Game #....56 Raptors at Hawks Monday January 31st 7:30pm on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Hes been better than his All NBA/All star starter season in 2020 pre-bubble.

His playmaking has improved significantly and hes gotten better at knowing when to drive, when to pass or when to shoot.
    Yep, being force fed all those reps has really helped slow the game down for him. Pretty impressive considering he missed so much of the off season rehabbing from the shoulder surgery.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Thought it was a little too close for comfort, especially with them missing their best player. They were also on a back to back (although at home). But a win is a win, and I'll take it.
      I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum in being shocked Toronto won. Can't believe they had anything left after that Miami game.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        banton over 4 games in the g league is averaging 28 pts, shooting 45% from 3, 9 rebounds, 6 assists and 1.5 steals. does absolutely NONE of that translate over to the nba? i kinda refuse to believe it. just doesnt seem like NN is giving the bench an actual shot at playing and seems more determined to chase a playoff spot. if that were the case, they might as well have played dragic this whole damn time (before the 'personal reasons' stuff came about)
        Dragic may have had an arrangement with the Raps that he won't play until traded or bought out all along. Just sort of played a bit here and there so neither the player or the club looks bad publicly.

No idea what the plan is for the second half of the season, but you don't need to look at data to know the starters aren't going to be able to play at their best doing 40 mins a game.

Comment

• Now I know why the Hawks lost. In the leadup to the game the Hawks tv crew asked if this could be a trap game. And Dominque said yes!
          A trap game against a team ahead of you in the standings? They don't know their memes.

Edit: They actually put it in their "Keys to the Game" graphic! And there were only 2 Keys.
          Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Feb 1, 2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Now I know why the Hawks lost. In the leadup to the game the Hawks tv crew asked if this could be a trap game. And Dominque said yes!
            A trap game against a team ahead of you in the standings? They don't know their memes.

Edit: They actually put it in their "Keys to the Game" graphic! And there were only 2 Keys.
            mfs be sleepin

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

You should look beyond the raw scoring. Look at Lillard, Mr. "clutch", his plus minus for the game score defensively is horrible. The hardest team to beat will be one constructed with balanced scoring and great defense to back it up. Imagine the raptors with scottie, og, Freddy, siakam and gtj all averaging 20-22 ppg each, that team is scary. Who do you double team then to make it stop?
              This team is actually close to achieving this already and they've barely played together.

Now imagine that with an extra 15-20 from the bench (some sort of trade to improve we hope) and a healthy backup center......I imagine this is what Masai is trying to get to......
              I was talking about shooting % not scoring

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                banton over 4 games in the g league is averaging 28 pts, shooting 45% from 3, 9 rebounds, 6 assists and 1.5 steals. does absolutely NONE of that translate over to the nba? i kinda refuse to believe it. just doesnt seem like NN is giving the bench an actual shot at playing and seems more determined to chase a playoff spot. if that were the case, they might as well have played dragic this whole damn time (before the 'personal reasons' stuff came about)
                I'd like to see Banton get more run but G League stats don't translate at all. There are absolute scrubs putting up monster numbers all the time. It's really just glorified practice. The only thing I'd gleen from G League stats is if a player is playing poorly in the G League he's almost certainly garbage. Bruno is a great example.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I was talking about shooting % not scoring
                  Lillard has a great % in the clutch, but his defense is so bad the team's plus minus goes to crap.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                    This is what we need our highest volume shooter shooting a good % Gary is the man. Pascals % has been good too. og and barnes are steady %’s

i just worry about pascal whwn it counts. He gets all stiff. Him and fred are opposite. Last 5 minutes fred lights it up pascal shrinks
                    Good observation and a fair concern….it would really be interesting how Siakam and VanVleet respond in the playoffs …in case they don’t get dealt at the deadline….offseason would be interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X