Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

"The Brooklyn Nets have begun reaching out to teams to let them know that former All-Stars Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson are all available via trade" (Stein, 2014, Para. 1)

Do you think one of those players can help the raptors
    I think its HIGHLY UNLIKELY we get them, but if the right trade comes by that benefits us, why not?
    Yes
    35.71%
    No
    64.29%

The poll is expired.

Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Joe Johnson.....but where would he fit in the starting lineup is my only concern mainly cuz we have defined roles and it may alter team chemistry....

Comment

You really think they'd trade them to the "fuck Brooklyn" team that's first place in their division?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Get KG to mentor JV
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Joe Johnson could if he'd agree to be a role player.

I don't think Deron Williams is a winner based on his body of work and how he managed his career to date. I hope he proves me wrong, he has the talent to, but all that said he's not a step in the direction this team is heading. Not to mention he gave up a sweet gig in Utah for the "big market". If he's still stuck in that mindset then he's not going to appreciate Toronto for all its greatness; seems like Americans consider this place a small market and disregard the population and the fan base.

Lopez? Not really interested either.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

KG as a backup C maybe?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Get KG for veteran experience and he can play some minutes at back up C
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No Thanks....and JJ costs a fortune...23 this yr and nearly 25 next....pfffftttt

Comment

My options are KG as a mentor for JV (THIS WILL HELP JV A LOT) but he has a trade clause and probably wont come here

And second option is Joe Johnson but i'll rather save nearly 25MIL and sign another player
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

What happened...the Russian owner losing money on the oil market?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Joe Johnson could if he'd agree to be a role player.

I don't think Deron Williams is a winner based on his body of work and how he managed his career to date. I hope he proves me wrong, he has the talent to, but all that said he's not a step in the direction this team is heading. Not to mention he gave up a sweet gig in Utah for the "big market". If he's still stuck in that mindset then he's not going to appreciate Toronto for all its greatness; seems like Americans consider this place a small market and disregard the population and the fan base.

Lopez? Not really interested either.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                      DWill is absolutely a winner, and if not for injuries would still be considered a top PG. That said, he's totally redundant here (obviously).

No interest in Johnson or Lopez. I think whoever takes any of those three contracts is probably desperate.

The one guy I'd like as a mentor is KG. The guy is the definition of a winner. But I think we can actually do better than trading for his $12mm expiring.

AK47 is intriguing but I'd rather roll with JJ and keep our powder dry.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        KG as a backup C maybe?
                        I hate KG so much but even I have to acknowledge this might be a good idea.

His illegal screens would create so many looks for Ross, DeRozan, Lowry ... probably even Jonas LOL.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          What happened...the Russian owner losing money on the oil market?
                          More like they suck and all that overpaid over the hill crap they threw at the wall hoping it would stick clearly didnt. Time for a reset.

The Russian kajillionaire took a huge hit recently. $111 million in losses. Fortunately for him that's 1% of his net worth.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I would love to have KG as our starting PF, if he could manage the minutes but off the bench would be great as well. Just can't see him playing for us though. He would get on players if they didn't play hard on defense.

I'd be interested in a 3 way trade if it could get us a young player or picks maybe. Clippers must still want KG.....can we help facilitate a trade?

Comment

KG isn't listed there though ... pretty sure he still has a No Trade clause doesn't he?

Comment

Working...
                              X