Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Z
    replied
    Jonas is still just 22 years old. Like mcHAPPY said, he will be here longer than Casey (A.K.A a better tomorrow) He is going to be a beast one day and I don't know if I could go on with life seeing him become an all star on another team lol

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    ♫ Oh our work on the glass is frightful,
    But JV is so delightful,
    And since we need size down low,
    Let him grow, let him grow, let him grow ♫

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    I think many of us who have been pounding the table for more involvement for Jonas are about to get our wish.

His minutes were up yesterday and it did seem the guys were looking for him early on. That just needs to become a constant message from the coaches.

And while I think Casey is terribly inflexible, I don't think he's an idiot. Anyone watching the game last night could see how Amir was hurting us (it saddens me to say). The dude is nearly rebounding at the rate Andrea Bargnani did last year, and was completely lost on D several times. We're going to be relying more on Val, I think, sooner than the coaching staff expected because of that.

That said, we have six easy games coming up. If Val is again an afterthought, I don't care whether we win all six, Masai needs to have a talk with Casey about our priorities, especially given that Masai just said this year is about letting our players grow.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    He's virtually the only exception and that's because people just expect it from him now.
    David Blatt, Michael Malone, Thibadeu, SVG, Steve Kerr, Mchale these people are personalities and they express it during their interviews.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    That's showing your personality

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    No it isn't good enough.

Just last week that response was "13-2 isn't good enough?"

The defense has been awful.
    The offense is easily stopped.
    The rigidity in strategy is easily scouted.
    The lack of adaptation is startling.
    shouldnt the mantra of "as long as we play defense, these guys can run whatever offense they want" be silenced by now? clearly the defense hasn't been there. time to adjust the offense too.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    I think Pop could answer this question
    He's virtually the only exception and that's because people just expect it from him now.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Reboc wrote: View Post
    All this hate on Casey. 16-6 isnt good enough? Lots goes on behind closed doors... Tune in to Open Gym to find out!
    No it isn't good enough.

Just last week that response was "13-2 isn't good enough?"

The defense has been awful.
    The offense is easily stopped.
    The rigidity in strategy is easily scouted.
    The lack of adaptation is startling.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Casey really is the worst

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Reboc
    replied
    All this hate on Casey. 16-6 isnt good enough? Lots goes on behind closed doors... Tune in to Open Gym to find out!

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    If we trade anyone, it has to be Ross.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    That's why they don't speak their minds or show personality, any little quote that can be taken out of context will by fans and the media (they got 12 24-hour sport channels, they gotta fill the time somehow) so what's the point of speaking your mind.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Of course, it doesn't help that us uber fans analyze everything about the Raptors on a minute by minute basis
    That's why they don't speak their minds or show personality, any little quote that can be taken out of context will by fans and the media (they got 12 24-hour sport channels, they gotta fill the time somehow) so what's the point of speaking your mind.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Well when it comes to basketball, I'm not used to coaches, who lack charisma as much as he does.
    I remember Smitch and Triano spouting the same canned drivel night after night as well.

Of course, it doesn't help that us uber fans analyze everything about the Raptors on a minute by minute basis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X