Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry: All-Star Starter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • socks introduced

    Comment


    • Jclaw wrote: View Post
      I was just reading grantlands write up on Damian Lillard. It includes an interesting bit on creators of the more valuable three point shot. It talks about the "big three" of Lillard, harden and curry. Interesting to see who would have been included if they made it the "big 4" (maybe "big 5" but another way to look at it would be the "big 1" of the eastern conference)

      http://grantland.com/the-triangle/da...ourth-quarter/

      I like that last part in bold. Curry has his splash brother and green to pass to, Lillard has Matthews, Paul has Reddick etc. Kyle passes to..........?
      Hansbrough.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

      Comment


      • If Bieber wasn't dumb and Drake wasn't (allegedly) petty, Lowry would probably be a starter. Well... enjoy Dwyane Wade playing for like 10 minutes until he goes out to preserve himself. At least Lowry will be in the bench, I guess.

        Comment


        • Scraptor wrote: View Post
          This is why people were comparing TRoss to Ray Allen. It's a shame nobody seems to have seen his Sonics/Bucks days.

          The only similarities that Ray and Ross have is their both 6'6. Ross is more athletic but Allen in his prime was pretty athletic as well.

          And also, TRoss is nowhere near as good as shooter as Ray Allen. It's not even close really.
          Mamba Mentality

          Comment



          • Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • starters guy RT this:


              Comment





              • lol... Biebers fail actually made the news. hilarious. lol.

                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  The only similarities that Ray and Ross have is their both 6'6. Ross is more athletic but Allen in his prime was pretty athletic as well.

                  And also, TRoss is nowhere near as good as shooter as Ray Allen. It's not even close really.
                  So many different kinds of athleticism. Ross may have an inch or two more on his vertical (which he needs lots of space for and is only seen in-game on breakaway dunks), but otherwise I wouldn't put him ahead of Allen at all. Ray Allen was a very athletic SG.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • S.R. wrote: View Post
                    So many different kinds of athleticism. Ross may have an inch or two more on his vertical (which he needs lots of space for and is only seen in-game on breakaway dunks), but otherwise I wouldn't put him ahead of Allen at all. Ray Allen was a very athletic SG.
                    Ray could shoot off the dribble something Ross can't. Neither really picked up a ton of fouls. Also Ray was more aggressive with his shot.

                    Comment


                    • rocwell wrote: View Post
                      starters guy RT this:


                      Why isn't this blowing up this thread? Is it the natural toronto paranoia that makes us think they're probably talking about butler or Teague?

                      Comment


                      • Who tweeted that? And we dont know if they mean for the East or West.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

                        Comment


                        • Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          Who tweeted that? And we dont know if they mean for the East or West.
                          Who else other than Wade or Kobe could they be referring to? What first time all-stars may have surpassed them in the voting?

                          Lowry makes sense, but who else would be potential alternatives, based on the last public voting update?

                          UPDATE

                          2nd ballot results:

                          EC Frontcourt - LBJ, Gasol, Melo / within 250,000 votes - Bosh, Love

                          EC Guards - Wall, Wade / within 250,000 votes - Irving, Lowry

                          WC Frontcourt - Davis, Griffin, Gasol / within 200,000 votes - Duncan, Durant, Aldridge, Cousins, Howard

                          WC Guards - Curry, Bryant / within 500,000 votes - Harden, Paul


                          I can't see any players other than Wade or Kobe being the "many-time all-star".

                          Lowry would be the only player within striking distance (based on 2nd ballot results) to be a first-time all-star, I believe.

                          Could it be?!?!?!
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 21, 2015, 03:46 PM.

                          Comment


                          • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Who else other than Wade or Kobe could they be referring to? What first time all-stars may have surpassed them in the voting?

                            Lowry makes sense, but who else would be potential alternatives, based on the last public voting update?
                            Not sure. I wasn't checking the west votes. Could it be Millard instead of CP or something?
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

                            Comment


                            • Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              Not sure. I wasn't checking the west votes. Could it be Millard instead of CP or something?
                              Can't be since Lillard has barely any votes
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                              Comment


                              • Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                Not sure. I wasn't checking the west votes. Could it be Millard instead of CP or something?
                                Lillard was nearly 550,000 votes behind Kobe, plus he'd have to leap-frog Harden and Paul (Curry is #1).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X