Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Way too early to consider trading JV.. but essentially MU has to determine what's better for the team. Casey or JV. Really it does come down to that. I don't buy into the idea that Casey will have no choice but to play JV.. because we've seen JV play like a machine yet still not get crunch time minutes.

Players seem to love playing for Casey. He's done quite a bit for this team (remember the Triano era - ugh??). But JV can be a top 5 center in the league. I personally would rather have JV then Casey, but MU might not believe in that. MU likes to build his teams around the strength of the coach. But JV was not his, that was Colangelo's pick. So I could see him considering trading JV for the right offer.

If a trade like this happened, I'd consider it (with Milwaukee):

JV+Ross+Fields/Hayes for Sanders+Po.

Gives you a bigger SF that is still young and a shot blocking/defensive minded center, who's also athletic and would fit Casey's style.

Would Milwaukee give up Po though? Don't typically see young players with potential get moved like this.. especially from a team that's still developing like Milwaukee is. But that's the kind of player I'd want in return for a JV trade.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    But he gets fouled.... and make them!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post

I dunno why they would even bother mentioning derozan injury like hes some saviour, hes not exactly a hitman in crunch time. Having him just worsens the problem, too many perimeter jump shots.

This whole generation of guards grew up watching michael jordan. Its a different game now..

Leave a comment:

• bryan colangelo
    replied

*vomit*

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied

2 of those 4 shots by PP/JV/Amir are the game tying 3 by Patterson against the Nuggets and the PP shot last night that made it 99-97.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think many of us who have been pounding the table for more involvement for Jonas are about to get our wish.

His minutes were up yesterday and it did seem the guys were looking for him early on. That just needs to become a constant message from the coaches.

And while I think Casey is terribly inflexible, I don't think he's an idiot. Anyone watching the game last night could see how Amir was hurting us (it saddens me to say). The dude is nearly rebounding at the rate Andrea Bargnani did last year, and was completely lost on D several times. We're going to be relying more on Val, I think, sooner than the coaching staff expected because of that.

That said, we have six easy games coming up. If Val is again an afterthought, I don't care whether we win all six, Masai needs to have a talk with Casey about our priorities, especially given that Masai just said this year is about letting our players grow.
    Yeah, watching Amir is pretty hard this season. Some nights it's like we're watching him break down right before our eyes. I can't stress enough how much I wish he'd just had the surgery in the offseason. Can't pretend to know that it would've been better for him, but can't imagine it would've made anything worse (obviously unless they completely botched the procedure), and at least it would've been an attempt to correct a chronic issue.

And I know Amir still has nights where he's Amir...but it's very obviously affecting his rebounding just about every night, and it has affected his D some nights. Rebounding per36 and TRB% both down to career lows (not counting rookie season where he only played 3 games).
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Dec 10, 2014, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    All I know is that, in my opinion, Jonas on the Raptors is like Pau Gasol on the Lakers. Jonas would, I feel, thrive in another environment that takes advantage of his abilities.
    that's why you don't trade him. Whether he fails or has success it has to happen with Raptors. No more McGrady shit. Raptors' success should be above all else. You don't make other teams better for the sake of some player.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Yo, Raptors Republic, up in this bitch
    DeRozan broke his dick now it's turning to shit
    But we're still number one, so what do we care?
    Cause Casey's fuckin garbage, not the coach of the year
    We honestly just need a trade
    Everybody knows one has to be made
    Then we won't that bad eh
    Remember were still number 1 baby!

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I knew people would be sick of it sooner or later. Its all gravy when hes nailing every shot. Law of averages comes into play eventually.
    It's the Rudy Gay situation again, he comes in and nails the shots and people ignore the fact that it's a tough shot that he's making and that sooner or later he'll start missing those.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    But casey doesnt show signs of stopping,
    Benching jv when crunch times a-popping,
    And since there's no faith in Jo,
    He develops slow, dont ya know, what a joke
    Yo, Raptors Republic, up in this bitch
    DeRozan broke his dick now it's turning to shit
    But we're still number one, so what do we care?
    Cause Casey's fuckin garbage, not the coach of the year

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    On another issue, can we seriously stop with these Lou Williams Iso's at the end of every single fucking quarter?????

Run a play goddammit!
    I knew people would be sick of it sooner or later. Its all gravy when hes nailing every shot. Law of averages comes into play eventually.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    On another issue, can we seriously stop with these Lou Williams Iso's at the end of every single fucking quarter?????

Run a play goddammit!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    ♫ Oh our work on the glass is frightful,
    But JV is so delightful,
    And since we need size down low,
    Let him grow, let him grow, let him grow ♫
    But casey doesnt show signs of stopping,
    Benching jv when crunch times a-popping,
    And since there's no faith in Jo,
    He develops slow, dont ya know, what a joke

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    shouldnt the mantra of "as long as we play defense, these guys can run whatever offense they want" be silenced by now? clearly the defense hasn't been there. time to adjust the offense too.
    All that shit is irrelevant, just show me ONE inbounds play under 2 minutes left that isn't just an ISO.

Last night when we wasted our last timeout to move the ball over 8 feet and set up an ISO play I almost lost my mind. If a player had so many mental breakdowns we'd be asking for their heads.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X