Solving the rebounding problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solving the rebounding problem

Based on what I've seen, a main problem for the Raptors has been defensive rebounding. Never have I seen this team give up so many offensive boards in a season. This problem started in the playoffs vs. Brooklyn and has carried over this season, which is very alarming because the Raptors were among the top rebounding teams last season.

It seems that no one gives the effort of boxing out and hustling for rebounds on a consistent basis. And I think something is wrong with your bigs if your point guard who is shorter than 6 ft is one of the leaders in grabbing and fighting for rebounds (not picking up long rebounds that bounce off their way, ala prime Jason Kidd), and you just see Jonas and Amir just watching.

I know Amir's banged up and is not efficient as he normally is on a consistent basis, but he's still the best post defender and rim protector on this team. Patterson again, hustles on rebounds, but he just gets outmuscled by bigger power forwards. Jonas has been tearing it up on the glass the last 2 games, but he has no help. Hansbrough in his few appearances also seem to decline in his rebounding.

What should the Raptors do? This has been hurting them a whole lot this season. Esp the last Cavs game where they gave up 4-5 offensive boards that led to Lebron hitting that dagger 3.

we need more rebounding from SF position
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      Based on what I've seen, a main problem for the Raptors has been defensive rebounding. Never have I seen this team give up so many offensive boards in a season. This problem started in the playoffs vs. Brooklyn and has carried over this season, which is very alarming because the Raptors were among the top rebounding teams last season.

It seems that no one gives the effort of boxing out and hustling for rebounds on a consistent basis. And I think something is wrong with your bigs if your point guard who is shorter than 6 ft is one of the leaders in grabbing and fighting for rebounds (not picking up long rebounds that bounce off their way, ala prime Jason Kidd), and you just see Jonas and Amir just watching.

I know Amir's banged up and is not efficient as he normally is on a consistent basis, but he's still the best post defender and rim protector on this team. Patterson again, hustles on rebounds, but he just gets outmuscled by bigger power forwards. Jonas has been tearing it up on the glass the last 2 games, but he has no help. Hansbrough in his few appearances also seem to decline in his rebounding.

What should the Raptors do? This has been hurting them a whole lot this season. Esp the last Cavs game where they gave up 4-5 offensive boards that led to Lebron hitting that dagger 3.
      Stop the over helping and make teams make shots. The open threes and terrible rebounding is because the team is scrambling. Raptors D looks a lot like the garbage Knicks D last year with constant switches causing wide open looks and two guys guarding players without the ball. Outside of LBJ, what player deserved a double team so far this season.

Comment

Patterson is averaging more rebounds then Amir.. that's how terrible it's been. Ross doesn't grab boards either and he's a 3 in our system.

Best solution long term would be to upgrade the PF spot (Bruno will be our SF pf the future).. since that's too difficult would have to rely on JV as much as possible and hope Amir gets better some how.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Patterson is averaging more rebounds then Amir.. that's how terrible it's been. Ross doesn't grab boards either and he's a 3 in our system.

Best solution long term would be to upgrade the PF spot (Bruno will be our SF pf the future).. since that's too difficult would have to rely on JV as much as possible and hope Amir gets better some how.
          Amirs been bad but JV is also a better rebounder this year. If JV reb numbers go up its at the expense of Amirs. Really the rebounding issue has been Ross, GV, and Williams. Those three are terrible rebounders.

Comment

Or we could make a trade for a 3/4. Seesh guys, how many times do I have to spell it out for you: T-R-A-D-E -space- R-O-S-S.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Or we could make a trade for a 3/4. Seesh guys, how many times do I have to spell it out for you: T-R-A-D-E -space- R-O-S-S.
              Or use the 3/4 we have in James Johnson. He's actually better then most players we could get for Ross.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Or use the 3/4 we have in James Johnson. He's actually better then most players we could get for Ross.
                The issue with JJ is that Casey wants to use him as a bench piece, plus JJ isn't really starting material.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Minny might give up on Thad Young.. he's an okay rebounder (not so much this year but was a decent rebounder in Philly). Would have to give up a first rounder I'm sure to get him though.

Comment

Minny might give up on Thad Young.. he's an okay rebounder (not so much this year but was a decent rebounder in Philly). Would have to give up a first rounder I'm sure to get him though.
                    Eh.. there is one guy I truly want for us. I'm not saying his name again.. I've said once too many times.
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

cody73 wrote: View Post
                      eh.. There is one guy i truly want for us. I'm not saying his name again.. I've said once too many times.
                      beetlejuice
                      beetlejuice
                      beetlejuice!!!!!!

Comment

Need an upgrade at PF.

I live Amir but have never felt he was a starter.

He is fantastic off the bench. He'd be arguably the best big of bench in game.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          beetlejuice
                          beetlejuice
                          beetlejuice!!!!!!
                          You win a hint:
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Need an upgrade at PF.

I live Amir but have never felt he was a starter.

He is fantastic off the bench. He'd be arguably the best big of bench in game.
                            If we upgrading PF position I doubt it will happen this season.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              You win a hint:
                              Rick James is a terrible rebounder
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                              X