The danger of writing off the Cavs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The danger of writing off the Cavs...

Remember the Heat started 2010-11 9-8, then proceeded to go 49-16 over the remaining 65 games, and steamrolled their way to the finals and only lost because LBJ vanished in the series (17ppg).

The Heat are 1000x better than these Cavs
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Don't think anyone are writing them off yet

Comment

Very different circumstances though. Miami had an existing star-coach dynamic with Wade and Spo. Cleveland has a rookie head coach and too many young players who haven't learned to play as a team.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Cavs have a few very talented players. Talent can win a lot of games but sometimes talent alone can't take you from being good to being a contender. So yes they can't be written off.. but I don't see them as contender, at least not this year.

Personally I'd prefer not to have to play them in the playoffs (they will be getting a lot of friendly whistles even if the Raptors have home-court). I think the Raptors match up well against them but James is also quite phenomenal and can win games on his own.

Comment

Who's writing off the Cavs? they're still the team to beat in the East as fae as i'm concern. LeBron and co. will figure it out.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Very different circumstances though. Miami had an existing star-coach dynamic with Wade and Spo. Cleveland has a rookie head coach and too many young players who haven't learned to play as a team.
              People had a whole bucket list of reasons why the Heat wouldn't work at this stage too.

"LeBron can't play with D-Wade, they both need the ball in their hands"
              "Bosh doesn't play defense"
              "The Heat have no bench"

etc

Comment

Just urging people to not write Cleveland off, so in the event that they do wipe the floor with us in the playoffs, nobody is shocked by it.

Despite our fan-base having suffered through a multitude of failures and disappointments, we tend to become extremely overconfident when our team is doing well. Most Raptors fans were SURE we were going to bounce Brooklyn and look at what happened.

Comment

I can't wait until Cavs lose both Love and Lebron to free agency next year....

Comment

Just really scared by how arrogant our fanbase is getting because of this hot start.

Remember pride comes before a fall.

Comment

It's not that we're writing them off, it's that their problems seem to be deeper than the Heat's were after their slow start.
                      1. Their defensive problems seem harder to solve: they have much less talent on that end and have less athleticism and length to solve that problem.
                      2. Their bench is terrible.
                      3. Their chemistry seems way worse than the Heat's ever did. People say Wade and Lebron took time like Kyrie is equivalent to Wade. Kyrie is a shadow of peak Wade.
                      That said, everyone -- literally everyone -- thinks the Cavs are going to end up a 50+ win team with home court in the playoffs.
                      @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

TeamEd wrote: View Post
                        That said, everyone -- literally everyone -- thinks the Cavs are going to end up a 50+ win team with home court in the playoffs.
                        Not thead ... Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          Not thead ... Lol
                          Not true. Thead just thinks that if the Cavs win 50, there'll be 7 other EC teams with more than 50! lol

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                            People had a whole bucket list of reasons why the Heat wouldn't work at this stage too.

"LeBron can't play with D-Wade, they both need the ball in their hands"
                            "Bosh doesn't play defense"
                            "The Heat have no bench"

etc
                            And those issues are also true with these Cavs. Kyrie is used to playing with the ball. Love doesn't play D. They have no bench. But it's entirely different for a group of vets to come together and gel and for a group of inexperienced players (and coach). Remember how everyone was thinking Spo would get fired but he got through it in part because he had an existing relationship with Wade. Blatt has a nice resume but zero NBA experience. Credibility matters when dealing with adults.

I think you are being completely over dramatic about how anyone is viewing the Cavs and this whole thread is fairly ridiculous (and really not Raptor related).
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'm fairly certain Blatt gets compensated in Rubles...

Comment

Working...
                              X