Game #17: Toronto Raptors 122 - LA Lakers 129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Some many touch fouls on James tonight. He barely touches these guys and they call fouls immediately
    I really don't get how teams like Chicago and Memphis get away with so much contact, especially in the lane. I mean, it's not like Casey doesn't have a strong reputation as a defensive coach.

The worst victim of bad calls is JV. It's like every time he breathes on a guy he gets called for something.

Comment

• I'm not gonna hate on Ross because he couldn't lock down Kobe. It's too much to ask but props to him for sinking some late threes. I thought he was gonna get shook but he responded well.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• So should I delete the 2nd half of this game off my PVR or...?

Comment

• I had a bad feeling about this damn lakers team. They have 3 guys that always go off against us (Kobe, who decided to go back to being vintage Kobe, Swaggy Dick Head and that nightmare Boozer).

This lakers team is still hilarious to me. Pissed the Raptors couldn't close it in the OT.

Lowry looked out of control going to the basket, probably why he didn't get the calls he was looking for. He had some good moments in this game but he made some questionable decisions down the stretch. It's one of those things you live with though and hope he learns from it.

Kobe was ridiculous though...
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Quick summary:

1. Love Lowry's heart and determination, but waaaaay too much forced hero-ball.

2. Lots of guys missing easy/open looks they typically make, especially in the first half; brutal to watch.

3. Vintage Kobe performance tonight, but some phantom bailout calls and one blatantly wrong call (foul call on Ross when Kobe kicked him) wound up being the difference.

4. Depending on matchups, I like using a combination of GV/JJ in the starting lineup to replace DD. I personally thought JJ should have started this game, to guard Kobe (with Ross of Matthews).

Comment

• Lowry, you're great and we love you, but pass the ball more man.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Unfortunate. This is not meant as a slight but maybe some have forgotten/not know that Lowry is really a combo guard and not a true point guard (in the Calderon way). His in-game dna therefore sometimes compels him to shoot more than maybe he should. But he has so many other plusses. He has for the most part curbed this tendency but the team has changed (DD injury) so he needs to adjust again. Lets hope he does.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Unfortunate. This is not meant as a slight but maybe some have forgotten/not know that Lowry is really a combo guard and not a true point guard (in the Calderon way). His in-game dna therefore sometimes compels him to shoot more than maybe he should. But he has so many other plusses. He has for the most part curbed this tendency but the team has changed (DD injury) so he needs to adjust again. Lets hope he does.
                  The team has more than enough fire power.

109 points in regulation speaks to that.

Lowry needs to trust his teammates and the team needs to play together.

..... Oh and play defense.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    The team has more than enough fire power.

109 points in regulation speaks to that.

Lowry needs to trust his teammates and the team needs to play together.

..... Oh and play defense.
                    My only beef with Lowry and DD is their tendency to play hero ball. They don't need to - there's plenty of talent on this team, plenty of D to put your energy into (as you pointed out), and it's debatable how helpful hero ball is when guys like Kobe and 'Melo do it, and those guys are light years beyond DD and Lowry offensively. The Raps will have much more success trusting their system and playing as a team than by having individuals trying to "step up" and save the day.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      My only beef with Lowry and DD is their tendency to play hero ball. They don't need to - there's plenty of talent on this team, plenty of D to put your energy into (as you pointed out), and it's debatable how helpful hero ball is when guys like Kobe and 'Melo do it, and those guys are light years beyond DD and Lowry offensively. The Raps will have much more success trusting their system and playing as a team than by having individuals trying to "step up" and save the day.
                      Hero or iso ball is turrible as far as I am concerned...Kobe or Melo...short term gratification. I much rather have 8 guys sharing the ball and getting double digits in scoring....prettier to watch and the play lasts longer (like foreplay!)and the team is involved. I am sure like us there are players on the team who are probably not pleased as well but to be fair many were bricking it last night.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Yeah this has been a constant talking point/focus of mine.

A few posters have made some good points this is likely more a reflection on Casey and what he is looking to do.

People keep pointing to the in season numbers of the offense but this hero ISO ball is not winning playoff basketball, in my opinion.

Comment

• Hello, people. I haven't watched this game. quick recap why the heck we lost this game please?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Hello, people. I haven't watched this game. quick recap why the heck we lost this game please?
                            We were bad. They were less bad. Missing open shots. Some people complaining about Lowry forcing too much (although we started GV as the designated PG so Lowry was basically playing DDs role). Some questionable star calls for Kobe but meh.

Comment

• I had a dream that I checked the boxscore of the game and Amir was 1-10 from 3 pt land.

*shudders*
                              OG is our king

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                A high scoring offense vs an atrocious defense.

Seems like a recipe for the raptors to score 120+
                                Well we did score 120+ but we gave up 129 to the fucking Lakers smh
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X