James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Johnson

Could anyone have predicted that James would have such a positive impact? When we signed him I was skeptical, I thought he was giving the usual lip service of "I'm a changed man" and blah blah blah. But so far this season he's playing within his capabilities both defensively and offensively. I believe his greatest value will come to fruition in the playoffs.

He's on an amazing contract 2.5mil for 2 years, Masai has done it once again.
    Everything this man touches turns to gold
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Could anyone have predicted that James would have such a positive impact? When we signed him I was skeptical, I thought he was giving the usual lip service of "I'm a changed man" and blah blah blah. But so far this season he's playing within his capabilities both defensively and offensively. I believe his greatest value will come to fruition in the playoffs.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Casey will bench him for Derozan when he comes back and in the playoffs.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Enjoy it while it lasts. Casey will bench him for Derozan when he comes back and in the playoffs.
      That's doesn't even make sense. JJ led the bench in minutes before he got injured
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        That's doesn't even make sense. JJ led the bench in minutes before he got injured
        This.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I have no idea what Raptors999 is talking about???

Comment

I'm personally not surprise what so ever. JJ is doing nothing out of his capabilities. Credit has to be given to Casey for being to built a system that takes advantage of his multiple skills cause in his 6 years in the league nobody has been able to bring the best out of him.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Say what? Have you been watching Raptors basketball this season?

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                Say what? Have you been watching Raptors basketball this season?

That's a thicker neck than Brian Urlacher....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  That's a thicker neck than Brian Urlacher....
                  Is that even possible......

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

I knew we would get the James Johnson from Memphis, but I didn't know he'd be THIS GOOD now. Our team got him at the exact right time. He now is raising a toddler child of his own, grew up mentally and owned up to his mistakes like Lowry, and is coming to a team and coach that he's appreciative that allowed him to show-case himself in the past.

Another plus is if you are James Johnson and compare the 2011 past as you walked through the doors of the ACC on July 18th, you'd immediately feel the difference. James Johnson in 2012 was not mature, but the Raptors environment that JJ saw was absolute disarray that added to his problems. Imagine being in a locker room and seeing Demar working his ass off for only 4 million dollars/year and then seeing a lazy-ass Bargnani getting an $11 Million dollar/year cheque with no locker-room leader. That itself is a disaster in the locker-room chain of command and that allows player to let their attitudes boil out. With this 2014 James Johnson, he knows Demar is getting the proper treatment, and he knows and already respects Lowry as THE Captain. Add in Masai as boss, and Casey with positive references too, then you get a happy family.

Comment

As long as he stays in his lane its going to be all good. His value could raise and be part of a package that nets us a major impact talent. As for now I'm happy to have him on our team.

Comment

Love him but he still gambles a lot on the perimeter which leads to a lot of unnecessary fouls.

His offense has been a huge surprise, under control on his drives.

Comment

Its crazy because our 5 man bench unit of Vasquez, Lou, JJ, 2Pat, Hayes could take some teams starters, like Lakers and Philly.

Comment

Our 2nd unit is a playoff team in the east.

Comment

Obligatory

Comment

Working...
                              X