Fan Opinion: Just trade Jonas already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    What are you guys talking about? The Grizzlies only made the playoffs 3 times with Pau and they got SWEPT in the first round every time (3 straight years)......far from a good playoff team or perennial contender i'd say.
    We're obviously squibbling over semantics here, but the Grizzlies won 50 games with Pau. That's a pretty good team.

And had they chosen to hold onto Pau, they could've been patient and tried to build around him.

The point is, they didn't.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Houston essentially gave up Martin, Lamb, and 2 2013 picks.

The Rockets sent Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources told Y! Sports. Along with Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldrich, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook to the Rockets.

Houston also sent two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma City, sources told Y! Sports, as well as a 2013 second-round pick (via Charlotte). The Thunder will receive the Toronto pick this year if it's slotted Nos. 4-14. That pick also is top-three protected in 2014, top-two protected in 2015 and top-one protected in 2016.

Don't think Housron have up much depth. Harden replaced Martin and 3 players replaced a rookie Lamb.
      Don't really want to go off on a tangent about Houston that was just a random example i threw in at the end of my argument. My point was if you can get gasol in free agency do it. Because guys above this post were worried about losing bench guys and making cap room.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Don't really want to go off on a tangent about Houston that was just a random example i threw in at the end of my argument. My point was if you can get gasol in free agency do it. Because guys above this post were worried about losing bench guys and making cap room.
        Cap room is great if you're willing to spend it. But if you're holding out hope for Durant, it likely won't end well.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Cap room is great if you're willing to spend it. But if you're holding out hope for Durant, it likely won't end well.
          Agreed. Thats why im in full support of names like marc gasol or demarcus cousins, guys that would become the new best player on the team. Move kyle and demar down a peg because in this league you need a big 3. Both our guys have evolved to the point i believe where on a title team kyle could be an ideal second banana, demar a third fiddle. It wouldn't be quite the heat or cavs big 3, but it would have a ton more depth. Think san antonio. (Yeah, i said it!)

Comment

Should read "Cap room is great if you're ABLE to spend it ON THE PLAYER YOU WANT. " Look what happened to the Bulls clearing cap room a few years back. They were willing to spend to get Lebron but ended up with Boozer. That is pretty well worst case scenario.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Should read "Cap room is great if you're ABLE to spend it ON THE PLAYER YOU WANT. " Look what happened to the Bulls clearing cap room a few years back. They were willing to spend to get Lebron but ended up with Boozer. That is pretty well worst case scenario.
              Totally. That's exactly what I meant to say.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                worst case is Amare Stoudemire
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Agreed. Thats why im in full support of names like marc gasol or demarcus cousins, guys that would become the new best player on the team. Move kyle and demar down a peg because in this league you need a big 3. Both our guys have evolved to the point i believe where on a title team kyle could be an ideal second banana, demar a third fiddle. It wouldn't be quite the heat or cavs big 3, but it would have a ton more depth. Think san antonio. (Yeah, i said it!)
                  Yet it would cost us depth to get Gasol, which is what you've been shitting on as a stupid argument...but you basically outline why that becomes so important.

Do we form a big 3? If it's a subpar big 3, and we lose depth, we pretty much have no fucking chance of being Cavs/Heat big 3 good, or Spurs 15-deep good. We will have just made a big move for the sake of it...We are arguably no closer to even being the top of the East...Our flexibility doesn't get any better....We lose depth.....We become older and thus have a shorter window to contend...

It's not such an obvious home run move I think. Especially when you consider how different a style Memphis plays on both ends, so that even just the fit can thus be way more difficult to predict than many would like to think...

Now, I'm not saying there's no merit to the idea of putting Gasol on this team, but that the whole scenario is quite a bit more complicated than it's being made out to be...

Comment

Lots of good free agents in 2016....some that will actually fit with what we have without having to shuffle pieces around.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Lots of good free agents in 2016....some that will actually fit with what we have without having to shuffle pieces around.
                      Notable names in 2016 include:

- Horford (U)
                      - Sullinger (R)
                      - Noah (U)
                      - Drummond (R)
                      - Howard (ETO)
                      - Durant (U)
                      - Beal (R)
                      - Batum (U)
                      - Parsons (U)
                      - Anthony Davis (R) - Can't fathom a scenario where Pelicans don't match any offer.

Comment

- Horford (U)
                        - Sullinger (R)
                        - Noah (U)
                        - Drummond (R)
                        - Howard (ETO)
                        - Durant (U)
                        - Beal (R)
                        - Batum (U)
                        - Parsons (U)
                        - Anthony Davis (R) - Can't fathom a scenario where Pelicans don't match any offer.
                        Durant is honestly the only name on that list i see putting us over the hump

Comment

Durant is honestly the only name on that list i see putting us over the hump
                          Aside from Davis, you mean

It'll be interesting to see just how much Drummond develops by then. He could be a franchise player.

Noah anchoring our defense could pay HUGE dividends too.

Comment

- Horford (U)
                            - Sullinger (R)
                            - Noah (U)
                            - Drummond (R)
                            - Howard (ETO)
                            - Durant (U)
                            - Beal (R)
                            - Batum (U)
                            - Parsons (U)
                            Throw max at Beal to block any chance of Wiz getting Durant. Then Durant spurns us to stay close to his family and we end up with Beal. Not bad right?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              Throw max at Beal to block any chance of Wiz getting Durant. Then Durant spurns us to stay close to his family and we end up with Beal. Not bad right?
                              WE don't need Beal..... we need a true SF over a SG anyday atm.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                It's so crazy, it might just work.

Comment

Working...
                                X