Everything Thad Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He's usually the guy switching on to him on the perimeter though.

Yeah it's a weakness for sure. Doc isn't the best coach but I think he knows what matchup Harden can win and Thad is the one they look for if he's in.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Thad is a PF/C, he doesn't have the speed to guard Harden.
      Right, that’s my point though. Precious (obviously), Boucher and even Birch have been able to hang on the perimeter better than Thad this round, which is a little disappointing given the expectations of Thad being another switchable 6’9er.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Everyone hating on the Thad trade is mighty quiet now. This is exactly why we traded for him. Thad without a sprained thumb is just what we needed.
        I wanted to stay mum about this post but now that you just call me out on another thread then it is FAIR GAME….

you like to to toot your horn about being right on Thad with this post by trying to call out people, was it not you in the earlier pages of the Scottie Barnes trade talking about how bad the pick was?

Comment

• Thad only had 3 points last night? I actually had to look at a second site to make sure espn didn't have a typo. Not possible In other news, with both teams facing elimination, Thad had roughly the same number of assists as the point guard he was traded for.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Thad only had 3 points last night? I actually had to look at a second site to make sure espn didn't have a typo. Not possible In other news, with both teams facing elimination, Thad had roughly the same number of assists as the point guard he was traded for.
            I think Thads passing is his best asset. He's got a good thing going with Boucher.

Comment

I think Thads passing is his best asset. He's got a good thing going with Boucher.
              Oh, definitely.

Needs to stop trying to make bounce passes to Precious, who never has any idea it is coming, but otherwise he's been great finding cutters.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

yes especially from the top of the arc and the high post

Comment

• The deal and plan was always for me to go back. - Thaddeus Young

https://streamable.com/icjslg

Anyone who was worried Masai and Bobby moved back in the draft for a short term rental didn't need to worry. It was always gonna be for a few years of Thad and they agreed to that before the trade.

Comment

The deal and plan was always for me to go back. - Thaddeus Young

https://streamable.com/icjslg

Anyone who was worried Masai and Bobby moved back in the draft for a short term rental didn't need to worry. It was always gonna be for a few years of Thad and they agreed to that before the trade.
                    That's great and hopefully that is going to pay dividends more than Thad showed in last season playoffs performance (which was partially accounted to being new and not knowing all the plays and the other having a limited bench to run with)

Also Malaki Branham the player chosen by the Spurs from the Raptors pick looks to be a steal at the 20th pick so yeah it hopefully pay off.

We do need to see more of this:

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

That's great and hopefully that is going to pay dividends more than Thad showed in last season playoffs performance (which was partially accounted to being new and not knowing all the plays and the other having a limited bench to run with)

Also Malaki Branham the player chosen by the Spurs from the Raptors pick looks to be a steal at the 20th pick so yeah it hopefully pay off.

We do need to see more of this:

Why do you think Branham looks like a steal?

I'd say 0% chance we'd have taken him over Koloko.

Comment

Why do you think Branham looks like a steal?

I'd say 0% chance we'd have taken him over Koloko.
                        He is 19 and looked solid at summer league.

Usually the Spurs know what they are doing at the draft. They are one of the better draft teams up there along with the Raptors.

Comment

He is 19 and looked solid at summer league.

Usually the Spurs know what they are doing at the draft. They are one of the better draft teams up there along with the Raptors.
                          He could end up being a nice pick but I don't think Raptors would have done anything differently at their original pick and taken him over Koloko.

Comment

He could end up being a nice pick but I don't think Raptors would have done anything differently at their original pick and taken him over Koloko.
                            We actually do not know if Koloko was their top target choice the between 20th & 33rd pick.

Comment

• Nurse was on a podcast that I listened to today where he outlined that he expects koloko to potentially start some games this year and be an impact player.
                              Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Jul 28, 2022, 12:21 AM.

Comment

We actually do not know if Koloko was their top target choice the between 20th & 33rd pick.
                                I don't think Koloko would have been their pick at 20 either, but no way to prove that.

What's interesting is that Koloko went pretty much exactly where most draft boards had him going months prior to the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X