Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game#...III RapsHeat III Tuesday February 1st 7:30pm on SN (and TNT!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvin Williams is coming into his own. He had me laughing out loud a couple times. They show Trent Sr and Matt talks all serious and Alvin goes "I dunno Matt, everytime they show that guy he's eating. Something different every time"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm all in on the idea of getting these guys some help. The internal growth here is intriguing as hell.
      The front office owes it to them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The front office owes it to them.
        even minor help

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Masai(he's in charge right?) needs to step up and get his top 5 guys some help.
          technically bobby

Comment

• Was watching the Bulls vs. Magic game and the Bulls announcers kept talking about the Raptors. First they started with how well the Raps are playing, that nobody will want to see them in the playoffs and in a later segment how the Raps were the first to expose that Bulls can't handle pressure. Got me all warm inside, just really proud of these guys.

Comment

• At the end of games it always feels like theres a better chance we turn them over than let them score.

Excited again. Go raps!

Comment

A shooting coach?

Comment

• Accidental renaissance
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 2nd star of the game is the poor kid who swept up this dudes peanut shells

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      2nd star of the game is the poor kid who swept up this dudes peanut shells

dude is a tank damn.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

dude is a tank damn.
                        If Junior puts on mass like that it could solve our search for a starting center.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Accidental renaissance
                          In a tight game …
                          that gaff really stressed me out.

Comment

lets start by getting those 5 a crowd to play in front of
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Our starting 5 is a great closing 5... built for the playoffs.
                              They gotta bottle that up, these 5 together are developing a very solid chemistry together. You can tell they're getting used to each other's game; the defensive rotations are crispier, they're anticipating the move of the primary help defender, and are ready to rotate to cover that spot, sometimes with a tertiary defender right there already. Some of these defensive rotations in film are the stuff you teach and they're executing really well. Comes from playing together (and also being good defenders of course)

Comment

• Another Miami/Toronto classic last night. Heat started off well (Raptors were the opposite). Our defense was underwhelming and our offense was puttering along. Everyone looked really tired and sluggish. Was it before half where Vincent threw that hail mary off the backboard buzzer beater to take a 12 point lead? Was really surprised we came into the 3rd quarter with our typical Raptor energy we've been seeing. The defense was just on point in that second half. Heat scored a total of 44 points in the second half, 21 in the 3rd. Seems like Nurse wants to utilize OG more on their best player (Jimmy) in the second half than in the first.. likely to get OG some rest until we really need his defense.

Gary has blown me away. 5 games now where he's scoring over 30. And he was so good down the stretch. The big 3 over Tucker's flop. Then the other one over PJ's stretched arms. And of course he got fouled on one as well. This guy is hot man. And our guys kept feeding him. I have no idea what he's eating but hope he keeps doing what he's been doing.

Fred scaled back really hard.. been averaging over 18 shots a game lately but only took 11 last night. He was selective and it worked. Still ended up with 21 points. Typically great defense. Felt like he was deferring to Scottie a lot, and of course trying to get the ball to Gary late.

Pascal had a bit of a modest game. Les efficient than he's typically been (5/14). Had 3 steals.. Still some really good defense. Bottled up Bam late in the game. Not as good as he was last time. Missed a critical free throw late.. which was a stat our team seems to suck at. But he had that offensive rebound off a missed free throw for an and-1. I believe it was Martin who fouled him, gaining a tech as well. It was like a big 6 point swing there. 14 boards as well which lead the team.

Scottie had the ball a lot.. he took 13 shots, which is more than he's typically taken. That pass to OG at the end was super sweet. Looking at the replay it looks like Miami screwed that one up. Both PJ and Robinson went chasing after Fred and that got OG wide open. Good to see Barnes seeing that happen.

OG was great. That dunk over Jimmy was a highlight reel. He went up for that. Hated the little turnovers. The pass from Siakam that went out of bounds. The offensive charge. He and Precious were fighting for a rebound and screwing it up (although that was more on Precious). But he made up for it with that dunk. Also was 6/10 and bottled up Jimmy again late in the game.

Banton gave us some energy again. Precious was way more good than bad.. that 3pt stroke is so nice man. We need him to figure out how to play around the rim. He's an athlete that has a nice shot, and plays wicked defense. Can also rebound. He's a season or two away from being a stud. I don't remember Boucher at all in this game. Did he play? Boxscore said he was on the court, and for 18 minutes as well.

The only thing I remember of Champagnie was him being out of position on a Fred pass to him. I've never seen Fred pissed off at his own teammate before, but he really wasn't that happy there. We never saw Champagnie again that game after that play.

Great team effort. Great win. Love this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X