Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    jpaps wrote: View Post
    KG for Fields and Hansbrough works in the trade machine…throw in a 2nd round pick and the nets would definitely think about it. They save about 2.5 M for the rest of the season, which is actually more for them cuz they pay the tax so they save something like 5M (not entirely sure) and get a pick out of it.
    I hate KG so much, and would love him so much on this team! I actually do think he'd come to Toronto, he was in awe of the fans during the playoffs. Fans play a big role in attracting players, besides he also has some ties to Casey from their time in Minnesota...I think it was Minnesota?

Leave a comment:

• jpaps
    replied
    KG for Fields and Hansbrough works in the trade machine…throw in a 2nd round pick and the nets would definitely think about it. They save about 2.5 M for the rest of the season, which is actually more for them cuz they pay the tax so they save something like 5M (not entirely sure) and get a pick out of it.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    You can never have too many Johnson's.

Leave a comment:

• chch166
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    we have too many Johnson's as is.
    We have 2 JJS then.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Even though this isn't the Nets, the Wolves are another team shopping vets, and it's kind of surprising they even pretended they were trying to be competitive this year for as long as they have.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tead-Of-Retool

Not sure I really want any of those guys though. Frankly the only guy between both teams that seems to make any sense is KG, and he'd have to want a trade.
    I wouldn't mind Brewer if Feilds could be sent out. Only problem is he would need minutes and that would mean Ross takes a cut. On the flip side, Brewer isn't old by any means, and is a better player than Ross is, at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• 2KJ
    replied
    Remember these???

I can't find the one with Bargs. Yeah, we all hated this guy when he came to our division. But I have nothing but respect for him, cuz this guy carried the Minnesota Timberwolves for a decade and only once did they ever get a chance to advance past the first round (2004 - WCF vs. Lakers), yet we never heard of him wanting out or quitting on the team. He'll truly be the next Charles Oakley for the Raptors.
    Last edited by 2KJ; Thu Dec 11, 2014, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    kg is shot

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Morally, it doesn't seem right to send any player to Brooklyn.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If Brooklyn would take a package of Hayes & Hansbrough & Stiemsma & 2nd round pick, I'd be all over KG. I wouldn't give up anything of value to get him.
    Which could probably only happen later in the season...

BKL is hoping they can turn their big contracts into cheaper useful pieces that will see them stay in the playoff picture. I don't know how likely that is, but they're not going to give up on that idea unless we get later into the season and losses have piled up.

That's also probably the only way KG will demand a trade, if he knows he'll be wasting what could be his last year with a non-playoff team, or a team full of less proven guys trying to scrape it out as the 8th seed. KG does have to want to be traded since he still has a no-trade clause. And I know BKL can still shop him and ask for his approval, but why would they if they still have their eyes on the playoffs? He's a HOFer on an expiring contract, and the only guy from the big contracts that actual has any leadership ability.

I think if he wants out near the deadline, BKL may give him up for the kind of deal brought up here. I don't know if any team is willing to give up anything that good for KG at this point. Maybe some playoff team is willing to throw a 1st rounder out there...maybe. Otherwise, matching his expiring deal and throwing in a 2nd round pick or picks could be the best offer.

*I'm trying to think of playoff teams with non-draft assets they'd be willing to part with, in terms of young, useful pieces, and that would have legit interest in KG. Tough call...And money will be a big problem for lots of playoff teams. Even if, say, the Cavs were willing to trade Waiters and BKL has interest, they pretty much have no way of actually making money work in a deal. Most playoff teams don't have "useless" pieces with big enough contracts to make a sensible deal....The Raps actually do though.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Dec 10, 2014, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    If Brooklyn would take a package of Hayes & Hansbrough & Stiemsma & 2nd round pick, I'd be all over KG. I wouldn't give up anything of value to get him.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Even though this isn't the Nets, the Wolves are another team shopping vets, and it's kind of surprising they even pretended they were trying to be competitive this year for as long as they have.

Not sure I really want any of those guys though. Frankly the only guy between both teams that seems to make any sense is KG, and he'd have to want a trade.
    Thad Young could be good.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied

The Wolves could look to trade veterans such as Martin, Corey Brewer, Thaddeus Young and Mo Williams, while opening up more playing time for Andrew Wiggins, Zach LaVine, Anthony Bennett, Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

damn if we get KG Masai is god

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Oh my god, nothing would make me happier than having a KG Raptors jersey!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X