Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Just can't see him playing for us though. He would get on players if they didn't play hard on defense.

I
    How is that a bad thing???
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Isn't this KG's last season? Is he retiring?

Comment

Charlotte should grab Joe Johnson in a swap for Stephenson and Gilchrist/picks

Lakers should grab DeRon Williams for Nash/Lin/Picks if they get them Jordan Hill if they don't

Washington should grab Garnett for Porter/Webster

Toronto should pick up Kirilenko and Teletovic for Hayes/pick
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          Charlotte should grab Joe Johnson in a swap for Stephenson and Gilchrist/picks

Lakers should grab DeRon Williams for Nash/Lin/Picks if they get them Jordan Hill if they don't

Washington should grab Garnett for Porter/Webster

Toronto should pick up Kirilenko and Teletovic for Hayes/pick
          No offend but all those ideas are terrible andmake little sense for any of the teams

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            No offend but all those ideas are terrible andmake little sense for any of the teams
            no offend taken
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              no offend taken
              oh he offend

he offend my friend

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                oh he offend

he offend my friend
                I offend your friend? Well i hope he's on the mend. I did not intend, to break him but only bend, for my opinion is all I lend.

Comment

all the trades I listed make sense for the receiving team just not Brooklyn. They gotta find a way to pull of some Gay like trades and get two or three exceptional people for each bloated deal going out.

the ideal trade for Brooklyn for Joe Johnson would be for a package of

1st round pick/2nd round pick/1 exiring contract/1 good role player

Same for Deron Williams.

For KG you need to look for a young playoff team that needs some veteran expiernce. You give up an expiring and a prospect for that.

Lopez I'm not sure what he is worth...injuries have kicked his ass...but healthy he can get you 20/8 and almost passable defense.

Kirilenko is gone

I would keep Jack and Teletovic

Comment

KG has a no trade clause as well

Comment

I offend your friend? Well i hope he's on the mend. I did not intend, to break him but only bend, for my opinion is all I lend.
                      Barrrzzzz!
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Shoulda saved that for four bar Fridays.

Comment

Bebe (or protected 2015 first), Psycho-T and Fields for KG (if he gives up his no trade clause). I'm sure the Nets would want more, and I'm sure KG would rather play elsewhere (although Casey did coach him in Minny so that connection does exist).

Lopez is good but always injured. Deron and JJ are redundant.

Comment

Trade JV for Plumlee, a big with mobility.

Comment

Nets reportedly plan to dismantle: Should Raps try and snag KG?

Via ESPN…

NEW YORK -- The Brooklyn Nets have begun reaching out to teams to let them know that former All-Stars Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson are available via trade, ESPN.com has learned.

League sources told ESPN.com that the Nets, off to a disappointing 8-11 start and looking to retool after last season's $190 million roster filled with veterans couldn't advance beyond the second round of the playoffs, have let it be known that they are prepared to move any of those franchise cornerstones in what would likely be separate deals if they came to fruition because of the high salaries each possess.

Sources say no trade is imminent involving any of the three players.

Veteran forward Andrei Kirilenko, who has been out of the rotation and mostly away from the team recently due to a personal matter, also could be traded. The 76ers and Nets had preliminary talks about a Kirilenko deal in late November, and those talks have since restarted, sources told ESPNNewYork.com.
                              The Nets are reportedly pushing the reset button and their entire roster is on the market.

I personally would have 0 interest in any of the big expensive pieces they are currently shopping - although some on here may disagree - but the piece on the Nets roster that I find the most intriguing is Garnett. I've always been a big fan of the guy, and I think he'd be a welcome addition to the bench lineup. Plus I really like the idea of him acting as a defensive mentor for JV, and the entire team really, even if it's only for a couple of months to end the season. I think he could add a lot of experience and moxie to a Raptors 2015 playoff run.

KG is on a $12 million dollar contract in it's final season - one of very few expiring pieces on the current Brooklyn roster - so the Nets shouldn't be motivated to move him just for the sake of doing so. Letting him simply expire on their roster at the end of the season saves them a bunch of luxury tax money. They will be looking for some type of asset in return, and not just a swap of other expiring money. Basically, swapping them some combination of our own expiring junk (Fields/Hans/Hayes/Stiemsma) won't get it done by itself.

What are everyone else's thoughts on KG, any of the other Nets players, possible deals, etc.
                              Last edited by Fully; Tue Dec 9, 2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Yes! Hell yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X