Game# 70: Lakers @ Raptors, Fri March 18, 7:30pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game# 70: Lakers @ Raptors, Fri March 18, 7:30pm EST

Raptors are at 39-30. Currently tied for 6th in the conference, 3.5 games up from 8th. They are 14th in offense, 13th in defense, and 13th in net rating.

Lakers are at 29-40. Currently 9th in the conference, 2.5 games ahead of 11th, 12.5 games back of 6th. They are 24th in offense, 17th in defense and 22nd in net rating.

Malachi Flynn is away. OG Anunoby is questionable. Anthony Davis and Kendrick Nunn are out. Both LeBron James and Talen Horton Tucker are questionable.

The Raptors are on a 5 game winning streak, coming off a road trip where they went 5-1. The Lakers have lost 3 in a row and are 2-8 in their last 10 games.

This will be the second time the Raptors and Lakers will be facing off. They played each other on Monday. The Raptors won 114-103. Gary Trent Jr lead the Raptors with 28 points. LeBron James lead all scorers with 30 points.

A laker is a type of ship that was built for carrying cargo on the Great Lakes. There are 5 Great Lakes in North America - Lakes Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie and Ontario. None of these lakes reach Los Angeles or the state of California. Los Angeles is referred to as the City of Dreams. If you end up in a dream where some weird looking dude in a hat and a torn up sweater comes chasing you with knives sewn into his glove then try and wake up before he kills you.

Now for the starting line ups (*subject to change)!

For the away team (in no particular order):

And for your Toronto Raptors:

Let's go Raptors!

Any way these city descriptions can continue for the rest of the year? And kudos on coming up with new images in back to back (ish) games. Go Raps

Comment

i think you sit fvv tonight...4th game in a week with 38, 40, 36 and short turnaround west coast/east coast....a couple times he took it to the paint last game which was very encouraging....even if malichi is not cleared tonight....run scottie, pascal and delano....the raptors are too close right now to suffer another setback....a healthy fvv, anunoby and flynn for the cavs game....thad, boucher, precious(a different player after the all star break), malicki and then birch at 8 minutes a game?.....oh my....thats just nasty compared to january and february

Comment

In this universe, there are trillions and trillions of stars. There are billions and billions of galaxies, each containing thousands of planets.

But here on earth, on the internet, where you'll find Raptors Republic, in the section labelled 'Everything Raptors', there is but one planetmars . And Lebron HATES him.

Let's make it 6, PM!
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Lakers have now lost 3 in a row, all by double digits. I'm happy to see that, the downside though is that they'll come in pissed. Gotta have the energy up with the crowd to contain them early.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
            Lakers have now lost 3 in a row, all by double digits. I'm happy to see that, the downside though is that they'll come in pissed. Gotta have the energy up with the crowd to contain them early.
            Lebron was livid last time too and it made no difference. Another spanking is in order. We're back in Canada but I'm still Pascalifornia dreaming

Comment

no offence to all the other fine game-thread creators, but at this point i'm most comfortable with a two man rotation of PM and j-claw down the stretch and in the playoffs. empty the clip dudes

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                no offence to all the other fine game-thread creators, but at this point i'm most comfortable with a two man rotation of PM and j-claw down the stretch and in the playoffs. empty the clip dudes
                I always put together a summary of success near the end of the season so we can all agree on a strategy. It sure would be good to have a 4 threadstarter rotation though, to cover off scenarios of up to 3 losses in a series.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I always put together a summary of success near the end of the season so we can all agree on a strategy. It sure would be good to have a 4 threadstarter rotation though, to cover off scenarios of up to 3 losses in a series.
                  An annual tradition like none other!

We know jclaw is our workhorse this year, the eye test alone tells me that

Comment

Still love those Mixx album covers though. Not sure what his record is this year, but he gets my vote.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                      oh i know i was not actually serious, just acknowledging the run PM is on as well as jclaw's streaks this season

Comment

We’re like the 2004 Pistons

Comment

I'm never comfortable playing he who will not be named until after the final buzzer.
                          Another dbl digit W incoming ....please

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            I'm never comfortable playing he who will not be named until after the final buzzer.
                            Another dbl digit W incoming ....please
                            Austin Reaves?

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                              It would be a shame if teams don't beat this Lakers by double digits now.

Let's do this boys!

Comment

Working...
                              X