Game #24: Toronto Raptors 95 - New York Knicks 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I actually LOVED that Casey didn't adjust to the Knicks going small with Melo at the 4, and kept Pat on him with Amir on the floor at C.
    Yup Melo was bothered by Pat's size

Also Pat is mobile so Melo had no speed advantage either
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      well damn at least hold him to his average. Didn't we get JJ and played Fields to avoid this situation
      I was really looking forward to watching JJ on Melo. DISAPPOINTED!!! Anyway PP finally shut Melo down late which is why I put him ahead of Ross for 1st star.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• This is only the second game in the NBA this year in which both teams had 22 or more turnovers and 22 or more fouls. So, it's not our imagination that this was incredibly ugly. (The other was the opening-night SAC/GS game.)

Comment

• I looked at the box score, and Valanciunas was credited with 0 blocks???

What the hell??

Unless im imagining it, I could have sworn he got a couple blocks during the 4th

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I looked at the box score, and Valanciunas was credited with 0 blocks???

What the hell??

Unless im imagining it, I could have sworn he got a couple blocks during the 4th
            I thought the same thing....but I can't go back and rewatch it to check

Not really important though. Jonas has been doing a pretty good job protecting the rim.

Comment

I thought the same thing....but I can't go back and rewatch it to check

Not really important though. Jonas has been doing a pretty good job protecting the rim.
              Is Casey secretly doing whatever he can to lower JV's value, so that when it comes time to resign him, it costs the Raps less to keep him? (only mostly joking)
              Also, they should get on extending JV. I hope to see an extension before the off season, cause some team would give him a huge contract, forcing the Raps to match.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Is Casey secretly doing whatever he can to lower JV's value, so that when it comes time to resign him, it costs the Raps less to keep him? (only mostly joking)
                Also, they should get on extending JV. I hope to see an extension before the off season, cause some team would give him a huge contract, forcing the Raps to match.
                I don't think so. Raps will have to pay him a lot. That's just market. He'd need to get serious injury to push his value down.

Comment

Well, they'll have the whole summer/preseason to agree to an extension. Hopefully it gets done. Don't even know if it's logistically possible during the current season.

Comment

• Lowry is going to be pissed about his performance in this game and destroy Orlando tomorrow. That 9 turnovers is going to be the only thing he cares about
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      Lowry is going to be pissed about his performance in this game and destroy Orlando tomorrow. That 9 turnovers is going to be the only thing he cares about
                      I'd love to see Lowry come out and get like 20 assists. He should have 20 points too. A 20-20 game from our PG would pretty much get this reaction from me:

Comment

• sidenote
                        you know christmas is here once you hear jack armstrong crooning christmas carols like Frank Sinatra

Comment

Well, they'll have the whole summer/preseason to agree to an extension. Hopefully it gets done. Don't even know if it's logistically possible during the current season.
                          Whoa yeah my bad, I totally thought he was a free agent this off-season. Don't know how I managed to do that with all the time I spend looking at nba stuff...

Comment

Literally not allowed to sign an extension UNTIL the off season.

And the soonest another team can offer him a contract is July 2016.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Literally not allowed to sign an extension UNTIL the off season.

And the soonest another team can offer him a contract is July 2016.
                              So it's safe to chill out with these JV extensions talks

Personally I'd be happy with Vucevic type of contract for Jonas

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                And also, JV played well again(4th straight good games) but man offensively the guy just continues to miss gimmies. And the ball gets easily stripped off his hands. There was a possession in the 4th where he was in deep position, Melo guarding him. All JV needed to do was go up, but Melo EASILY stripped the ball off JV hands. So frustrating.
                                He's learning. He needs to not bounce the ball as much and / or bring the bal game. But on the last 4 games I have seen him become a beast on the boards. An absolute beast. Didn't think he was capable of it. I'm very optimistic with JV. He should get more touches. Of course he needs to be able to hold good / deep post position to get quality touches.

The future is bright. He may just be our best / most dominant player one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X