Is Lowry a superstar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    To me, a superstar is a scheme-buster — a player that is basically unguardable. It's a player a coach has to create special strategies for, and even then, the player is so effective they find ways succeed anyways.

Stephen Curry is a superstar, because he can shoot from almost anywhere on the floor, with either hand, in a variety of ways (scoops shots, floaters, etc.)

Kevin Durant and Dirk are superstars, because their height and length allows them to get an open, unblockable shot, almost anytime, against almost any defender.

Lebron and Unibrow are superstars, because they have size, speed and athleticism combined with guard skills, that allow them to defend multiple defenders and basically do anything they want on the court.

Lowry is 'just' a really, really, really good player.
    It seems like everyone has their own definition of superstar. I kind of like yours, makes sense to me. I would have maybe added another "really" or two at the end but other than that, agree 100%.

Comment

Lowry is playing like a Superstar but that doesn't make him one. Need to sustain that level of play over 3+ seasons.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
        I guess I meant "superstar" in terms of on court impact.
        The game against Miami was a bit of an eye opener.

Wade was playing like in his prime, and I remember thinking that he's definitely a tier above Kyle.

Kyle reminds me of Dougie Gilmour.....does Doug deserve to be mentioned alongside Gretzky, Lemieux and co?

Comment

Kyle Lowry is Da Real MVP.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Not a superstar, but he is a Bad Ass Motherfucker though
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
              The game against Miami was a bit of an eye opener.

Wade was playing like in his prime, and I remember thinking that he's definitely a tier above Kyle.

Kyle reminds me of Dougie Gilmour.....does Doug deserve to be mentioned alongside Gretzky, Lemieux and co?
              Lol aaaaaaannnddd.... you lost me. Don't watch enough hockey to know who Gilmour is. I recognize Gretzky and Lemieux of course.

Comment

Lol aaaaaaannnddd.... you lost me. Don't watch enough hockey to know who Gilmour is. I recognize Gretzky and Lemieux of course.
                Basically a ridiculously good two-way centre who put up points in bunches. Probable HOFer.
                Same way I'd describe Lowry today. Gilmour also produced like a superstar for a couple seasons, just like Lowry is.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  Basically a ridiculously good two-way centre who put up points in bunches. Probable HOFer.
                  Same way I'd describe Lowry today. Gilmour also produced like a superstar for a couple seasons, just like Lowry is.
                  yeah, and he was heart and soul like Lowry, and gritty and grindy. Dougie did it all, just like Lowry...not a bad comparison.

Comment

Don't watch enough hockey to know who Gilmour is.
                    hahaha. yeah, fuck you gilmour. toronto fans in here must hate you as much as wendel clark loves men.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      hahaha. yeah, fuck you gilmour. toronto fans in here must hate you as much as wendel clark loves men.
                      No need for the hate.

Love basketball.....like hockey.

Gilmour was undersized, grit, hard-ass and big-time. However, not a superstar. Same is true of Lowry.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                        No need for the hate.

Love basketball.....like hockey.

Gilmour was undersized, grit, hard-ass and big-time. However, not a superstar. Same is true of Lowry.
                        i am a sens fan. i also love hockey. saw a shot and took it. no actual hate.

Comment

Working...
                        X