Everything Thad Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

If you can't tell that Koloko is better that's on you. Branham shoots like crap and that's his main skill set. Koloko is a mobile rim protector and he's averaging 1.2 blocks in only 16 minutes. His skill transferred to the NBA. Branhams didnt.

I also think Thad has been a useful player, both last season and this season.

I'm not shedding any tears about missing out on Branham like you are. I'm glad we have Koloko instead of him.
    Branham has advanced ball handling skill he's combo guard for Spurs. In last 3 weeks he's been shooting .500/.381/.769. He's already got great midrange game. Shooting 47% from midrange. So you acting like 30% from three is a death sentence for him is hilarious.

And he's 19 years old
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      I raise you…

Comment

• Undrafted since thad yelled at Scottie
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Kessler is going to be nice thought. See him having become a poetl like player. While koloko looks like a Capella. Both guys if say ate around the same level of C. Depends what type of dude you want and masai is more of a Capella dude then poetl dude

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Undrafted since thad yelled at Scottie
            Undefeated?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Undefeated?
              Lol yes stupid auto correct.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Undrafted since thad yelled at Scottie
                Nope..they lost.
                Scottie is still doing his thing though.
                Thad still enjoying a nice view from the bench, he can now enjoy his time with his buddy number 23, maybe he can help him with his sore back issues from behind
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Raps picked up their option on Thad and will be paying him his 8 mill this year to play instead of the 1 million owed to go away. Losing Fred gave them more cash to spend. In other news Fred’s contract has a team option on year 3. Only 80+ million guaranteed.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
                    Raps picked up their option on Thad and will be paying him his 8 mill this year to play instead of the 1 million owed to go away. Losing Fred gave them more cash to spend. In other news Fred’s contract has a team option on year 3. Only 80+ million guaranteed.
                    It's basically a retirement gift for Thad and the hope that we can use his contract as filler in an upgrade trade. Considering that Shake Milton (a useful player at a position of high need) just got signed for only $5M/yr, you really have to wonder what Masai and Bobby are thinking.

Comment

• Thad's contract was a flex thing. Raptors love flexibility, even if it never makes a difference. It was like creating a TPE that can be packaged with other players. The cost was a roster spot though.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's basically a retirement gift for Thad and the hope that we can use his contract as filler in an upgrade trade. Considering that Shake Milton (a useful player at a position of high need) just got signed for only $5M/yr, you really have to wonder what Masai and Bobby are thinking.
                        Minny made out like bandits. He wanted more minutes but he still has to play behind Conley/Edwards. He would have had more in Toronto.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Thad's contract was a flex thing. Raptors love flexibility, even if it never makes a difference. It was like creating a TPE that can be packaged with other players. The cost was a roster spot though.
                          Cha-ching. Optionality is great..... if you actually use it. The one thing smart people often forget is that dithering over all your options... also eliminates earlier options.

Even Masai said at the trade deadline... "the same decisions will be available to us in the off-season". That was 100% wrong with Fred. Or perhaps that was damage control because he knew that they effed up: i.e. the Raptors were in the drivers seat heading into the trade deadline, but their self-imposed "wait until we return from our roadtrip to take calls" back-fired when Kyrie & KD spoiled the market.

Bobby Webster comes across as an paralysis-by-analysis type of personality. And Masai seems to value patience and continuity by nature. That's not necessarily a great tandem when there are situations where you need to strike fast. After the chip, they seem to have lost their ability to move quickly.

Comment

• Masai's comment about stuff at the deadline being available in the summer was pretty clearly talking about the pieces that would be here in the summer - OG and Pascal. Also coincidentally the only two pieces with trade value worth caring about.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Cha-ching. Optionality is great..... if you actually use it. The one thing smart people often forget is that dithering over all your options... also eliminates earlier options.

Even Masai said at the trade deadline... "the same decisions will be available to us in the off-season". That was 100% wrong with Fred. Or perhaps that was damage control because he knew that they effed up: i.e. the Raptors were in the drivers seat heading into the trade deadline, but their self-imposed "wait until we return from our roadtrip to take calls" back-fired when Kyrie & KD spoiled the market.

Bobby Webster comes across as an paralysis-by-analysis type of personality. And Masai seems to value patience and continuity by nature. That's not necessarily a great tandem when there are situations where you need to strike fast. After the chip, they seem to have lost their ability to move quickly.
                              I'd argue that Fred's value was still there even when he walked. They got the full mid-level, and that wouldn't have been available if they traded him for someone like Grayson Allen or Luke Kennard who were mentioned as guys that were being used as pieces on a potential Fred trade. As those are mid level type of guys.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd argue that Fred's value was still there even when he walked. They got the full mid-level, and that wouldn't have been available if they traded him for someone like Grayson Allen or Luke Kennard who were mentioned as guys that were being used as pieces on a potential Fred trade. As those are mid level type of guys.
                                That's a decent way of looking at it. Would we rather have Schroeder or Grayson?

I'm not passionate about it either way, but at least Shroeder is filling a need, which is an NBA caliber PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X