Game #72 Raps at Bulls Monday March 21st 8:00pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I wouldn't go that far. I've come to realize how little we appreciated how good Marc gasol actually was. Maybe it was because we lost JV, and he wasn't Marc gasol of all star Memphis days and barely shot the ball. But gasol was absolutely sublime for Toronto in 2019 and 2020.
    i dunno. the championship year gasol was pretty good. i seem to recall gasol being basically unplayable the following year though, especially during the playoffs. but i get that someone of his size and speed will have specific matchup problems, especially during the boston run.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

If only we had managed to get Maxie for Lowry....
      You keep bringing this up like it was on the table. Philly had no intentions of trading Maxey, or anything of value for that matter.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You keep bringing this up like it was on the table. Philly had no intentions of trading Maxey, or anything of value for that matter.
        It was the rumored ask.
        They wanted Lowry.
        Deal didn't happen.

Achiuwa looking better than at first, let's see how it looks longer term.

Comment

It was the rumored ask.
          They wanted Lowry.
          Deal didn't happen.

If I recall Raptors asked for Maxey, Thybulle and Danny. Plan was to bring in a third team for Danny. Deal fell apart because Sixers thought asking price was too high.

If Precious is able to shoot the 3 at around a 36% clip consistently, he might be the perfect big man to have alongside Scottie and Pascal.

Comment

It was the rumored ask.
            They wanted Lowry.
            Deal didn't happen.

Yeah we wanted Maxey. Philly wasn't willing to deal him. We also wanted Herro and Miami wasn't willing to deal him. So seems really odd to still be complaining about it at this point, when we wanted good players and were offered shit sandwiches. The fact we didn't get Maxey is because Philly wasn't willing to give up Maxey for Lowry, so why keep bringing it up?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Bulls are still pretenders until they can beat any of those top 6 playoff teams

Raptors were missing key defensive studs in GTJ and OG

those spaces that Derozan feast on would narrow in the playoffs

he has not proven us wrong yet, lol
              So far they are living up to their reputation this season….cannot get into the win column against legitimate playoff contenders. Massacred by the Bucks tonight

It’s laughable that their success hinges on the health of Caruso and Lonzo Ball…..why is that? Because their top three scorers cannot defend their positions. Derozan still getting hidden as usual….the entirety of his career in this league, he is NOT out there defending the best player of the opposing team. Of course he would have nights he rack up massive points because he is getting the least defensive assignment.

Raptors will eat them alive when it matters most with OG and GTJ healthy

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah we wanted Maxey. Philly wasn't willing to deal him. We also wanted Herro and Miami wasn't willing to deal him. So seems really odd to still be complaining about it at this point, when we wanted good players and were offered shit sandwiches. The fact we didn't get Maxey is because Philly wasn't willing to give up Maxey for Lowry, so why keep bringing it up?
                Since when is "If only we had managed to get Maxie for Lowry...." complaining?
                It's just an observation after he had a couple of great nights for him, one without Embiid and Harden.
                Chil out ....

Comment

• https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1...004188166?s=21

Bulls 0-16 against the top 3 seeds of each conference

embarrassing

Comment

https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1...004188166?s=21

embarrassing
                    Meh, they already have 11 more wins than they did last season and it's their first season with this core.

Comment

https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1...004188166?s=21

embarrassing
                      Definition of pretenders.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Meh, they already have 11 more wins than they did last season and it's their first season with this core.
                        If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it probably is a duck Lol

they are…

Comment

• @LJ2….

Eventhough we know that both Siakam
                          and VanVleet may have reached their ceilings and both are in their prime of their respective games, this team have very young players in their early 20’s who’s ceilings are still unknown and one of them as you stated on his dedicated thread has a game that rapidly evolves constantly every game and potentially could be one of the best when its all said and done.

One of the posters here just dont believe that this is a threadmill team, maybe he is right or maybe wrong, that remain to be seen. I personally would think that Masai will not allow this team to fall in that “purgatory of mediocrity”. As long as Masai is around, I am confident that will not happen. Masai however got so damn lucky to draft Scottie so the future is bright. Now he can proceed to any direction this offseason with Scottie as the centerpiece of this franchise universe.

We cannot say that about those Bulls…Lavine will be a free agent this offseason, who knows whether he sticks around or go somewhere else. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if they exercise the team option of several players next season and several other players opting in, Bulls are already tied $100 million of total taxable salaries next season. They may have Lonzo Ball/ Patrick Williams and maybe Coby White as their young players but IMO, not one of those three are game changers. It also hilarious that their success depends on the defensive acumen of an Alex Caruso lol.

