Game# 68: Raptors @ Lakers, Mon March 14, 10:30pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game# 68: Raptors @ Lakers, Mon March 14, 10:30pm EST

Raptors are at 37-30. Currently 7th in the conference, 1 games back of 6th, and 2.5 games up from 8th. They are 14th in offense, 14th in defense, and 14th in net rating.

Lakers are at 29-38. Currently 9th in the conference, 1.5 games ahead of 10th, 10.5 games back of 6th. They are 24th in offense, 17th in defense and 23rd in net rating.

OG Anunoby and Malachi Flynn are away. Fred VanVleet is day to day with knee soreness. Anthony Davis has a foot injury and is out. LeBron James will be a game day decision.

This will be the Lakers 2nd game of a back to back as they faced Phoenix on the road on Sunday. This will be the Raptors 3rd game in 4 nights as they came off a back to back win against both Phoenix and Denver.

This will be the first time the Raptors and Lakers face off this season. Last season they split the season series 1-1.

Los Angeles is Spanish for "The Angels". Clarence Odbody was once told that whenever a bell rang, an angel would get its wings. It must get really annoying in heaven when a travelling salesman goes door to door ringing everyone's doorbell. Many of the lakes in Los Angeles have turned into reservoirs over the years. They still do have a few. One called Crystal Lake that resides in the San Gabriel Mountains of Southern California. Camp Crystal Lake was also where serial killer Jason Voorhees decided to kill off several young adult camp staffers. He liked wearing a hockey goalie mask while doing so.

Now for the starting line ups (*subject to change)!

For the home team (in no particular order):

And for your Toronto Raptors:

Let's go Raptors!

Endlessly entertaining. Hope you get to do an LA back to back (to back!)
    (also..can't believe I had to look up Westbrook.....well played)
    Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Mar 14, 2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

"This will be the Lakers 2nd game of a back to back as they faced Phoenix on the road on Sunday."
      Suns routed the Lakers 140-111
      I would LOVE to hang another one on them, wouldn't be surprised to see lebron sit this out and sulk.

Comment

I watched the first 2 and a half quarters of the Lakers game last night. They're a complete mess. Lebron has abandoned the idea of playing defense at this point in the season. Sometimes he doesn't even come back across half court at all, he just stays back on the other side and waits for you to score. He looks like he's just using the rest of the year to pick up a scoring title for his resume.

Westbrook barely looks like an nba player (still fast!) but brick city, even lay ups don't go in much anymore. His defense is also just window dressing. Their 2nd best scorer at this point is Malik monk. Don't think he knows defense either. Does anyone play defense? Oh, Street Clothes plays defense, when he's not in street clothes. Too bad he's always in street clothes.

That said, this is the nba, and they'll probably have a little more pep in their step after getting embarassed on espn. Raptors need to play their own brand of defense, and not let this turn into a street ball track meet. We've had a terrible habit of playing to the competition this year, and this one we need to get, as Cleveland is also playing in a tough one tonight, and the runway is getting shorter.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

There is no way I can watch this live. Might catch the first quarter, but I already setup my PVR for this one. The daylight savings change has done a number on me for some reason.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            There is no way I can watch this live. Might catch the first quarter, but I already setup my PVR for this one. The daylight savings change has done a number on me for some reason.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I watched the first 2 and a half quarters of the Lakers game last night. They're a complete mess. Lebron has abandoned the idea of playing defense at this point in the season. Sometimes he doesn't even come back across half court at all, he just stays back on the other side and waits for you to score. He looks like he's just using the rest of the year to pick up a scoring title for his resume.

Westbrook barely looks like an nba player (still fast!) but brick city, even lay ups don't go in much anymore. His defense is also just window dressing. Their 2nd best scorer at this point is Malik monk. Don't think he knows defense either. Does anyone play defense? Oh, Street Clothes plays defense, when he's not in street clothes. Too bad he's always in street clothes.

That said, this is the nba, and they'll probably have a little more pep in their step after getting embarassed on espn. Raptors need to play their own brand of defense, and not let this turn into a street ball track meet. We've had a terrible habit of playing to the competition this year, and this one we need to get, as Cleveland is also playing in a tough one tonight, and the runway is getting shorter.
              Lebron is just chasing GOAT stats at this point and his teammates know it, so nobody is giving any effort on defense. Everybody just out for themselves, with the tone set by Lebron. Kwame Brown (of all people, lol) called it:

Comment

The Raptors have to match the Lakers energy tonight. The Lakers got embarassed last night in Phoenix so you know they're gonna come out and play angry tonight. The Lakers are still scary because of LeBron, I don't want any part of that dude.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Lebron is just chasing GOAT stats at this point and his teammates know it, so nobody is giving any effort on defense. Everybody just out for themselves, with the tone set by Lebron. Kwame Brown (of all people, lol) called it:

Because of that? Kwame is just bored. LeBron does that all the time. Lowry as well when he was here used to always look at the stat sheet.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lebron always has an extra gear for Toronto. Would love to see Scottie on him but would hate the foul calls.

Comment

Lebron basically runs through his opponents, right to the rim. And when he feels his shot, he hits everything. He's aiming for the scoring crown. He's not that far off though. Averaging 29.7 ppg (tied with Giannis). Joel is #1 at 29.8.

So he's going to want at least 30 points. That's likely more important than the win IMO.

Comment

Lebron will get his, Lakers don't try to win games though. Nobody including Lebron put any effort on defense. Just out hustle them and have energy and it will be an easy win.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

haha look at the side-eye idiot Westbrook is giving him though

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

haha look at the side-eye idiot Westbrook is giving him though
                            Russ checking to see how close he is to a triple double.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Because of that? Kwame is just bored. LeBron does that all the time. Lowry as well when he was here used to always look at the stat sheet.
                              Maybe Lowry was also making sure he was also getting his. You never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X