Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if KG doesn't play a single minute, his veteran presence would be still a god send in the locker room. Jonas will finally have a mentor worthy of the role.

Don't worry about his declining skills. He's still night-and-day better than Hayes, Bebe and Steamer combined.

As long as we don't give up anything substantial, he's worth it. Especially when you factor in the Casey connection.

Comment

These comments about not getting calls? The Raps are 2nd in the league at getting to the line.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        These comments about not getting calls? The Raps are 2nd in the league at getting to the line.
        It's about the timing of the calls which destroys the Raptors momentum on both ends.

Comment

It's been pretty obvious since demar went down that the refs no longer treat us as the best team in the east, there has been a huge difference from the beginning of the year

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
            It's about the timing of the calls which destroys the Raptors momentum on both ends.
            That's the NBA. Plenty of games where refs swallow the whistle in the final minutes and let them play. Every fan of every team ever believes the refs are out to get them. I don't buy it.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

raptorredy wrote: View Post
              The KG idea sounds good but we don't know how our core would react to someone new setting the tone for them. It could backfire. JV might benefit the most if it works out. At this stage the raps don't need to be playing poker trades. Is it just me or does Kevin Love seem lost, not interested and probably hates playing 3rd fiddle. Leave the team as it is now and go Hard at Kevin Love his body language says he hasn't bought into the Cavs.
              Kevin love would be perfect here next year. He'd be our best rebounder and stretches the floor like nobody's business. Hopefully resign amir cause hes the ideal first big off the bench for a contender. 2pat could be fourth big or package him out of town with our 2016 first for a solid return. I think it would make us a contender. Of course to make that happen we'd need cleveland to have something bad happen this year. Theyre rolling right now but I have a feeling more toxic times are on the way with Irving and waiters on that team.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

if you could get him for cheap, absolutely

he hasn't been playing well this season but no one on that team has and i have a feeling if he went to a playoff team like ours he'd turn it right around.

add in the fact he wouldn't have to play more than 25 mins a game or so because of amir and PP and he'd be in a great position heading into the playoffs

having a grizzled vet who knows what it takes to win would help immensely. sign me up.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  How's Lopez doing this year? Can he help a team?
                  Not well. He's probably the principal reason Brooklyn is in as much of a hole as they are. He's not doing a very good job protecting the rim, and his offensive game is very inconsistent.

As for KG, because he's an expiring I struggle to think of a trade that is mutually beneficial to both the Nets and the Raptors. He'd be good to have for certain, though.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

KG and Lowry on one team...that we be some crazy, good leadership, toughness, and drive to win. JV would benefit a lot because if anything KG, has a way of inspiring and instilling confidence in the players around him.

Not to mention if it ever came down to it and Raptors faced of against Cav's in the playoffs, KG is one of the few players in the East that holds playoff seires wins against LBJ.

Comment

Oh my god, nothing would make me happier than having a KG Raptors jersey!!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

damn if we get KG Masai is god
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Even though this isn't the Nets, the Wolves are another team shopping vets, and it's kind of surprising they even pretended they were trying to be competitive this year for as long as they have.

The Wolves could look to trade veterans such as Martin, Corey Brewer, Thaddeus Young and Mo Williams, while opening up more playing time for Andrew Wiggins, Zach LaVine, Anthony Bennett, Shabazz Muhammad and Gorgui Dieng.
                            http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tead-Of-Retool

Not sure I really want any of those guys though. Frankly the only guy between both teams that seems to make any sense is KG, and he'd have to want a trade.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Even though this isn't the Nets, the Wolves are another team shopping vets, and it's kind of surprising they even pretended they were trying to be competitive this year for as long as they have.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tead-Of-Retool

Not sure I really want any of those guys though. Frankly the only guy between both teams that seems to make any sense is KG, and he'd have to want a trade.
                              Thad Young could be good.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If Brooklyn would take a package of Hayes & Hansbrough & Stiemsma & 2nd round pick, I'd be all over KG. I wouldn't give up anything of value to get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X