Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game # ....5/5 Raptors at Hornets Monday February 7th 7:00pm on TSN

Guess what?
    The Hawks are 8-2 in their last ten games.
    Good for you Atlanta!
    You did your best!
    You're special.
    Sorry you had to play the Raps.

We are entering some

territory here.

Not even the most ardent fan would have called for five out of five on this set of games
    The leader of the East three times.
    A team on a 7 game winning streak.
    That same team that just beat the Suns.

What a fun game.
    Still got a bit dicey because...Raptors.
    But lots to like.

Which brings us to the small elephant in the room.
    The trade deadline is 5 days away.
    No need to take away from that thread but I thought I'd touch on it here.

Watching that 5 finish was impressive.
    That's the group I'd want to see playing the last 8 minutes of the 4th.
    And all of the first overtime.
    And the second one...

So maybe we just need to add around the edges.
    I hear the argument that Scottie could use some rest.

But how do we rest a guy that.....

..plays bully ball at the rim and...

can razzle dazzle at the perimeter and...

...throws in a bit of this?

(yes, I somehow just discovered our own twitter feed)

Not sure we can.
    So what can we do to fill in the gaps
    so that our core can play 43 minutes a game in the playoffs,
    but not in February?

I've heard Poeltl's name mentioned a few times.
    Delon has carved out a niche for himself.
    Maybe he would be a reliable sub for Mr All Star.
    Wait...this group is looking familiar...

Oh yeah,
    I saw what was going down in the other L.A.

Go ahead Clips.
    Try and reunite the Championship Raptors.
    We'll go all Jimmy Butler on you
    and beat you with the Bench Mob!

I see you CJ

Anyways,
    another big Eastern Conference matchup Monday as we position ourselves for the playoffs.
    Much like the Raps, we have almost 72 hours off.
    Unlike the Raps, we are probably not welcoming it as much

This was the post of the night from last night's game

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Officially 1/2 game back of 6th. Fuck Brooklyn!
    Not sure I can muster the same passion for the Hornets.

Maybe "Bugger off Charlotte"?

Go Raps

After the week we had the competition only gets easier. Five in a row going for the year record wins in a row 6. Let’s get ‘em Jclaw

Comment

ouch! just watched the end of the Hornets game from last night. they made a furious comeback with 3 3's in a row and then got screwed on a no call and semi screwed on a call to give the Cavs the winning free throws with one second left. But then they were dumb and tried an inbound lob to the rim...over Jarrett Allen. They will come out wounded.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        ouch! just watched the end of the Hornets game from last night. they made a furious comeback with 3 3's in a row and then got screwed on a no call and semi screwed on a call to give the Cavs the winning free throws with one second left. But then they were dumb and tried an inbound lob to the rim...over Jarrett Allen. They will come out wounded.
        Hornets will play the Heat tonight.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Charlotte is a scrappy team that can play hard and fast. I know we beat them pretty handily a couple of weeks back (actually it feels like forever ago). Watching a bit of the Heat game tonight. They came back from like a 12 point deficit and are up at the half. Bridges is really good. But they also have a Plumlee.

Comment

Raps just got a shoutout from JVG on the Lakers Knicks ABC game. JVG was talking about how people are saying the Lakers will be ok when everyone is healthy. But(he said) no one is healthy. 14 of the 24 all stars were missing a game last week. “Nobody can say they’re healthy…except Toronto who plays their guys every minute of every game…”
            He then goes on to say that he thinks that gives them a big advantage against other teams.
            Hi Jeff!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Charlotte is a scrappy team that can play hard and fast. I know we beat them pretty handily a couple of weeks back (actually it feels like forever ago). Watching a bit of the Heat game tonight. They came back from like a 12 point deficit and are up at the half. Bridges is really good. But they also have a Plumlee.
              And…they’re down by 26. But tough to play again after last night. I guess our game will be the last of a 3 in 4 for them (and the first for us)

Comment

Raps just got a shoutout from JVG on the Lakers Knicks ABC game. JVG was talking about how people are saying the Lakers will be ok when everyone is healthy. But(he said) no one is healthy. 14 of the 24 all stars were missing a game last week. “Nobody can say they’re healthy…except Toronto who plays their guys every minute of every game…”
                He then goes on to say that he thinks that gives them a big advantage against other teams.
                Hi Jeff!
                Says the coach (JVG) who played Latrell Sprewell 48 minutes a game. Old school coaches like JVG are just jealous that Nurse isn’t getting flak for the minutes, because let’s face it, if every coach could just play their best players as much as physically possible …. they’d all do it.

Looks like we also have to rewrite the Thibs legacy with Derrick Rose now: Thibs had no choice. Who was he gonna play… CJ Watson?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Says the coach (JVG) who played Latrell Sprewell 48 minutes a game. Old school coaches like JVG are just jealous that Nurse isn’t getting flak for the minutes, because let’s face it, if every coach could just play their best players as much as physically possible …. they’d all do it.

Looks like we also have to rewrite the Thibs legacy with Derrick Rose now: Thibs had no choice. Who was he gonna play… CJ Watson?
                  Nah Thibs destroyed Rose's career
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Nah Thibs destroyed Rose's career
                    Well it if it happens to Fred, people will likely say the same about Nick. Hopefully it never does.

Also pretty big difference is Thibs used to play them heavy minutes and still have a lot of intense practices.

Nick doesn't do a lot of practice and gives players time off.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Well it if it happens to Fred, people will likely say the same about Nick. Hopefully it never does.

Also pretty big difference is Thibs used to play them heavy minutes and still have a lot of intense practices.

Nick doesn't do a lot of practice and gives players time off.
                      Yeah if one of the guys get career ending injury it will look bad on Nurse. No point in rewriting Thibs memory.

Thibs is overrated coach anyway.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

It actually sounded like it was a compliment

Comment

And…they’re down by 26. But tough to play again after last night. I guess our game will be the last of a 3 in 4 for them (and the first for us)
                          Lol yeah.. I stopped watching after half time, and checked the score this morning. Yeah they had a tough back to back. 1 point loss on a controversial play to Cleveland and then got smoked by the Heat.

Bouknight and their coach went at it as well:

Comment

One sec….are we just glossing this over?

is Fred going to go for 50 tomorrow?

Comment

Also 10 dz red roses and a huge rock for the fiancé. Freddy is worth a few bucks. Game day let’s go Raps.

Comment

Working...
                              X