Game #56 - Toronto Raptors at New Orleans Pelicans; Feb 14th, 2022 on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post
    Shooting is the biggest problem with this team. They have 3 true shooters on the team - FVV, Trent and OG. The only consistent one is FVV. Trent, as i've been saying the whole season is a hot and cold player. He was red hot the last few weeks now he's cold as ice. As for OG, OG is only shooting 34% from 3 this year. That's below average.

I'm still not really sure why the front office didn't address that area last week. Maybe because Trent was red hot? everyone know the way he was shooting the ball was not sustainable.
    Raptors are actually tied for 11th in 3P%. The problem lies in the 2P%, where we're 27th. That speaks volumes to our lack of true finishers at the bucket. Achiuwa, Trent and Fred are a combined 44% from 2.

We have 1 above average finisher on any type of scoring inside the arc, and its Siakam.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah i'm not worried about it. They're coming out of hot league-longest 8-game winning streak beating excellent teams (and a 1-pt loss to a very good team), have a cold shooting night and out of a sudden the sky is falling? They shot 23.5% from 3, and allowed the opponent to shoot 45%. That's the game. A nominal centre or lack thereof is not going to affect that much. They laid an egg, weren't there mentally, lots of distraction over the weekend like others said. We've seen this before on games leading up to the ASB. They'll bounce back, on to the next one.
      This exactly. Wasn't fun to watch the train wreck yesterday, but this does happen from time to time. I do still wish we had a 7ft center on the roster just to shake things up from time to time for certain match ups.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

I think its more than that. It may be Thad was the best offer for Dragic, but Bobby said Thad is someone they wanted for a while, so they went with it.

I think the plan is to keep Thad around past this season, he is going to be a FA, so they will attempt re-sign him.
        I hope they try to keep him because in theory he's a really good fit in terms of physical profile and skills. However, he's well outside of the age group of the main core and is a 14 year vet really interested in trying to prop up a bench unit of young players? He's very unlikely to be part of the this team when they are ready to contend.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

I hope they try to keep him because in theory he's a really good fit in terms of physical profile and skills. However, he's well outside of the age group of the main core and is a 14 year vet really interested in trying to prop up a bench unit of young players? He's very unlikely to be part of the this team when they are ready to contend.
          I honestly do not understand the obsession around here with "timeline" for every single roster decision.

We're not signing Thad to a 5 year deal.

All that matters is can they contribute for all the years they're under contract. We'd sign him for another year or 2 at most and he'll still be a valuable bench piece those years.

The only way we can bring in anyone new is via the MLE or trade, so keeping Thad is pretty much a must unless he absolutely stinks it up.

I think Thad is pretty damn happy with the situation considering he hasn't been on a playoff team since he was on Indy, and he's been coming off the bench exclusively since 2019, so nothing new there.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

If they end up trading the GROAT for un-Precious and a player that didn't want to play for them and they didn't plan to play and who then walked and turned him into "the best offer they could get" who they also don't plan to sign again....that's a sad "end to the Lowry trade saga"

Should have just let Kyle walk in that case and see what Dragic' 19M would play in the open market. + Achiuwa's ~$3M instead of paying Dragic to sit at home and hang out with the Miami Heat.
            Get over it . Its sports and these things happen all the time.

If we let Lowry walk we'd be bitching that we can't sign free agents with whatever $$ came off the books. They took advantage of the control they had and have a young C which has shown glimpses of promise, to show for it and potentially a really good bench player.

I like where this team is. We have 4 starters that are above average at their positions and Scottie has shown every sign he'll be a 5th. Lots of internal improvement coming over the next couple of seasons.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Get over it . Its sports and these things happen all the time.

If we let Lowry walk we'd be bitching that we can't sign free agents with whatever $$ came off the books. They took advantage of the control they had and have a young C which has shown glimpses of promise, to show for it and potentially a really good bench player.

I like where this team is. We have 4 starters that are above average at their positions and Scottie has shown every sign he'll be a 5th. Lots of internal improvement coming over the next couple of seasons.
              Yeah, people have every selective memory when it comes to what was ever on the table for Lowry. During the season we wanted Herro from Miami and they wouldn't budge. We wanted Maxey or Thybulle from Philly and they wouldn't budge.

We could have let Lowry walk and used the cap space on Richaun Holmes. So if you value Holmes more than Precious + Thad I guess you could be upset. I don't value Holmes more than them. He's not that True C that can bang with Jokic or Embiid, he's only 235lbs, not a great rebounder, not a great shot blocker, can't shoot 3's. He's just your classic dunks the ball at a high rate big.

Comment

Who's up for a GDT?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Who's up for a GDT?
                  If it gets to the afternoon and no one grabs it I'll take another shot at it.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sure..the fan base is dejected after that loss but whoever starts tonight’s thread gets at least a ten day winning streak (as long as we win tonight)

Comment

Working...
                    X