No announcement yet.

Game #56 - Toronto Raptors at New Orleans Pelicans; Feb 14th, 2022 on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When trent doesn't have it going offensively it seems to effect the rest of his game

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      20 point leads aren't what they used to be.....

one hot quarter ..

Comment

New Orleans can't miss and we can't hit the ocean even if we were standing on the beach.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          New Orleans can't miss and we can't hit the ocean even if we were standing on the beach.
          we must be looking away from the ocean
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Tonight they looked like a team that's fatigued and playing out the string until the All-Star break. It takes a lot of energy and focus to go on an 8-game winning streak, beating good teams, on multiple back-to-backs.

Comment

This team can't afford 3 starters with off nights. Actually I don't know of an NBA team that can.

Comment

Yeesh. Flynn not helping his cause.

Comment

Svi...... annoys me

Comment

I can definitely see why Nurse won't play his bench 20 minutes.
                    Boucher inconsistent, Achiuwa can't sink bunnies. Birch is just a guy
                    Svi, Banton, Yuta, Flynn, Champ, Bonga meh
                    Young, who knows but doubt he's the savioour.

When the starters are off, they get blown out by 30.
                    Next ....

Comment

I think NN should consider making a lineup change. They need a C in the starting lineup. This whole small ball thing isn't going to work especially against big teams. And it's really unfair to let Barnes guard the other teams big(not the reason why he struggled tonight). Maybe put Precious in the starting lineup in place of Barnes.

Everyone keeps talking about Embiid and Jokic as the two teams that the Raptors need to worry about. Look at the C of the top 6 teams in the East. Bam, Vooch, Mobley and Allen, Giannis and Lopez, Embiid and Rob Williams.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        I can definitely see why Nurse won't play his bench 20 minutes.
                        Boucher inconsistent, Achiuwa can't sink bunnies. Birch is just a guy
                        Svi, Banton, Yuta, Flynn, Champ, Bonga meh
                        Young, who knows but doubt he's the savioour.

When the starters are off, they get blown out by 30.
                        Next ....
                        Bench scoring actually wasn't the main problem tonight. 3 starters had off-nights. Like, really bad. OG's had 3 in a row, so he's clearly tired. They probably all are.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Bench scoring actually wasn't the main problem tonight. 3 starters had off-nights. Like, really bad. OG's had 3 in a row, so he's clearly tired. They probably all are.
                          That's an excuse. A normal person would probably be tired playing 38 mins of basketball every other night. But these are highly conditioned athletes. Are you telling me that the three point blank layups that OG missed tonight was because he was tired?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

That's an excuse. A normal person would probably be tired playing 38 mins of basketball every other night. But these are highly conditioned athletes. Are you telling me that the three point blank layups that OG missed tonight was because he was tired?
                            Highly conditioned athletes playing the most minutes in the most physically demanding defensive system vs other highly conditioned athletes. Why even bring a normal person into the conversation? Missing layups could definitely be a sign of fatigue and lack of focus/precision.

Comment

I didn't watch the game (probably a good thing), but it looks like the bench sucked as usual, Nurse just went to them more probably because the starters played poorly. Precious was 1/4, Flynn 0/4, Banton 2/6, Svi and Yuta 0/3 combined.

Starters had horrible nights and when you have no one on the bench to rely on, this is the type of night you get.

We move on, hopefully the starters are back to it next game.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                                I didn't watch the game (probably a good thing), but it looks like the bench sucked as usual, Nurse just went to them more probably because the starters played poorly. Precious was 1/4, Flynn 0/4, Banton 2/6, Svi and Yuta 0/3 combined.

Starters had horrible nights and when you have no one on the bench to rely on, this is the type of night you get.

We move on, hopefully the starters are back to it next game.
                                Nah garbage minutes he pulled starters once win was out of reach
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X