Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota CCCcccombo Breaker Philly's Losing streak. NBA fans Laugh at Minnesota, more odd Minnesota Facts I Dug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota CCCcccombo Breaker Philly's Losing streak. NBA fans Laugh at Minnesota, more odd Minnesota Facts I Dug

As we all KNOW tonight, the embarrassingly bad Philadelphia 76ers finally got their first win against a totally injured Timberwolves team (without Kevin Martin, Pekovic, and Rubio). It was terrible basketball played by both teams.

The main concern from us Northerners is that Bennett & Wiggins laid and egg at an opportunity to stat-pad against a horrible team with all that playing time HANDED to them.

Box score here: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/philade...es-2014120316/

Okay, I Minnesota is badly injured and missing three rotation players, but on talent alone they should beat the 76ers. If it had to be decided by a game winning shot, Minnesota should win.

Well streaks gotta end anytime. Good or Bad.

On further note, please view this page for further interesting information:

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/wolv...perations.html

Take a look who is Vice President of Basketball Operations....ya, that's a familiar face. Now look who is also one of the assistant coaches.

If I was Sam, I would be lamenting the choice of rejoining a coworker who traded away a great talent for two of three players that never wanted to play for Toronto, blew an extra 2005 pick on a guy that only gave you headaches and unnecessary blame from fans not to get potential out of him (Joey Graham), and flat out said to media that your team will suck. Feel sorry for you Sam, because once a guy who sucks is still employed at a senior position, your team will still suck.

Timberwolves Yearly Record since hiring Babcock as whatever senior position:

2006: 32-50
    2007: 22-60
    2008: 24-58
    2009: 15-67
    2010: 17-65
    2011: 26-40 *STRIKE
    2012: 31-51
    2013: 40-42 *better, but still not even close to Western Conference Playoffs
    2014: 4-13 *****Currently

The final years of Kevin McHale and Kahn were outright terrible as the head GM, but doesn't changing GMs mean also cleaning house and getting rid of the other assistant GM and consultants for a clean-slate? What is Glenn Taylor thinking of keeping Rob Babcock anyways? I know it is baseless to get rid of Babcock because he was not the main guy deciding the bad 1st round picks and terrible trades (too many to count) and Darko contracts (lol Kahn, heaven from mana), but Babcock is not even improving anything on this team to boot!!

OH Snap!!! How does it feel for Wiggins and Bennett to arrive to Minnesota, shake hands with that one guy when they were in their Junior High ages in Toronto and witness Babcock making that franchise raping trade to the Raptors!!!??? If I was in their shoes, I's would try to be professional, but the onus would be too great for me. It's like shaking hands with a guy that molested a dear family member and was convicted guilty, but released on bail and knowing he is one of your senior staff that is partly calling the shots. What a mind-f#@$!!!

If this type of dismay keeps happening for Minnesota till 2018, I think Wiggins and Bennett will ask for a contract with the Raptors for just $1 million/yr just to get the hell out of that team..... I put my foot down firmly and predict this will happen. Unless Minnesota fires Babcock to get rid of the hidden voodoo curse.
    Last edited by tonious35; Thu Dec 4, 2014, 05:18 AM.

You forgot to mention drafting Rafa with the 8th pick lol. In all honesty, if I saw Rob Babcock on the streets I would probably beat him up. Fuck that guy

Comment

Good to see Sam with a spot. I didn't hate him as a coach and like his analysis on TV. Didn't know Sam worked as an assistant under Avery Johnson a few years ago.

Comment

I don't feel sorry for Sam. He hasn't reached desperation levels where this is the only gig he could land. He made a choice to work on the same team as Babcock.

Don't be surprised at the results, Smitch.

Comment

jonnywalker wrote: View Post
          You forgot to mention drafting Rafa with the 8th pick lol. In all honesty, if I saw Rob Babcock on the streets I would probably beat him up. Fuck that guy
          I don't know if you remember but there was a guy with an anti -Babcock sign prominently evident about 10 rows behind Raptors basket one game who was really pissed at Babcock and Arujeo --security tossed him eventually but most of the arena was aware of this guy--fhat wasn't you was it?

Comment

Working...
          X