No announcement yet.

Fan Opinion: Just trade Jonas already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JV is probably the only untouchable on the roster. I've heard it reported that teams are constantly inquiring about him and Masai will not hear of it...I honestly can't think of a centre in the league I would trade JV straight-up for. A. Davis is great but he will never be as strong as Jonas...M. Gasol has become a real force but people seem to forget how slow and awkward he was when he came into the league...Dwight is all athleticism and no skill...Have the raptors ever had a true C like JV? The time to trade Jonas is in the last year of his current extension, if he starts playing the game of wanting to explore free agency. T-Mac and Bosh should have taught the organization a few lessons about running guys out that don't express an interest in returning...
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
      JV is probably the only untouchable on the roster. I've heard it reported that teams are constantly inquiring about him and Masai will not hear of it...I honestly can't think of a centre in the league I would trade JV straight-up for. A. Davis is great but he will never be as strong as Jonas...M. Gasol has become a real force but people seem to forget how slow and awkward he was when he came into the league...Dwight is all athleticism and no skill...Have the raptors ever had a true C like JV? The time to trade Jonas is in the last year of his current extension, if he starts playing the game of wanting to explore free agency. T-Mac and Bosh should have taught the organization a few lessons about running guys out that don't express an interest in returning...
      You must be joking right? I'm one of he biggest JV fans and I will swap JV for AD in a heartbeat!!!!
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        You must be joking right? I'm one of he biggest JV fans and I will swap JV for AD in a heartbeat!!!!
        Anybody else worried that AD is always injured. Asik was supposed to keep him healthy but he gets banged up a lot.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Anybody else worried that AD is always injured. Asik was supposed to keep him healthy but he gets banged up a lot.
          He's still looking unstoppable though.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Val has no history of injury; showing signs of an elite rebounder; showing signs of a great interior defender (minus immature mistakes that should be refined as he grows); proven post scorer; elite freethrow getter and maker.

Val is the perfect centre to develop. Wait for him to figure out the inside-out game, and Marc Gasol type player becomes the expected endpoint
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Dont get me wrong...in a vacuum Davis is the more valuable guy...I just don't think the Raptors need another slim big...We have had enough KG clones over the years(I see Davis as a young Garnett minus the attitude)...I would rather just wait on JV to develop, look at the JV in Euroleague and FIBA to now and you can see that he has developed his game...I just feel that it will be Jonas wanting to leave rather than the organization wanting him gone...hopefully the Raptors will be doing a whole lot of winning in the next few seasons to keep him interested...

Comment

The only reason I believe the thought of trading JV came up was because Casey doesn't trust him.. at least not so much in the 4th quarter, and he doesn't really fit the style that Casey likes.. athletic/defensive/mobile.

JV is only in his 3rd year and is only 22. Masai is not trading him. But he needs to improve a lot to be considered one of the best center in the league. He's fairly one dimensional on offense, and he can have a hard time defending in the post, especially against smaller/leaner front courts.

I'd like to see him develop his passing game as well but that requires intelligence and a really good teacher. I would love if Sabonis was on the coaching staff because he was one of the best at it.

Comment

JV for sure has some improvement to make in his game, on offense he needs a shot to go with all those pump-fakes, he has to ease up on the dribbling and be quicker to set up his post moves. On Defense he needs to close-out on shooters better, and get better at avoiding fouls...Those last two are the reasons why Casey goes away from him in the fourth...Patterson and James Johnson are the better option in crunch time right now because of their various strengths. Sadly, Amir and Jonas are both riding a lot of pine down the stretch but really screw the ego's winning is more important.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I feel your pain.

But keep JV.

He is going to be here longer than Casey.

Casey is a stepping stone.
                    JV is our centre long term for better or for worse period . DC can undermine his confidence at times. Last night KL gave him an earful for not driving to bucket...hopefully he will learn.

Comment

The one thing id like to see him do is set others up. If he could incorporate that into his game, he will be really dangerous. I really like seeing him face up in the rid-range, and if he could find cutters from there it would complement everything else he can do from that range. People are too eager to give him up, especially since in the summer everyone was going crazy about the leap he was going to make after playing very well in FIBA...

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        The one thing id like to see him do is set others up. If he could incorporate that into his game, he will be really dangerous. I really like seeing him face up in the rid-range, and if he could find cutters from there it would complement everything else he can do from that range. People are too eager to give him up, especially since in the summer everyone was going crazy about the leap he was going to make after playing very well in FIBA...
                        Jonas seems to be passing more. Nothing special but its something. He doesn't just attack after a 15 sec delay like he used to.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Bigs take longer. He has improved. He can shoot FTs and has been pretty healthy. He is our franchise centre period.

Comment

Put Jonas on a shitty team like the Magic and he'll put up Vucevic-like numbers, maybe even better.

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
                              Ok so I am keeping this is perspective.....

You're saying, you wouldn't care to trade JV, for Anthony Davis?

Thinking outside the box on that one I guess.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                I offer JV, Demar AND Ross for AD in a heartbeat and the Pelicans still wouldn't take that trade. He's going to to be the most dominant player in the league for the next eight years.

Comment

Working...
                                X