Game # 1st Hawks at Raptors Friday February 4th 7:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post

The upside of playing big minutes is that our guys cardio should be in peak condition.
    Playoff ready.

Comment

Say what you will about “Heat Culture” but Precious only took one three all last year. That’s more than Bam has done all year. I guess “centres don’t shoot 3’s” is “culture”. It’s like Leo is running the team. Anyways, great game. Can’t sell this one short. Both played #1 seeds last night (can’t believe I didn’t put that in the thread) and Trae was healthy enough to get 43.

Comment

That was an unexpected win. Pascal was on fire early. Game of runs, but I don't believe we ever lost the lead once. Some wicked shooting. Precious with two huge corner 3's. Boucher playing great. OG had some great defense late. Scottie was awesome.

Felt like Atlanta was always coming back and we just kept blowing the lid open on them when we wanted to.

Another great win. It really is remarkable what they've done in this stretch.

Raptors will be the team that nobody will want to face in the playoffs. And it may not even be our final form. 6 days left until the deadline.

Comment

Officially 1/2 game back of 6th. Fuck Brooklyn!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Officially 1/2 game back of 6th. Fuck Brooklyn!

Comment

Clinical. Professional win. They are now 10-4 (0.714) with these starters. Our 5 best, getting more and more in rhythm as the season goes on. And these are not empty wins either, beating high-end teams over and over despite of the tight schedule and tons of minutes for them. It feels like the starters are adapting their pace and game to the heavy load: they start a little slow, pacing themselves knowing they'll play heavy minutes, feeling the opponent out, then get into a rhythm and take control of the game. Bottle that up and let's get some depth for these guys at the deadline

Comment

I feel bad for other teams, you have Siakam on you, you screen, you end up with OG, you screen again and it's Barnes....ouch.
                Atlanta showed tonight that they are much better than their record suggested, this is a great win for the raps.
                That one layup Barnes made earlier in the game was super Magic Johnson like........

Comment

Loved how they played down the stretch. Trent, OG, Barnes and Fred all productive while the Hawks were focused on Pascal. And great defense when they needed it.

Hawks really struggled with Raps length. The only time they really figured it out was with all those threes in the fourth quarter run. You could see they got hesitant even with their passes.

Continues to amaze me how big and powerful Barnes is. He might very well be the centre we are looking for - as crazy as that sounds.

Comment

I hope there isn't a practice until Monday morning, the day of the game (light practice)

Comment

• I watched the Atlanta broadcast, and the late game possession when OG blocked Trae was so satisfying.

Dominique Wilkins: "Usually this is Trae time! If you don't get toe to toe with him.."

As he's saying this, Trae pulls up for a three but OG blocks it with suffocating defence.

So good.

The Atlanta commentators did spend a lot of time talking about OG, Barnes and Precious being clumsy and turning the ball over from trying to do too much, and that sucked, because they weren't wrong.

But all was forgotten after the block.

Comment

• One thing that dawned on me was that in the playoffs teams have to adjust to a shorter rotations and the additional conditioning required for extended minutes. Raps will have a full season of playoff conditioning...if they can stay healthy. I mean I'm not saying that is their strategy for this short rotation and crazy minutes....but if it is...

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          One thing that dawned on me was that in the playoffs teams have to adjust to a shorter rotations and the additional conditioning required for extended minutes. Raps will have a full season of playoff conditioning...if they can stay healthy. I mean I'm not saying that is their strategy for this short rotation and crazy minutes....but if it is...
                          That is the silver lining...just gotta hope we can maintain.

Comment

• Amazing game. Fought off every overtake attempt just in time and closed them out in the clutch. OG's defence was ridiculous, Pascal was great, Fred too, Trent hitting key shots, Boucher great energy, Precious three point shooting again! Barnes was pretty good too. Offence slipped late as they were taking some unorthodox routes to scoring, going to OG a lot without an advantageous mismatch, but once it got real close they went to several straight Fred-Pascal actions, then OG posting on Trae. Scored on all of them (one after an O-board, but the first shot was good and they had board positioning), throw in some clutch defence and game over. Really good stuff. Neat balance of development and winning down the stretch.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                            X