Game #20: Cleveland Cavaliers 105 - Toronto Raptors 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    The defense was slipping before his injury.

The 2.5 games prior was awful. The last 5 have been nothing but a continuation.

But point still stands: it is a good thing they spend all their practice time on defense.
    Our defense hasn't been consistent since March/April.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Our defense hasn't been consistent since March/April.
      And then there is that.

Comment

The defense was slipping before his injury.

The 2.5 games prior was awful. The last 5 have been nothing but a continuation.

But point still stands: it is a good thing they spend all their practice time on defense.
        Are initial D is good. Are bigs are just being beat up on the boards every single game
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Are initial D is good. Are bigs are just being beat up on the boards every single game
          Are you watching the same game I am?

Our guards let anyone drive to the rim at will our initial defense is horrific.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Not only bigs. Ross should be 6 rebs per game guy.

Comment

• To be kind, both Ross & JV have just not stepped up or been inconsistent and they are both starters.

This has been mentioned before I think

Comment

• People are acting like our guards are the only guards in the league who gets beat. Everyone gets beat in this league. Yes some get beat easier than others but they still get beat more often than not. Your bigs have to be able to be in the right positions when that happens and the guards have to step in and help the helper. That's not happening right now and THAT'S the problem. Also as someone pointed out we rebound horrendously. So when we do actually get a stop we can't come up with the rebound. It's just a mess right now. But the initial D getting beat is something that happens all throughout the league. I highly doubt that Steph Curry and Klay Thompson and whoever else is on the perimeter for them don't get beat constantly as well. It's that everyone is on the same page and is rotating correctly. We have shown we can be a very good defensive team throughout a season. Don't tell me during those times our guards aren't getting beat. This is the NBA, NO one man can stop another by themselves consistently. The TEAM has to be on the same page, it's about TEAM D not individual D. Obviously have an good individual defender helps but even they get beat more than they don't. The rotations are what's most important.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  People are acting like our guards are the only guards in the league who gets beat. Everyone gets beat in this league. Yes some get beat easier than others but they still get beat more often than not. Your bigs have to be able to be in the right positions when that happens and the guards have to step in and help the helper. That's not happening right now and THAT'S the problem. Also as someone pointed out we rebound horrendously. So when we do actually get a stop we can't come up with the rebound. It's just a mess right now. But the initial D getting beat is something that happens all throughout the league. I highly doubt that Steph Curry and Klay Thompson and whoever else is on the perimeter for them don't get beat constantly as well. It's that everyone is on the same page and is rotating correctly. We have shown we can be a very good defensive team throughout a season. Don't tell me during those times our guards aren't getting beat. This is the NBA, NO one man can stop another by themselves consistently. The TEAM has to be on the same page, it's about TEAM D not individual D. Obviously have an good individual defender helps but even they get beat more than they don't. The rotations are what's most important.
                  Teams don't pair a short PG with a slow as shit SG and an undersized SF. Casey should just let opposing teams beat up Amir and JV with bats

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    People are acting like our guards are the only guards in the league who gets beat. Everyone gets beat in this league. Yes some get beat easier than others but they still get beat more often than not. Your bigs have to be able to be in the right positions when that happens and the guards have to step in and help the helper. That's not happening right now and THAT'S the problem. Also as someone pointed out we rebound horrendously. So when we do actually get a stop we can't come up with the rebound. It's just a mess right now. But the initial D getting beat is something that happens all throughout the league. I highly doubt that Steph Curry and Klay Thompson and whoever else is on the perimeter for them don't get beat constantly as well. It's that everyone is on the same page and is rotating correctly. We have shown we can be a very good defensive team throughout a season. Don't tell me during those times our guards aren't getting beat. This is the NBA, NO one man can stop another by themselves consistently. The TEAM has to be on the same page, it's about TEAM D not individual D. Obviously have an good individual defender helps but even they get beat more than they don't. The rotations are what's most important.
                    Yeah I don't wanna hear that too.

Roy Hibbert 28.8 min per game
                    Opp FGA at Rim per game: 8.2
                    Opp FGM at Rim per game 3.2 (39.4%)

JV 26 min per game
                    Opp FGM at Rim per game 4.0 (48.6%)

There are bigs who guarantee good defense no matter who they have on perimeter. Players are afraid of challenging guys like Roy Hibbert that's not the case with JV. Honestly we're not a good defensive team at all. I would've understood so many opp drives if we were running people off of three point line and tunneling them to help defense. But we're pretty bad at defending three point line as well. Teams shoot 36% against us. We're putting people at the line too much: 25FTA against us. We don't do anything exceptionally well on defense. This team reminds me more and more of that 2006-2007 team.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Teams don't pair a short PG with a slow as shit SG and an undersized SF. Casey should just let opposing teams beat up Amir and JV with bats
                      Lol

It would be nice to see Ross play his natural position.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Yeah I don't wanna hear that too.

Roy Hibbert 28.8 min per game
                        Opp FGM at Rim per game 3.2 (39.4%)

JV 26 min per game
                        Opp FGM at Rim per game 4.0 (48.6%)

There are bigs who guarantee good defense no matter who they have on perimeter. Players are afraid of challenging guys like Roy Hibbert that's not the case with JV. Honestly we're not a good defensive team at all. I would've understood so many opp drives if we were running people off of three point line and tunneling them to help defense. But we're pretty bad at defending three point line as well. Teams shoot 36% against us. We're putting people at the line too much: 25FTA against us. We don't do anything exceptionally well on defense. This team reminds me more and more of that 2006-2007 team.
                        So we should compare JV, at 22 and In his 3rd year, against the best defensive C in the game?

So we should compare DeRozan to Harden in PPS Or TS%?

Please.

Stats need context and you are cherry picking.

You know who JV has a better OppATRFg%?
                        Anthony Davis
                        Larry Sanders
                        Tyson Chandler
                        Favors
                        Noah
                        Gortat
                        Vucevic
                        Horford
                        Jefferson
                        Dieng

And pretty much spot on with
                        Both gasols
                        Robin lopez

Comment

So we should compare JV, at 22 and In his 3rd year, against the best defensive C in the game?

So we should compare DeRozan to Harden in PPS Or TS%?

Please.

Stats need context and you are cherry picking.

You know who JV has a better OppATRFg%?
                          Anthony Davis
                          Larry Sanders
                          Tyson Chandler
                          Favors
                          Noah
                          Gortat
                          Vucevic
                          Horford
                          Jefferson
                          Dieng

And pretty much spot on with
                          Both gasols
                          Robin lopez
                          Why not compare Derozan to Harden. One is a real first option on offense another one is forced to be.

All I'm saying JV is not a good Rim Protector.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Why not compare Derozan to Harden. One is a real first option on offense another one is forced to be.

All I'm saying JV is not a good Rim Protector.
                            But he is. Holding opponents to shooting less than 50% at the rim is very good. Amir's rim protection numbers for all of last year were about 48%.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hibbert is a freak in that category. Anyone would look bad compared to him.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                But he is. Holding opponents to shooting less than 50% at the rim is very good. Amir's rim protection numbers for all of last year were about 48%.
                                Next step for him is to get to Top 10.

These ones are from last year
                                http://www.nba.com/hoop/hail__the_ri...014_05_13.html

Comment

Working...
                                X