Clear All

• rocwell
    replied

So timeout was ignored?!

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Start Fields?? Hahahaha (I'd love that, but it's Casey bro)
    We beat the Lakers in LA last year with Fields starting. Coincidence? Obviously yes but it's still funny.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Think about how different this game could have been if the refs gave the Raps the timeout with 1.5 seconds left...

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    He started Fields in preseason.
    And Brunoooooo!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    He started Fields in preseason.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    This game gives me nightmares during the day =/

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Would seem to make more sense to me to run Ross off the horns and give the post ups to JV/Amir while keeping everyone else on the same rotation.

Start JJ or fields.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    This game was embarrassing. Shit about playing Kobe Is never a guaranteed win is just BS. Tell that to the other 13 teams that beat them
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Dec 1, 2014, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Would seem to make more sense to me to run Ross off the horns and give the post ups to JV/Amir while keeping everyone else on the same rotation.

Start JJ or fields.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Scoring wasn’t the issue for the Raptors Sunday night, when they posted 122 points in an overtime loss to the Lakers. And they had three fewer turnovers than their average of 11, one of the best in the league. It gets down to rhythm and roles, to discerning just how much the right of changes in play and rotation are right. Can't do too much.Early in the third quarter, Kyle Lowry had attempted three times as many shots as Kobe Bryant (12-4), and he finished with 28 shots to get his 29 points. (He averages 19 points on 15 shots).

Greivis Vasquez started in DeRozan’s place and scored 19 points in 33 minutes, but also missed a late open three-pointer off a nice setup by Lowry. Lou Williams scored 19 points off the bench and was the only Raptor who played major minutes to log a positive plus/minus (plus-6). Williams has been a great asset to the Raptors, but it’s evident that Casey wants to keep him coming off the bench for now.

The Raptors tried running some of DeRozan’s plays for Lowry with mixed results.
    They’ll have to maintain the characteristics Casey has instilled in them, a disciplined team that doesn’t beat itself. Casey said he’ll tinker with lineup combinations until he finds “Something that fits that will last.” He wants to keep DeRozan connected with the team, and said he’ll invite him to sit in on the coaches’ meetings. But Casey’s job requires him to move forward without DeRozan.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...seys-conundrum

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't think Ross played good D. He was dreadful.
    Just re-watched the game and thought he did pretty well. It is Kobe and it's not like anyone else did any better. JJ was dreadful if you want to use that label

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    It really showed how much the Raptors missed DD in that OT. You need a go-to scorer to draw some attention OT. Someone who can get their shot and finish at the rim

Would of been interesting to see how DD would of done against his Idol. After seeing how well he defended against LBJ last time

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    rightsideup wrote: View Post
    very good observation Jv and ross played very good defense and rebounded well. Jv did miss some he has made in other games
    I don't think Ross played good D. He was dreadful.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If it weren't for Ross' clutch 3pt shooting and JV's rebounding and help-defense, the game wouldn't have even made it to overtime. It's just one game and they still have tons of room for improvement, but I don't understand how last night's game could be any sort of 'proof' or 'evidence' of why JV/Ross aren't/shouldn't be used in crunch-time; if anything, I would argue that it showed they are capable of both handling the pressure and contributing positively.

Last night's game also reinforced the sentiment that the Raptors don't perform well when they rely on hero-ball. Those against hero-ball don't care who plays the 'hero' role either, since the disdain for such a gameplan is universal (it's not just anti-DeRozan sentiment). Case-in-point:

Lowry: 10-28 / 1-8
    Vasquez: 8-16 / 1-5
    Lou: 5-17 / 3-9

COMBINED: 23-61 (37.7%) / 5-22 (22.7%)

The lack of team-play last night was evident and the chucking was hugely inefficient. I don't care which 5 players are on the court, that approach will never be successful in a sustainable way, especially during a grinding 7-game playoff series.
    very good observation Jv and ross played very good defense and rebounded well. Jv did miss some he has made in other games

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Anyone else see this game as an anomaly (rather than an indicator of how this team plays without DeRozan)?

It's been said before, but even the 72-win Bulls lost to the 16-win Raptors. Sometimes shit happens.
    I hope you are not comparing us to a 72 win bull team but I agree we are very good and this game was sometimes stuff happens we were up a player who is second best all time at position playing a great overall floor game and were tied at regulation. Wesley Johnson's roll around the rim shot to me symbolized to me that it was just the lakers night j

Leave a comment:

Working...
X