No announcement yet.

What to do with the stockpile of picks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with the stockpile of picks?

Hey All,

We have two first rounders in next years draft. I was wondering if you all think its worth it to either move up in that particular draft or to attempt to trade for an existing piece. Perhaps we could try to trade for Lamarcus via sign and trade this year?

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Hey All,

We have two first rounders in next years draft. I was wondering if you all think its worth it to either move up in that particular draft or to attempt to trade for an existing piece. Perhaps we could try to trade for Lamarcus via sign and trade this year?
    You don't move up until draft day, the pick of unless you're aspiring to obtain the #1.

I think they should hang on to both picks until draft day either way. This team is still in the early stages of development so there is no rush.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately it's a wee bit early to say. Our needs will become more clear by the end of the season. Also I expect the NY pick to accumulate value until the off season, at which point it may be devalued depending on what Phil Jackson can do with their cap space.

If a star becomes available at the trade deadline I don't have a problem moving picks to upgrade the 3/4. It's not like we are going to develop anyone with Bruno and Bebe still waiting in the wings.

Comment

Wait.

Denver and New York picks are likely to be lottery.... Raps get worse.

Masai and Weltman made their careers on scouting.

Let them play to their strengths.

Comment

yeah I don't know what are we gonna do with a bunch of rooks. But better to have rookies as third stringers than Steamer, Fields and Hayes
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Stockpile? We have ONE first rounder in next years draft. Two picks are in 2016. Tad early to start fretting about having too many first round picks lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

We only have one extra pick in 2016, whats the big deal here. LOL.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately it's a wee bit early to say. Our needs will become more clear by the end of the season. Also I expect the NY pick to accumulate value until the off season, at which point it may be devalued depending on what Phil Jackson can do with their cap space.

If a star becomes available at the trade deadline I don't have a problem moving picks to upgrade the 3/4. It's not like we are going to develop anyone with Bruno and Bebe still waiting in the wings.
                If a star does become available, you know who ll get the first bite on him? The Boston Fuckin Celtics. THEY have a stockpile of picks and an array of young guys. FUCK YOU DANNY AINGE!

Comment

the league is primed for a LOT of moves this year. I say sit back, wait and be opportunistic whatever that ends up meaning at the time
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Use them.
                    Next.
                    @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

Build a fort

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Build a fort
                        Lol This made me giggle.

Comment

Trade for Jermaine O'Neal?