DeRozan Injury & Raptors Gameplan Without Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    You're right about Bledsoe. Sorry I forget the dude's just crazy athletic.

But I wrote Lowry OR Lou for a reason. When there on the floor together who picks up the SG? What if they get caught on a switch guarding a SF? I can understand if you're playing small ball but as a starting line-up? I don't know.

I don't know how I ended up defending a coaching decision I don't give a shit about, because some guy thought me answering another guys question was 'bullshit'.
    Some guy is trying to have intelligent basketball discussions. Clearly you aren't interested.

Lou is irrelevant since you are the one throwing his name into the discussion. You might as well start arguing as to why Bebe shouldn't start tonight.

You're comment was that GV should start because they can run their regular offence, then when pressed for details you said because of his size and shooting. Yet no evidence to support this theory has been provided and you've gone down a "Westbrook would post up Lowry/Lou" discussion all on your own in a weak attempt to assemble a coherent thought.

GV was a poor choice last night due to the matchup with Kobe, which I said in the game thread before the game, that allowing Kobe to start hot is the only way we lose. 129 points against and Kobe triple-double. Not enough pressure from the opening tip on their primary weapon.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Ugh.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        This isn't the season that Masai goes all in to win. No way Demar gets traded. Not when he and Kyle are best buds and the chemistry they have. So funny, guys been around for 5 years and people have wanted to dump him since day 1.

Here's a fact. DeMars DeDont grow on trees.
        You might be absolutely correct but it is not for the reasons you stated.

By all accounts Lowry and gay are tighter, gay was traded, and Lowry resigned.

It is. Business and no one knows that more than Lowry.

Comment

• They should just run the same plays they ran for DeMar for Ross. Just stretch out those spot ups to the three pt line instead

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            You might be absolutely correct but it is not for the reasons you stated.

By all accounts Lowry and gay are tighter, gay was traded, and Lowry resigned.

It is. Business and no one knows that more than Lowry.
            I don't think you can trade arguably the best player on teams bestfriend on the team who just happens to be an all star during the best season in franchise history.and then have an explanation for the trade as, "it's a business"

The gay thing only went down because the team sucked, and they are good this year. Two completely diffenerent situations
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              I don't think you can trade arguably the best player on teams bestfriend on the team who just happens to be an all star during the best season in franchise history.and then have an explanation for the trade as, "it's a business"

The gay thing only went down because the team sucked, and they are good this year. Two completely diffenerent situations
              My only point is lose this best friend talk.

If Masai trades anyone there is a purpose. I'm sure he sits Lowry down and tells him what it is if his feelings are hurt.

Personally I don't think DD gets traded so it is a moot point. But if he was traded I doubt it is for peanuts and I doubt it is with intention of team taking a step back given the last year.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                They should just run the same plays they ran for DeMar for Ross. Just stretch out those spot ups to the three pt line instead
                I think that would be ideal. But at the same time, it's hard for terrence to learn all the plays set for demar in such a short period. It'll take some time, until he masters those plays, we will only see them in spurts
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  You're right about Bledsoe. Sorry I forget the dude's just crazy athletic.

But I wrote Lowry OR Lou for a reason. When there on the floor together who picks up the SG? What if they get caught on a switch guarding a SF? I can understand if you're playing small ball but as a starting line-up? I don't know.

I don't know how I ended up defending a coaching decision I don't give a shit about, because some guy thought me answering another guys question was 'bullshit'.
                  Lou and Lowry on the floor together have a +20 net rating this year. Clearly not a big issue playing them together.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                    Dude I'm a big fan of DeMar as well, but I also want what's best for the team.

If somehow, Ross is putting up like 18-5 during the stretch DeMar is out on like 55+ TS% and 40% 3PT with good defense? You've got to at least consider moving DeMar for an all-star at a different position.

Do I expect Ross to pull that off? Ehhh, not really. But he COULD and if he does it's something that has to (and will) be considered by Masai and the rest of the front office.
                    Don't have to trade either.

Just lower DD's USG rate and run more plays for Ross. Lowering DD's usage should make him more efficient too.

I think that would be the realistic and ideal outcome if Ross does produce well.

(and that is coming from the guy who would trade DeMar regardless)

Comment

Working...
                    X