No announcement yet.

Everything Thad Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who did Spurs ended up drafting anyway...

???????

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't mind Koloko. He's going to be an NBA lifer. And he's legit 7 feet but has mobility. Those guys are getting hard to find.

Comment

• But if we're trading with the Spurs.. they should have nabbed McBuckets instead of Thad. We needed shooting.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          who did Spurs ended up drafting anyway...

???????

Depressing. Why we needed a vet instead of a rook at this juncture Im not sure.

and if they were high on koloko make a deal to get a second. That shouldnt too difficult.

Comment

who did Spurs ended up drafting anyway...

???????

I'm a big fan. He struggled earlier in the year but he can flat out shoot.

*Daily reminder that this management traded a 1st for Thad Young.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Branham is shooting 30.2% from 3. That's exactly the same as Dalano. I can show a highlight reel of Koloko hitting a 3 too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Branham is shooting 30.2% from 3. That's exactly the same as Dalano. I can show a highlight reel of Koloko hitting a 3 too.
                Looking at his game log. He's just suffering from inconsistency. He'll attempt 3-4 threes and sometimes makes 2 and sometimes bricks everything. Not terrible for 19 year old

Comment

Looking at his game log. He's just suffering from inconsistency. He'll attempt 3-4 threes and sometimes makes 2 and sometimes bricks everything. Not terrible for 19 year old
                  So you want us to be upset we got Koloko instead of dude who can't shoot at the NBA level?

Sorry but 30% from 3 is terrible.

Koloko is having a better season than him I'm glad we got him instead.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

So you want us to be upset we got Koloko instead of dude who can't shoot at the NBA level?

Sorry but 30% from 3 is terrible.

Koloko is having a better season than him I'm glad we got him instead.
                    And Koloko can't finish at the rim at this level. LOL

Comment

And Koloko can't finish at the rim at this level. LOL
                      Wss Koloko billed as a rim finisher going into the draft? Nope.

This kid was supposed to be a great shooter and he's shooting 30%.

Koloko is better.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Wss Koloko billed as a rim finisher going into the draft? Nope.

This kid was supposed to be a great shooter and he's shooting 30%.

Koloko is better.

keep telling that to yourself

Comment

• You gonna nitpick 19 year kids game instead of asking why management overpaid for Thad Young. You gotta be fair.

Comment

You gonna nitpick 19 year kids game instead of asking why management overpaid for Thad Young. You gotta be fair.
                            I think this was pretty much discussed ad nauseum during the off season. There were a bunch of guys that were ranked similarly on the Raps board between 20-33. They felt their guy was going to be available anyway.

Koloko may not end up being the best player in that range, but he fits what the Raptors want. They needed a young center in their depth chart. And he's been solid the last couple of weeks.

As for Thad.. he's still a guy we could easily flip. His contract is nice. He's got a team option for next year. So could be a rental, or a guy a contender could keep for the following year. All contenders would want a Thad on their bench. And the 2nd rounder we get for Thad could end up being just like Branham or even better.

I wasn't a fan of the trade then. But the trade is not completely over until we know what happens with Thad.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think this was pretty much discussed ad nauseum during the off season. There were a bunch of guys that were ranked similarly on the Raps board between 20-33. They felt their guy was going to be available anyway.

Koloko may not end up being the best player in that range, but he fits what the Raptors want. They needed a young center in their depth chart. And he's been solid the last couple of weeks.

As for Thad.. he's still a guy we could easily flip. His contract is nice. He's got a team option for next year. So could be a rental, or a guy a contender could keep for the following year. All contenders would want a Thad on their bench. And the 2nd rounder we get for Thad could end up being just like Branham or even better.

I wasn't a fan of the trade then. But the trade is not completely over until we know what happens with Thad.
                              Branham is flashier, but Koloko could end up being the higher impact guy in a few years, just because of the position he plays. You can already see opposition guys think twice about driving in the lane when he’s back there.

Comment

You gonna nitpick 19 year kids game instead of asking why management overpaid for Thad Young. You gotta be fair.
                                Not nit picking, Koloko is better, I'd have taken Koloko over him at 20.

We got the better player and we got Thad.

Comment

Working...
                                X