Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This discussion is just sad...

Comment

Malone was a good coach. His problem was that he butted heads with Isaiah Thomas.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Kevin O'Neil. No way you can give it to anyone else in my opinion. To watch his offense makes Casey look like a savant.

Not sure how out of all the options, OP chose Wilkens. Was it not Lenny that coached us into the Second Round? And before Mitchell, was our winningest coach? Lenny is the only Raptors Coach to have a playoff record that is anywhere close to respectable at 8-9.

Wikipedia has a nice breakdown:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_head_coaches

KO definitely takes it. Maybe Malone, but his team was horrible to look at on paper. Let alone the floor.
        Man i still remember the KO days like it was yesterday. Toronto was an ELITE defensive team under him. Offense was a huge issue though, every game literally was in the 70's. Very rare to see the Raps score 80+ pts in a game that year lol.

KO's offensive philosophy? just give the ball to VC and get out of the way. That's exactly what he said during one of his press conference lol. And that's exactly how the Raps played offense under him lol.

Btw, my vote for the worst coach is Triano.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Man i still remember the KO days like it was yesterday. Toronto was an ELITE defensive team under him. Offense was a huge issue though, every game literally was in the 70's. Very rare to see the Raps score 80+ pts in a game that year lol.

KO's offensive philosophy? just give the ball to VC and get out of the way. That's exactly what he said during one of his press conference lol.

Btw, my vote for the worst coach is Triano.
          I remember Chris Childs (I think?) getting pissed having to look to KO every time down the floor to see what play to run. Was really funny to see. SOO slow. Epitome of Half-Court offense. I think KO hated any fast break.

Comment

I remember Chris Childs (I think?) getting pissed having to look to KO every time down the floor to see what play to run. Was really funny to see. SOO slow. Epitome of Half-Court offense. I think KO hated any fast break.
            I remember we had one crazy streak when we had Chris Childs.....can't remember when but it was like a very long streak lol

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
              I remember we had one crazy streak when we had Chris Childs.....can't remember when but it was like a very long streak lol
              Ah yes, Chuck used to go on and on about our Games-with-a-3-pointer streak. It got pretty crazy. But then Dallas passed us not long after we dropped the ball ... forgive the pun. Lol

Comment

When i think of Chris Childs i think of Game 5 vs the Pistons back in 2002 where he took a 3 near halfcourt with like 5+ whatever seconds to go in the game. And i think the Raps were only down 2 or maybe 3 can't remember. Shaqtin A Fool material.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ah yes, Chuck used to go on and on about our Games-with-a-3-pointer streak. It got pretty crazy. But then Dallas passed us not long after we dropped the ball ... forgive the pun. Lol
                  It was in 2002, we won 9 straight games WITHOUT Vince as he was injured and the last 12 of our 14 to make the playoffs!! Yup, that's what i remember :-) and we got in to the playoffs as the 8th seed!

Comment

When i think of Chris Childs i think of Game 5 vs the Pistons back in 2002 where he took a 3 near halfcourt with like 5+ whatever seconds to go in the game. And i think the Raps were only down 2 or maybe 3 can't remember. Shaqtin A Fool material.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTEGd9r1E6c

Comment

The whole gimmick behind his 'elite' defense was to slow the game down to a brutal crawl and limit the amount of possessions in a game.

So hard for me to remember that year. It was terrible to watch. We had just traded Antonio Davis and JYD for Jalen Rose. We had no rim protection at all. Our bigs were Donyell Marshall and a stickman-rookie Bosh, who got shafted by having to play center in a brutal, grind-it-out style.

God. NBA basketball overall is so much funner to watch now.

Edit: The more I reflect on how this team was coached and managed, I can't blame Vince for wanting out. At all.
                      Last edited by bryan colangelo; Thu Dec 11, 2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                        The whole gimmick behind his 'elite' defense was to slow the game down to a brutal crawl and limit the amount of possessions in a game.

So hard for me to remember that year. It was terrible to watch. We had just traded Antonio Davis and JYD for Jalen Rose. We had no rim protection at all. Our bigs were Donyell Marshall and a stickman-rookie Bosh, who got shafted by having to play center in a brutal, grind-it-out style.

God. NBA basketball overall is so much funner to watch now.

Edit: The more I reflect on how this team was coached and managed, I can't blame Vince for wanting out. At all.
                        I think that trade happened in 2003, after the KO era. Because Antonio Davis i remember was the best player for the Raps back in 2002. He literally carried the team to playoffs that year after VC went down w/ a season ending injury.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think that trade happened in 2003, after the KO era. Because Antonio Davis i remember was the best player for the Raps back in 2002. He literally carried the team to playoffs that year after VC went down w/ a season ending injury.
                          Nah, I double checked this one. Bosh playing in the Rookie game was the only silver lining that year, apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2...Raptors_season

Comment

If you could mind-meld Jay Triano and Dwane Casey into one person, you'd have the best coach in Raptors history by a wide margin.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                              Nah, I double checked this one. Bosh playing in the Rookie game was the only silver lining that year, apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003%E2...Raptors_season
                              The trade for Jalen Rose did happen in 2003 though ... November 2003 to be exact.

Comment

The trade for Jalen Rose did happen in 2003 though ... November 2003 to be exact.
                                All I remember was KO gushing about how Jalen could play point-forward — and he kind of could. But it wasn't enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X