• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Next step for him is to get to Top 10.

These ones are from last year
    http://www.nba.com/hoop/hail__the_ri...014_05_13.html
    so what are you saying? JV isn't a good rim protector or he is???

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      so what are you saying? JV isn't a good rim protector or he is???
      Still not good enough. But he's not horrible
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Still not good enough. But he's not horrible
        lol nice save, buddy.

first of all, that link you posted was just for last years playoffs. and jonas is literally 2 steps below serge ibaka, a dude whos been in the league way longer and has been on all defensive teams multiple times. i'd say for jonas first foray in the playoffs, thats pretty fucking good 'not terrible'

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          lol nice save, buddy.

first of all, that link you posted was just for last years playoffs. and jonas is literally 2 steps below serge ibaka, a dude whos been in the league way longer and has been on all defensive teams multiple times. i'd say for jonas first foray in the playoffs, thats pretty fucking good 'not terrible'
          aight
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            But he is. Holding opponents to shooting less than 50% at the rim is very good. Amir's rim protection numbers for all of last year were about 48%.
            I find JV's stats last year at that number. How about so far this season? Do you have a link? Thanks.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              I find JV's stats last year at that number. How about so far this season? Do you have a link? Thanks.
              JV's opp FGP at rim : 48.6%.

'not horrible' for a guy whos 16th in the league dealing with the most opponent field goal attempts at the rim. either opponents think they can get past JV easily (and are failing) or our perimeter defense keeps letting people slip by. who knows.

for reference, amir is currently at 51.4%.

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...N*G*20%7CGP*E*

Comment

Why not compare Derozan to Harden. One is a real first option on offense another one is forced to be.

All I'm saying JV is not a good Rim Protector.
                In that case you're just wrong.

Comment

• Demarcus Cousins, Andrew Bogut, Ibaka and Hibbert ... holy shit these guys.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    Demarcus Cousins, Andrew Bogut, Ibaka and Hibbert ... holy shit these guys.
                    NO question JV has some work to do. Those players also have had a little more experience. I'm sure JV will get there and even if he doesn't he will still be in good company - even in year 3.

Cousins - 24 - 306 games played - 9326 minutes played
                    Bogut - 30 - 526 - 16926
                    Ibaka - 25 - 402 - 11145
                    HIbbert - 28 - 473 - 12365
                    JV - 22 -162 - 4255

I'm really confused. A lot of fans were willing to give DeMar 5 years and over 10k minutes but JV doesn't even get 3 years and and 5k? There wouldn't be yet another double standard would there?

Comment

• I watched the game on the Fox Sports Ohio feed. A couple of noteworthy moments:

1. When Jonas chucked his mouthguard, the announcers were like WTF? And basically called him a whining baby (well deserved IMO).

2. Audible "bullshit" calls from the crowd were jokingly spun by the announcers to say "Bulls Quit".

3. James Johnson's goaltending call, which replays showed was clearly in the cylinder, resulted in more outrage from the crowd. The announcers were shocked at how such an obvious call was disliked, and basically suggested that Toronto is a hockey town and doesn't understand basketball that well.

Thank you Ballstreams.

Comment

Working...
                      X