X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post
    oof. maybe spending superbowl sunday in new orleans during mardi gras wasn't a great idea, in retrospect
    The youngest guys in the starting lineup definitely played like they were hungover. Team bonding & chemistry would be the cost-benefit.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post
    oof. maybe spending superbowl sunday in new orleans during mardi gras wasn't a great idea, in retrospect
    Even the great Klay Thompson shot 3/14 tonight.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Stinker. It happens. On to the next one.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nah, the bench was somewhat okay. The stats you’re quoting are like extended garbage time. The real bench was Boucher, Birch, Thad and Precious. Weird rotation, but we’re used to it.

OG, Scottie and Trent didn’t have it on offense and the Pels exploited our help defense for open 3 after open 3 as well as pounding us inside with size. That’s the story tonight. It was a thorough ass whupping.

Can’t use box scores to tell the game story… you’re way off.
    Even among those 4, no one is capable of scoring if the starters are having off nights, thats the point I'm trying to make. Thats going to be the problem with this team. Most of the starters need to be on their game to win games. Thats how they got the 8 game win streak.

I'll chalk it up as one of those games. Pascal has been dominant recently and haven't seen Gary go 2/15 in a long time, even before the hot streak.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied

Nah, the bench was somewhat okay. The stats you’re quoting are like extended garbage time. The real bench was Boucher, Birch, Thad and Precious. Weird rotation, but we’re used to it.

OG, Scottie and Trent didn’t have it on offense and the Pels exploited our help defense for open 3 after open 3 as well as pounding us inside with size. That’s the story tonight. It was a thorough ass whupping.

I feel like if we are able to pair Thad with a solid scorer off the bench things will open up on that side.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Super bowl hang over.
    let's just put it at that

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    I didn't watch the game (probably a good thing), but it looks like the bench sucked as usual, Nurse just went to them more probably because the starters played poorly. Precious was 1/4, Flynn 0/4, Banton 2/6, Svi and Yuta 0/3 combined.

Starters had horrible nights and when you have no one on the bench to rely on, this is the type of night you get.

We move on, hopefully the starters are back to it next game.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Remember they're playing on the road and they also probably have to work out.
    You do that over 5 months, it will take its toll on your body.

OG's legs has been giving up lately.
    Obvious sign of fatigue.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Feb 15, 2022, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    I didn't watch the game (probably a good thing), but it looks like the bench sucked as usual, Nurse just went to them more probably because the starters played poorly. Precious was 1/4, Flynn 0/4, Banton 2/6, Svi and Yuta 0/3 combined.

Starters had horrible nights and when you have no one on the bench to rely on, this is the type of night you get.

Nah garbage minutes he pulled starters once win was out of reach

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

That's an excuse. A normal person would probably be tired playing 38 mins of basketball every other night. But these are highly conditioned athletes. Are you telling me that the three point blank layups that OG missed tonight was because he was tired?
    Highly conditioned athletes playing the most minutes in the most physically demanding defensive system vs other highly conditioned athletes. Why even bring a normal person into the conversation? Missing layups could definitely be a sign of fatigue and lack of focus/precision.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Bench scoring actually wasn't the main problem tonight. 3 starters had off-nights. Like, really bad. OG's had 3 in a row, so he's clearly tired. They probably all are.
    That's an excuse. A normal person would probably be tired playing 38 mins of basketball every other night. But these are highly conditioned athletes. Are you telling me that the three point blank layups that OG missed tonight was because he was tired?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I can definitely see why Nurse won't play his bench 20 minutes.
    Boucher inconsistent, Achiuwa can't sink bunnies. Birch is just a guy
    Svi, Banton, Yuta, Flynn, Champ, Bonga meh
    Young, who knows but doubt he's the savioour.

When the starters are off, they get blown out by 30.
    Next ....
    Bench scoring actually wasn't the main problem tonight. 3 starters had off-nights. Like, really bad. OG's had 3 in a row, so he's clearly tired. They probably all are.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I think NN should consider making a lineup change. They need a C in the starting lineup. This whole small ball thing isn't going to work especially against big teams. And it's really unfair to let Barnes guard the other teams big(not the reason why he struggled tonight). Maybe put Precious in the starting lineup in place of Barnes.

Everyone keeps talking about Embiid and Jokic as the two teams that the Raptors need to worry about. Look at the C of the top 6 teams in the East. Bam, Vooch, Mobley and Allen, Giannis and Lopez, Embiid and Rob Williams.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X