Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan Injury & Raptors Gameplan Without Him

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
    Very possible that if Ross plays at a very high-level during this stretch, DD could be traded to secure an all-star level player at another position, who is preferably already locked into a pre-new-TV-deal contract.

    As much as I like DeRozan, it would be smart (the caveat being that Ross needs to play at a very high level of course). Especially considering we could give Ross an extension next year and lock him up for quite a lot less than what DeMar would be paid in 2016.
    Ross playing at a high level (and doing so consistently) is a big "if".

    Comment


    • Puffer wrote: View Post
      Interesting article in the Globe this morning:

      "This is a month in which Casey and general manager Masai Ujiri can re-evaluate everything they’re thinking going forward. Take DeRozan off the floor, and everyone else is exposed. You can ask yourself a lot of searching, short-term questions under that sort of pressure.

      How close is Terrence Ross? Can Jonas Valanciunas be a pillar, rather than an escape valve? Is Williams for real? What’s Patrick Patterson’s ceiling? Is Johnson ready to lead? Can Vasquez handle the pressure of being a regular and a go-to?

      These are all issues that DeRozan, Raptor Dad, obscured. As good as he is, his greatest talent might be camouflaging his teammates’ shortcomings. Now they have to deal with them – metaphorical children becoming men."


      You can read it here:

      One of the key parts...Raps only have to play .450 ball to win the division and secure home court advantage, so the rest of the season can be about getting ready for the playoffs.
      Just got through it, "... The faddish line in today’s NBA is that execs are always seeking better information. DeRozan’s absence provides the Raptors with a data dump." Sums up my take.

      Comment


      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Ross playing at a high level (and doing so consistently) is a big "if".
        Yeah I obviously know that. Hence the use of the word "IF Ross plays at a very high-level during this stretch"

        Comment


        • If the team plays well, I think it makes the case to keep the team as is. For the team to play well, Ross & JV are going to have to step up, and this will force casey to diversify the offense, making us a much more balanced & tough to predict team.

          Demar & T-ross play so differently offensively, that if they both can step up their game, its a win win for everyone. What this team needs is a consistent inside presence, all eyes on JV.

          Comment


          • Dino4life wrote: View Post
            If the team plays well, I think it makes the case to keep the team as is. For the team to play well, Ross & JV are going to have to step up, and this will force casey to diversify the offense, making us a much more balanced & tough to predict team.

            Demar & T-ross play so differently offensively, that if they both can step up their game, its a win win for everyone. What this team needs is a consistent inside presence, all eyes on JV.
            They should do it for the sake of RaptorsRepublic.com forums.

            The bold will solve a lot of the heated debates.

            Granted what would we talk about then? JV with beard or without? Ross with tats covered arm sleeve or showing? Lou's blond chick or dark hair chick?

            We'll still have play JV in the fourth to act as the detonate button, of course, so all is not lost should the offense diversification come to pass.

            Comment


            • NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
              Very possible that if Ross plays at a very high-level during this stretch, DD could be traded to secure an all-star level player at another position, who is preferably already locked into a pre-new-TV-deal contract.

              As much as I like DeRozan, it would be smart (the caveat being that Ross needs to play at a very high level of course). Especially considering we could give Ross an extension next year and lock him up for quite a lot less than what DeMar would be paid in 2016.

              Comment


              • DeMar is getting the max absolutely no questions about it. Also I doubt this Kelly dude knows who's untouchable to masai. Masai will trade anyone on this team if the right deal comes along.

                Also it's funny how quickly you come to defend DeMar in every debate and how quickly you bash others lmao. You don't know the future you have no idea what anyone is gonna do in his absence so by saying even if Ross plays well you'd still trade him because let's face it you its Derozan> Raptors for you
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                Comment


                • Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                  Just got through it, "... The faddish line in today’s NBA is that execs are always seeking better information. DeRozan’s absence provides the Raptors with a data dump." Sums up my take.
                  Pretty much what many of s have been stating around here.

                  You think reporters hang out around here? Lol

                  Comment


                  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    DeMar is getting the max absolutely no questions about it. Also I doubt this Kelly dude knows who's untouchable to masai. Masai will trade anyone on this team if the right deal comes along.

                    Also it's funny how quickly you come to defend DeMar in every debate and how quickly you bash others lmao. You don't know the future you have no idea what anyone is gonna do in his absence so by saying even if Ross plays well you'd still trade him because let's face it you its Derozan> Raptors for you
                    Likely true.

