Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzz
    replied
    Raps picked up their option on Thad and will be paying him his 8 mill this year to play instead of the 1 million owed to go away. Losing Fred gave them more cash to spend. In other news Fred’s contract has a team option on year 3. Only 80+ million guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Undrafted since thad yelled at Scottie
    Nope..they lost.
    Scottie is still doing his thing though.
    Thad still enjoying a nice view from the bench, he can now enjoy his time with his buddy number 23, maybe he can help him with his sore back issues from behind

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Undefeated?
    Lol yes stupid auto correct.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Undefeated?

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Kessler is going to be nice thought. See him having become a poetl like player. While koloko looks like a Capella. Both guys if say ate around the same level of C. Depends what type of dude you want and masai is more of a Capella dude then poetl dude

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I raise you…

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

If you can't tell that Koloko is better that's on you. Branham shoots like crap and that's his main skill set. Koloko is a mobile rim protector and he's averaging 1.2 blocks in only 16 minutes. His skill transferred to the NBA. Branhams didnt.

I also think Thad has been a useful player, both last season and this season.

I'm not shedding any tears about missing out on Branham like you are. I'm glad we have Koloko instead of him.
    Branham has advanced ball handling skill he's combo guard for Spurs. In last 3 weeks he's been shooting .500/.381/.769. He's already got great midrange game. Shooting 47% from midrange. So you acting like 30% from three is a death sentence for him is hilarious.

And he's 19 years old

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Branham is better still. Don't wanna go over the argument when your point is "Koloko is better". Nice analysis bud.

And Masai still taking Koloko at 20 when he got him at 32 is not a slam dunk point you think it is.
    If you can't tell that Koloko is better that's on you. Branham shoots like crap and that's his main skill set. Koloko is a mobile rim protector and he's averaging 1.2 blocks in only 16 minutes. His skill transferred to the NBA. Branhams didnt.

I also think Thad has been a useful player, both last season and this season.

I'm not shedding any tears about missing out on Branham like you are. I'm glad we have Koloko instead of him.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

No copium bud. I think Masai would have taken Koloko over Kessler. Kessler is good though, unlike Branham.

Maybe you're coping over how bad your original argument was when you looked at how Branham has been in the NBA instead of his pre draft profile.
    Branham is better still. Don't wanna go over the argument when your point is "Koloko is better". Nice analysis bud.

And Masai still taking Koloko at 20 when he got him at 32 is not a slam dunk point you think it is.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

LOL copium is real

Kessler was 22 pick. first round pick that we gave up for Thad. That's the point.
    No copium bud. I think Masai would have taken Koloko over Kessler. Kessler is good though, unlike Branham.

Maybe you're coping over how bad your original argument was when you looked at how Branham has been in the NBA instead of his pre draft profile.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Koloko had a 11, 7 and 6 game early season as well. It will be a few years before we find out if the Raptors really made a mistake or not.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Koloko doesn't have to play better btw. He's second round pick I'm not putting that expectation on him. But you will do whatever to defend front office.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Move those goal posts.

We could do this shit for every draft. There are always better guys taken after our pick.

I'm still pretty sure Masai would have taken Koloko over Kessler. He can't resist a raw African player.

At least your argument has teeth now with a player playing better than Koloko.
    LOL copium is real

Kessler was 22 pick. first round pick that we gave up for Thad. That's the point.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Jan 11, 2023, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    The other advantage is that Koloko has a 3 year minimum deal, will then be a UFA but we have his bird rights with a very small cap hold. For Walker or any other first round pick you have to pay a bit of a premium to get them for 4 years and their QO (basically player option).

I think it would have come down to Nembhard or Koloko if I had to be honest. Nembhard would have been nice here. He's the kind of backup guard Flynn wishes to be. And he's a Canuck!
    He will be an RFA, not a UFA.

https://www.nba.com/news/free-agency-explained

Restricted free agency exists in the following situations:

• Following the fourth year of rookie “scale” contracts for former first-round Draft picks.

• For all veteran free agents who have been in the NBA for three seasons or less.

Koloko falls into the 2nd bucket.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X