Everything Thad Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    I think I'm pretty OK with this trade. Knowing the Raps FO he'll end up being fantastic and they'll draft a better player in the 2nd round than whoever is taken with their pick, so whatever. Not the big swing we were hoping for but very low cost to do it, so hard to complain too much.
    Thad Young >>>>> Harrison Barnes

I'm happy.

Comment

Ya, I'm okay with this... He should be well rested, and he's only 33, I'm sure he till has a lot of game left in him. I've actually wanted Thad on the team for a long time.

I said before the trade deadline, I would be happy with anyone that can help our bench... it's better than buying Dragic out and getting nothing. Can't wait to see Thad play.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
        Ya, I'm okay with this... He should be well rested, and he's only 33, I'm sure he till has a lot of game left in him. I've actually wanted Thad on the team for a long time.

I said before the trade deadline, I would be happy with anyone that can help our bench... it's better than buying Dragic out and getting nothing. Can't wait to see Thad play.
        He's a poor man's Siakam. A perfect fit off the bench.

Comment

had thad on my fantasy league some years ago and he was killing it. although one thing he will not help with is our abysmal FT % lol

Comment

Will they resign him if he works out?( I believe they have bird rights now).
            I thought the goal was to get a player that fits the system this year with time left on contract after this year that can grow?

Comment

I like Thad Young but he's a tad old.

Comment

I’ve watched some tape of him on the Spurs… he looked a bit shaky. I hope we get the Chicago Thad.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                  I’ve watched some tape of him on the Spurs… he looked a bit shaky. I hope we get the Chicago Thad.
                  Might help being a new team that is trying to win.

Comment

Comment

lol where is ChristianL at? we finally got thad young.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        This wasn't soooo long ago.....

(Dec 2019)
                        2019! How do you guys find this stuff, LOL?!

Comment

Thad hasn't looked great this year but has also only played about as many minutes as Yuta has. So he's more a big question mark than he is definitely worse than he used to be.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Thad hasn't looked great this year but has also only played about as many minutes as Yuta has. So he's more a big question mark than he is definitely worse than he used to be.
                            I put zero stock in the few minutes he's played for a tanking team this year. He was fantastic in Chicago last year, and pretty much every other year before that. He's such a natural fit with what we do on both offense and defense I'm sure he will look great as a Raptor.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

I put zero stock in the few minutes he's played for a tanking team this year. He was fantastic in Chicago last year, and pretty much every other year before that. He's such a natural fit with what we do on both offense and defense I'm sure he will look great as a Raptor.
                              It looks like Spurs went the Dragic route with Thad. He started out playing poorly and the Spurs decided to just play the younger guys over him. I like his game and he has been solid for all of the other teams he played for.

He has been a positive impact player his whole career. Doesn't do things too crazy, plays within himself and does it well. Looking forward to it, hopefully he plays next game.

Comment

I'm curious what sort of role or mins Thad will get. Is he going to be the first guy off the bench replacing Precious or further back in the rotation serving as a back up? I like him the Draymond Green role where he can play a bit of point forward and defend C's.

Thad, Siakam and Barnes out there at the same time gives you so much length, and speed in the front court.

Comment

Working...
                                X