                    The good thing is his cap hit when he opts out is 'just' $15.15M and not a full ~$24M.

                    Comment


                    • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      DeMar is getting the max absolutely no questions about it. Also I doubt this Kelly dude knows who's untouchable to masai. Masai will trade anyone on this team if the right deal comes along.

                      Also it's funny how quickly you come to defend DeMar in every debate and how quickly you bash others lmao. You don't know the future you have no idea what anyone is gonna do in his absence so by saying even if Ross plays well you'd still trade him because let's face it you its Derozan> Raptors for you
                      This is a Derozan injury thread isn't it? Who else am i supposed to talk about? Who did i bash in this thread?

                      This is a forum. Don't be upset over my opinion. Unfortunately, I don't care to review your posts to see what you're up to. Am I the only person guilty of having a favourite player?? I don't see you saying anything when guys are drooling over JV or Ross and now Bruno. My favourite player happens to be the only all-star on the team. Don't hate homie! I like all the players on this team but we all have favourites. My favourites are Demar, Amir and Lowry really grew on me. I'm not going to apologize for it.

                      To say Demar is more important than the Raptors is a joke. He is important to this team, but NO ONE is more important than the team. I take that comment very seriously as i watched this team from Day ONE....watched players from Damon to Vince to Bosh and now Demar. I'm just going to put you on ignore from now on because lets face it....I don't know you and i don't care for trolling.

                      Comment


                      • special1 wrote: View Post
                        This is a Derozan injury thread isn't it? Who else am i supposed to talk about? Who did i bash in this thread?

                        This is a forum. Don't be upset over my opinion. Unfortunately, I don't care to review your posts to see what you're up to. Am I the only person guilty of having a favourite player?? I don't see you saying anything when guys are drooling over JV or Ross and now Bruno. My favourite player happens to be the only all-star on the team. Don't hate homie! I like all the players on this team but we all have favourites. My favourites are Demar, Amir and Lowry really grew on me. I'm not going to apologize for it.

                        To say Demar is more important than the Raptors is a joke. He is important to this team, but NO ONE is more important than the team. I take that comment very seriously as i watched this team from Day ONE....watched players from Damon to Vince to Bosh and now Demar. I'm just going to put you on ignore from now on because lets face it....I don't know you and i don't care for trolling.
                        Loooool good to know
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                        Comment


                        • I guess watching um get pumped twice in a row has put to rest the silly notion that all this guy does is chuck it?

                          Hope so.

                          Comment


                          • mcHAPPY; wrote:
                            JV with beard or without?

                            Ross with tats covered arm sleeve or showing?

                            Lou's blond chick or dark hair chick?
                            .
                            JV with the beard. Not enough NBA players rock the beard and we are sorely lacking since trading Acy.

                            Ross with the sleeve. I've never been a fan f wearing them myself, but it looks good on him and he obviously doesn't mind them.

                            Lou - no need to choose.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                            Comment


                            • Axel wrote: View Post
                              You keep making this point over and over (at least the 3rd time) that GV knows the offence. The whole damn team knows the offence. Any player can play the offence. Some players will fit better with the starters, but they can run the offence with anyone (probably except Bruno).
                              Excuse me for answering a guy's question.

                              It's not an issue of who know's the offence, it's an issue of SIZE and RANGE. Lou Williams is UNDERSIZED. Lowry is UNDERSIZED. JJ can barely handle the ball and can't shoot. Fields can't shoot, period.

                              Here's me pointing out the obvious for the fourth time. Inserting either Lou or JJ with the starters would require major adjustments to the offense or defense. Here's hoping people get it!
                              Last edited by bryan colangelo; Tue Dec 2, 2014, 01:34 PM.

                              Comment


                              • bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                                Excuse me for answering a guy's question.

                                It's not an issue of who know's the offence, it's an issue of SIZE and RANGE. Lou Williams is UNDERSIZED. Lowry is UNDERSIZED.
                                JJ can barely handle the ball and can't shoot. Fields can't shoot, period.

                                Here's me pointing out the obvious for the fourth time. Here's hoping!
                                Bullshit.

                                How does GV's size help him run the offence with the starters?

                                Why does JJ need to handle the ball with the starters?

                                These are BS excuses to attempt to validate your opinion (and therefore far from "the obvious"). GV was a poor choice vs LA and continues to be a poor choice vs Sac.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X