Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOSH: How come everybody knows he's leaving but he doesnt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSH: How come everybody knows he's leaving but he doesnt?

im just amazed at all the articles, blogs from sportwriters and wannabe sportwriters (bloggers) who are quite confident when they say that Bosh is leaving the raptors this summer. and the funnier thing is, theyre basing it on the outcome (possible elimination before the playoffs) and what transpired during this season. i think its just sad that theyre trying to write something that they really have no merit on.

if bosh is going to leave, most likely because he does not want to be in toronto. period. he doesnt like the team, the people, the weather. he wont leave because the team faltered at the end of the season, or because they didnt make the playoffs. he knows the team needs at least a full season to gel, they had 9 new players when the season started. he knows BC is still looking for ways to improve the team but MLSE is not giving him enough money to do so. and he knows if he does decide to leave, he will not get a max deal and most likely be the 2nd option to a higher level superstar.

so write all you want but Bosh is more likely here to stay in toronto.

They have something to base it on. Bosh said he wants to be in a winning environment next year. Toronto's track record doesn't paint a scene that Bosh himself says he wants to be in next season. Do the math.

I think his decision will have nothing to do with the city and it's people and everything to do with the fact that he's accomplished nothing in his career in the playoffs and he probably blames the team based on his history of comments.

Comment

I think a lot of the recent rants about Bosh leaving town is based on his coments to the Miami Herald.
      http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/2...all-about.html
      I read somewhere (and I cant remember where) that Bosh wants to be more involved in chosing the personel for this team. Considering all that, plus that has been said by both BC and Chris, I would interpret this as Chris implying that he need to see a change in the personell before/for him to resign. I will take one positive from the article and that is the fact that he seem to be willing to give BC time to come up with a "winning" group of players. Also MAYBE, just MAYBE, he is the recruiting players to come to play in Toronto. WOW! can I be any more optimistic?

Comment

My opinion based on my observations of Bosh and the team is that there was a sea-change of play and comments from Bosh post allstar break. The numbers of the team and his own stats attest to this. And of course the tenor of his comments. Yes he was injured, but as injuries go it did not come across as serious and there seemed to be an inordinate period where he did not play. Wright, Turk and I think Bargs had ankle sprains but were back relatively quick. Yes, not all ankle sprains are the same but this fits into my narrative or conjecture.

My own spin sequence is that around this time (allstar) BC may have offered CB a super-max deal to... put the matter to rest, buoy the team/franchise as it was headed to the playoffs (it was playing well) or set himself up for further deals after the season, get a read on CB's true intentions, etc etc. Bosh refused wanting to wait out the season or whatever. It may have gotten ugly. BC may have even rescinded a super-max deal going forward. The team may have gotten wind of this and alongwith CB's head now messed...we have what we have. Also notice that JT is not so deferential anymore (incl. towards Bosh).

All those pundits who spoke at the start of the season were just blowing smoke. Nothing Bosh did or said at the time came remotely close to him indicating leaving. JJ his friend may not have signed here if he thought so. I understand Bosh even has a new girlfriend in NY. So, times and circumstances and now comments change. He seemed to even throw JT and the team under the bus a couple of days ago after the Miami game I think (something about spacing on the floor being bad etc.)

Comment

Hypnotiq wrote: View Post
          I think a lot of the recent rants about Bosh leaving town is based on his coments to the Miami Herald.
          http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/2...all-about.html
          I read somewhere (and I cant remember where) that Bosh wants to be more involved in chosing the personel for this team. Considering all that, plus that has been said by both BC and Chris, I would interpret this as Chris implying that he need to see a change in the personell before/for him to resign. I will take one positive from the article and that is the fact that he seem to be willing to give BC time to come up with a "winning" group of players. Also MAYBE, just MAYBE, he is the recruiting players to come to play in Toronto. WOW! can I be any more optimistic?
          There was a discussion about some of this here on this board:
          Raptors Republic Thread: "Bosh Talks About the Summer After Heat Game"

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            There was a discussion about some of this here on this board:
            Raptors Republic Thread: "Bosh Talks About the Summer After Heat Game"
            Thanks for pointing me to that thread Apollo. The point I was trying to make, and maybe I didnt do a good enough job of conveying my views, is that ever since that article (miami herald) almost everyone here is leaning towards Bosh leaving. I just re-read that thread an there was not one single post on there that wasnt geared towards that opinion. I just wanted everyone to stop for a minute and take a look at the other side of the coin....it might not be pretty, but its still a possibility.

Comment

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                im just amazed at all the articles, blogs from sportwriters and wannabe sportwriters (bloggers) who are quite confident when they say that Bosh is leaving the raptors this summer. and the funnier thing is, theyre basing it on the outcome (possible elimination before the playoffs) and what transpired during this season. i think its just sad that theyre trying to write something that they really have no merit on.

if bosh is going to leave, most likely because he does not want to be in toronto. period. he doesnt like the team, the people, the weather. he wont leave because the team faltered at the end of the season, or because they didnt make the playoffs. he knows the team needs at least a full season to gel, they had 9 new players when the season started. he knows BC is still looking for ways to improve the team but MLSE is not giving him enough money to do so. and he knows if he does decide to leave, he will not get a max deal and most likely be the 2nd option to a higher level superstar.

so write all you want but Bosh is more likely here to stay in toronto.
                Bosh said it's all about winning and in the 7 years he's been here nobody has been competent enough to build a team that can compete for the second round of the playoffs. In the past 4-5 years that Colangelo has been here it's been one clusterf*** after another. The team has been shuffled around more than any other team in the league and Colangelo seems perfectly content to keep rolling the dice hoping for a miracle.

If Bosh leaves it'll be because he doesn't want to waste his prime on a team that's been sabotaged for years to come thanks to ridiculous contracts. Oh, and MLSE has been very supportive from a financial standpoint. I don't know where you're getting the idea that they're not giving BC enough money. There's such a thing as cap space and they're at or close to it. They [MLSE] also said they're willing to take a tax hit if it means signing on another player that will take the Raptors into championship contention. Right now they're barely in playoff contention, so the money stays put.

Comment

the raps are actually just below the salary cap, and that is why we wont go past the 1st round if we do make it into the playoffs.

Here is the list of team salaries for 2009-2010.
                  1. Los Angeles Lakers
                  $91,377,313
                  2. Dallas Mavericks
                  $86,972,067
                  3. Boston Celtics
                  $85,363,913
                  4. New York Knicks
                  $84,908,714
                  5. Cleveland Cavaliers
                  $84,453,809
                  6. Orlando Magic
                  $82,132,126
                  7. San Antonio Spurs
                  $79,158,564
                  8. Utah Jazz
                  $74,860,447
                  9. Denver Nuggets
                  $74,860,031
                  10. Phoenix Suns
                  $74,799,286
                  11. Miami Heat
                  $73,395,260
                  12. Washington Wizards
                  $72,821,537
                  13. New Orleans Hornets
                  $70,904,309
                  14. Chicago Bulls
                  $69,894,330
                  15. Houston Rockets
                  $69,266,732
                  16. Charlotte Bobcats
                  $68,590,790
                  17. Toronto Raptors
                  $67,801,369

Toronto is 17th in this list, and so is their ranking in the league. You need to spend money to win games, my friend. And BC doesnt have that luxury. Look at the teams on the top of this list, these are the teams that are currently dominating the NBA. You really cant blame BC, he did the best with the money he had.
                  Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Mar 31, 2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X