They still could sign a free agent but the wiggle room is damn tight. If all cap holds, exceptions are assumed declined, waived or renounced, they have $18 million of possible Cap Space.

good luck with that.
                          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Mar 23, 2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

@LJ2….

Eventhough we know that both Siakam
                            and VanVleet may have reached their ceilings and both are in their prime of their respective games, this team have very young players in their early 20’s who’s ceilings are still unknown and one of them as you stated on his dedicated thread has a game that rapidly evolves constantly every game and potentially could be one of the best when its all said and done.

One of the posters here just dont believe that this is a threadmill team, maybe he is right or maybe wrong, that remain to be seen. I personally would think that Masai will not allow this team to fall in that “purgatory of mediocrity”. As long as Masai is around, I am confident that will not happen. Masai however got so damn lucky to draft Scottie so the future is bright. Now he can proceed to any direction this offseason with Scottie as the centerpiece of this franchise universe.

We cannot say that about those Bulls…Lavine will be a free agent this offseason, who knows whether he sticks around or go somewhere else. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if they exercise the team option of several players next season and several other players opting in, Bulls are already tied $100 million of total taxable salaries next season. They may have Lonzo Ball/ Patrick Williams and maybe Coby White as their young players but IMO, not one of those three are game changers. It also hilarious that their success depends on the defensive acumen of an Alex Caruso lol.

They still could sign a free agent but the wiggle room is damn tight. If all cap holds, exceptions are assumed declined, waived or renounced, they have $18 million of possible Cap Space.

good luck with that.
                            Yeah, I'm not saying the Bulls are contenders, but it's been a big season for them and a lot to look forward to. Similar to when the Rudy Gay trade happened and Raps started gelling into a high 40's and eventually a 50 win team, the Bulls are just starting to come into their own. Wouldn't it be a shame if Demar got traded again in a season or two to get them the final piece to really contend? Heck, Clipper's might be ready to move Kawhi by then lol.

As far as the Raps go, Siakam and FVV are having career years, so are Gary and somewhat OG. If they keep this team together they should get better and better every year with our young guys (Barnes, Trent, OG, Precious) improving by leaps and bounds each season. Siakam and FVV aren't going to decline for 3-4 years if they can stay healthy. A treadmill team is what the Raps were with Lowry, DeMar, JV and Ross all in their primes with no hopes of anyone breaking into another level. It's not the same situation right now imo.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not saying the Bulls are contenders, but it's been a big season for them and a lot to look forward to. Similar to when the Rudy Gay trade happened and Raps started gelling into a high 40's and eventually a 50 win team, the Bulls are just starting to come into their own. Wouldn't it be a shame if Demar got traded again in a season or two to get them the final piece to really contend? Heck, Clipper's might be ready to move Kawhi by then lol.

As far as the Raps go, Siakam and FVV are having career years, so are Gary and somewhat OG. If they keep this team together they should get better and better every year with our young guys (Barnes, Trent, OG, Precious) improving by leaps and bounds each season. Siakam and FVV aren't going to decline for 3-4 years if they can stay healthy. A treadmill team is what the Raps were with Lowry, DeMar, JV and Ross all in their primes with no hopes of anyone breaking into another level. It's not the same situation right now imo.
                              Interesting how they go about their offseason especially if they get bounce early in the playoffs which I suspect would happen after a pathetic Zero Wins against the top teams in both conferences. I expect his career will end up like Melo who I always see him as having the same skillset. Probably would end up in of those LA teams.

With Lavine’s uncertain future and a middling salary of $18 mil (if all contingencies declined), their room of improvement next season is small, heck they may end up regressing like the Hawks this season. Beyond next season with Vucecic off the books and an expiring salary of Derozan ($27-28Million) they will most likely make that move as you stated above and opt to build around Ball and Patrick Williams, ugh.

The purgatory of mediocrity - too good to draft one of those superstars, not good enough to beat them, and too expensive to sign them.

lol

i thank the bb god everyday we have Scottie Barnes and Masai
                              Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Mar 23, 2022, 05:27 PM.

Comment

People forget that the Bulls were a laughing stock prior to last season. That orgnaization still needs a lot of work

Comment

Working...
                                X