Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2KJ
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    That's the NBA. Plenty of games where refs swallow the whistle in the final minutes and let them play. Every fan of every team ever believes the refs are out to get them. I don't buy it.
    I'm talking about what happened in the Brooklyn series this past playoffs, and how it was "rigged" cuz a Brooklyn-Miami series would bring higher ratings and/or is a bigger rivalry - watch Game 7 again.

This season, the refs are not the cause of the 6 losses. The Miami, Lakers and 3rd Cleveland games were winnable games, but poor execution and late-game lapses cost us the victory. The Chicago, Dallas, and 2nd Cleveland games were legit losses to a team that performed better than ours.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    I just want to the third team when someone decides to take on Deron or Joe....something good will be forced to shake loose from a tree somewhere.
    Deron and Joes contracts are so bad no team can trade for them without giving up something good. 20+ mil is alot of salary when most teams are around 75M for the entire roster.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I just want to the third team when someone decides to take on Deron or Joe....something good will be forced to shake loose from a tree somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Johnson would no doubt effect team chemistry, he's much older than Terrence Ross, and has a disgustingly bloated contract. though stylistically they are different players, in a very real sense it would be like bringing in rudy Gay all over again. Just no on so many levels. Do not want.
    Rather trade DD for Joe. DD is going to opt out and could be looking at 20+. Rather run with Joe for one @ 25 then Demar @ 4/80+

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    RYE wrote: View Post
    I would trade Ross/Hans/Fields and 2nd rd pick for JJ. He would be a vast improvement over Ross in the starting lineup. His contract would be off the books for 2016. He would be great to have come playoff time with his scoring, defense, size, experience. It would definitely improve the team.
    Johnson would no doubt effect team chemistry, he's much older than Terrence Ross, and has a disgustingly bloated contract. though stylistically they are different players, in a very real sense it would be like bringing in rudy Gay all over again. Just no on so many levels. Do not want.

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    I feel like getting Joe Johnson would hurt the team chemistry, while Kevin Garnett would bring toughness to the team..

I would love to see kevin Garnett on Raptors

Leave a comment:

• RYE
    replied
    I would trade Ross/Hans/Fields and 2nd rd pick for JJ. He would be a vast improvement over Ross in the starting lineup. His contract would be off the books for 2016. He would be great to have come playoff time with his scoring, defense, size, experience. It would definitely improve the team.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    did not kg bite someone this year

Leave a comment:

• Risk Mgmt
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Dear risk management,

Thank you for taking the time to write us. What so you think of the we the north slogan? Acc beer prices? Raptors square? Our mascot? Because we have an insanely knowledgeable front office team and these are things i need you to worry about.

Signed,
    Giant of Africa
    If you win (we the North will pay triple)

Leave a comment:

• Risk Mgmt
    replied
    When you Win - everything will workout

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Dear risk management,

Thank you for taking the time to write us. What so you think of the we the north slogan? Acc beer prices? Raptors square? Our mascot? Because we have an insanely knowledgeable front office team and these are things i need you to worry about.

Signed,
    Giant of Africa

Leave a comment:

• Risk Mgmt
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    KG as a backup C maybe?
    Yes, yes, yes

Leave a comment:

• jpaps
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I hate KG so much, and would love him so much on this team! I actually do think he'd come to Toronto, he was in awe of the fans during the playoffs. Fans play a big role in attracting players, besides he also has some ties to Casey from their time in Minnesota...I think it was Minnesota?
    Yea I'm pretty sure the season and a half that DC coached the Wolves were the last 2 seasons KG played there

Leave a comment:

• Risk Mgmt
    replied
    Garnett AND GM Ujiri

Dear Super GM - Sir Masai Ujiri,

Is there any way you and your super Exec team can explore a temp hiring of SUPER EGO Trash Taalker Mr. Kevin Garnett. I believe she ( I mean he) can take Ross and JV to another level just by sitting on the bench with them and making them cry and speaking straight up.

He can also offer light minutes to the court and add veteran leadership the likes we never had since Sir Charles. Mind you I also wish to keep Chucky.

As to what to give-up .... That's your concern and yes, I do see the $10m/yr Challenge. But we also pay crazy load to Mr. Landry Fields.

In addition. I believe Mr. Garnett's
    Strong personality is unmatched by any other in the league. He commands respect and has ability to get into the head of his opponent.

He may not be his younger self and now with less skillet but his monster personality would be a massive boost to the young Raptor squad.

In addition I feel he will attract positive synergies for the City when it hosts the NBA Allstar game. Can you envision this Raptor team today with Garnett?

Thank you Sir Ujiri and Team

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I hate KG so much, and would love him so much on this team! I actually do think he'd come to Toronto, he was in awe of the fans during the playoffs. Fans play a big role in attracting players, besides he also has some ties to Casey from their time in Minnesota...I think it was Minnesota?
    Toronto Media would kiss his ass so much after games for sound bites. He doesn't need to play one minute really

Leave a comment:

Working...
X