how fun Toronto can be when the team is fighting. I'm not sure who else they can officially 'honour' here and don't think Bosh or anyone newer than that could qualify. Just too new, not historical enough. Mighty Mouse? Zan Tabak? lol

Comment

Jalen doesn't deserve it. Only lasting memory I recall of his playing days in Toronto was when he hit a game-tying three against LBJ and Cavs in the last game of the season.... also the last time TNT aired a Raptors game until this year lol

I'm anticipating Jose's return, that's gonna be an emotional one.

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                            Jalen doesn't deserve it. Only lasting memory I recall of his playing days in Toronto was when he hit a game-tying three against LBJ and Cavs in the last game of the season.... also the last time TNT aired a Raptors game until this year lol

I'm anticipating Jose's return, that's gonna be an emotional one.
                            they've already given jose a video tribute last year.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Now now now, don't be slagging Garbo and Anthony. They are two of my favourite Raptors. Losing Garbo was significant to that team.
                              I had to include 2 legit players to draw the crowds and make it respectable. Credit where credit is deserved... the EuRaptors experiment failed miserably after those 2 guys were brought in.

Comment

Working...
                              X