No announcement yet.

The danger of writing off the Cavs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys. Grow up. If you can't talk nice, then don't say anything; of which I can ensure if you don't feel like doing it yourself.
    Clean it up.

Comment

Joey's right, we must complete this using the forum approved method of using Simpsons memes.

(Try not to take things so seriously).
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Anyone have an opinion of Lebron's weight loss after his diet this summer and whether it might be contributing to early fatigue at this stage of the season. I continue to be amazed that these high performance athletes go on crash weight gain as well as weight loss and expect to be better for it in the sport. Logic would dictate that the body would need to acclimate to the change especially when there are so many moving body parts in the basketball game.

ps...I was thinking of Rudy Gay & JV re: weight gain
        I heard that his weight loss came from a ketogenic diet, where you eat minimal carbs and lots of fat and protein. Your body starts to use fat as energy instead of glycogen (em which comes from carbs). From personal experience being in a ketogenic state is not conducive to sports. Your body isn't as explosive, the fatigue sets in much earlier, you feel out of breath more quickly.

It actually makes a lot of sense why he seems so old, disinterested and tired out there.
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          I heard that his weight loss came from a ketogenic diet, where you eat minimal carbs and lots of fat and protein. Your body starts to use fat as energy instead of glycogen (em which comes from carbs). From personal experience being in a ketogenic state is not conducive to sports. Your body isn't as explosive, the fatigue sets in much earlier, you feel out of breath more quickly.

It actually makes a lot of sense why he seems so old, disinterested and tired out there.
          http://www.businessinsider.com/lebro...e-meals-2014-9

Comment

This is a really soft version of it.

It's more like bacon and eggs for breakfast, pork cutlets and spinach for lunch and steak and cheese for dinner. It's cool cause you can eat less and not feel hungry
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Have now lost 2 in a row...

This is why when you're winning it's best to just be quiet about it and humble. The basketball gods are coming for us, and we know how little love they had for Toronto in the first place.

I'm scared... seriously.

Comment

Never writing off the Cavs. We might have drawn first blood, but they're just too talented to be written off. It's actually best for them to struggle now early in the season so they can figure things out, do some trades and make adjustments as necessary til they find their form and be ready for the playoffs. Making the playoffs should not be a problem for them as they are in the East. If we did match up with them in the playoffs, the series might be similar to the Brooklyn series last year, where the refs played a factor in deciding the series, esp since the Cavs have the new "Big 3" with the face of the NBA.

Comment

Like I said, don't write off the Cavs.

They're only 3 games back of us right now. Will probably end up with the #1 overall seed.

Comment

This thread needs to die. It's nothing more than an obnoxious "I told you so" when no one said that the Cavs were done in the first place.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      This thread needs to die. It's nothing more than an obnoxious "I told you so" when no one said that the Cavs were done in the first place.
                      Except thead

.....but yes I agree.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Except thead

.....but yes I agree.
                        Cavs still suck. Its Lebron + overpaid crap

Comment

The only people writing them off it seems are ignorant "fans" who think the first 15 games are accurate indicators for the rest of the year. Those are probably the same people who are making Raptors ECF and Finals predictions.

The Cavs have issues they need to address, but you can't write that team off.

Comment

Thead's prediction might be doomed, looks like they've finally got their shit together.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

For all the talk about the Cavs' defense....

Their defense is better than ours (105.9 dRTG (basketball reference) ranked 15th vs. 106.3 dRTG ranked 16th) now and has been on a huge upward trend over the past few games. Defense is about schemes, you don't need a host of elite defenders to have a nice defensive team. An example of that would be the Raptors in 2011-12 where we started Calderon, DeRozan and Bargnani, and gave heavy minutes to Barbosa yet still had an above-average defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X