Game# 70: Lakers @ Raptors, Fri March 18, 7:30pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    I know siakams stats are good but when has he put a game away? Dominated late?
    Pascal largely becomes a playmaker late. His efficiency dips, but he's smart so he dips his usage as well, but he puts up high assist rate and basically never turns it over in the clutch, has a great AST:TO in those scenarios, best on the team. He's definitely had games where he's had some dominant passing late to pick opposing defences apart. Rarely is he dominating as a scorer late though because teams double him aggressively in crunch time. Fred also gets doubled, he just takes more shots at also a very bad efficiency (a tick above Pascal's). I think there was a stat going around that Pascal and Fred are two of the most doubled players in the league, and that the Raps score very well when they are doubled.

That stacks up with the Raptors' success in the clutch - Pascal and Fred might not be carrying the team by themselves down the stretch, but they create a lot of good looks for others, which is part of why you see guys like Barnes and Trent with near 60% TS% in the clutch and why Pascal, Fred and Gary all have roughly a +10 net rating in the clutch - they have an above average offence and defence in the clutch, and specifically when Pascal and Fred are on the floor have a ~ top 5 value for both.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I said i know his stats are good why tell me his overall stats are good? Im talking about late in close games he gets tight. One of two things happens..he tries a spin and almost loses the handle and frantically regains it and passes it off or he gets fouled and hits 1 of 2. For his star salary he should hit 8 points in a row - win games single handedly late in tight games. Occasionally at least
      I know what you are saying, and I think the potential is still there. He's not really the take over the game at the end type of player, but I'll still take him and his salary as he makes the team better overall for the whole game. I think there's too much focus on if he's perfect or prolific at the end, every single point the whole game matters a lot.
      How many games have we seen won or lost this year alone by the play in one quarter? (Often the 1st or 3rd)

Comment

• Anyone taking the bounce back game after that meltdown?

Comment

Working...
        X