Game #22: Toronto Raptors 101 - Cleveland Cavaliers 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    Seriously, I'm probably the biggest critic of Ross on this board, but in the first half he looked really solid playing the DeRozan role.

It's when the Cavs adjusted and dialed up the pressure that he started making bad decisions.

All lot of people were begging for Ross to get more opportunities to develop. This is what development looks like.
    Yeah. I can shrug this game off if I know Ross is going to get a bigger role in the offence. The turnovers may not be pretty, but he's an efficient option the Raps need to develop.
    @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Jonas has 7 shots and 18 points.

Should we look to run the offence through him even a little?

Raptors guards and coaches in unison: nah fuck that
      Sigh.

I dream of Carlisle coaching this team.

Comment

• TRoss had 5 turnovers this game and a very critical one in the end that led to fast easy points and sealed the game for the Cavs, sure he had 18 points but he gave it all back with poor defense and poor decision makings throughout the game.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          We are young team. Played well. But these are the growing pains. We wanted to see what we have in Ross as far ballhandling goes. He doesn't have it. Maybe he'll develop it. But moving Fields into strating line up and not playing GV was smart.
          Hopefully DC remembers this and takes advantage of LF going forward.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            are you saying that the dude going 6 for 7 for the game didnt get any touch in the 4th! and the coach kept running ISO ball left right?
            Pretty much.

Comment

They abandoned him in fourth quarter.

Comment

• I only caught the last 5+ minutes of the game, thanks to a delayed flight, but I tuned in just as the head-to-head matchup was being shown and then I saw Fields on the court with the lead in crunch time. I thought I flew through the twilight zone, until I had to suffer through the last few minutes of Lowry-ball... he's too smart to be so stupid, it has to be DC and his incompetent offensive mind at work. Absolutely dreadful. The other 4 players should just stay on the defensive end. That forced play looking for a bailout with the game on the line was an absolute joke.

I can't speak for the rest of the game, but judging by the score, they must have switched gears for the worse down the stretch...
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Dec 9, 2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• This is why we need a better coach

Casey let's his guards play Iso ball whenever they want and Jonas is ignored

Casey can fuck off you POS
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
                    Yeah. I can shrug this game off if I know Ross is going to get a bigger role in the offence. The turnovers may not be pretty, but he's an efficient option the Raps need to develop.
                    This game reminds me of TR in playoffs last year. He did score tonight but hurt us at critical times with turnovers.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      This is why we need a better coach

Casey let's his guards play Iso ball whenever they want and Jonas is ignored

Casey can fuck off you POS
                      Isn't nick nurse supposed to run offence?

Comment

• JV's talent is going to waste under Casey.....imo

Comment

No. His assist rate is too bad.

/s

Comment

• Horrible team effort on glass down stretch too

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              This game reminds me of TR in playoffs last year. He did score tonight but hurt us at critical times with turnovers.
                              The difference is in the playoff he was unplayable on D against Joe Johnson. Tonight he was fine defending the SG spot.

Stupid question alert: Why doesn't Demar guard the 3?
                              @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• How do you completely ignore Val in the 4th? I mean he didn't touch the ball ONCE! I'm serious Casey is an awful coach. I know some of y'all don't get it but he just doesn't know how to maximize a team's potential.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X