Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy with the late dagger letting crooked mf refs know

Comment

• it's some kind of miracle that we shot 25% from 3, had 10 fewer FTs than the other team, were out-rebounded, had to endure that officiating that fouled 2 of our starters out, and still pulled a win. These kind of games are huge for the growth of our young guys; makes you appreciate the value of making the playoffs (where you see more of these type of games), instead of tanking.

Comment

• yeah they played like shit....fvv is still injured going on 7 weeks for a bone bruise but the raptors have heart and grit even when they are getting fukd on....lmao nesmith closelining thad and teh two trent jr fouls......its obvious that money came in on the celtics +8....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7r0jEx2-rQ

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

We are the #1 team in the league in terms of suffering from officating. We really suffer big time.
          Is there a stat for blown or weak calls against, by team?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            That was a grind of a win…

I have to give credit to Ime Udoka for pushing his players to play like there is no tomorrow considering Celtics were severely depleted with no Williams, Brown and Tatum. They gave the Raptors major grief all game.

Those refs tho especially Evan Scott, please add him to the worse refs list.

Raptors started the game like they were walking in mud defending the three. Celtics were moving the ball without a Superstar to carry them. Everyone were touching the ball. Derrick White who is shooting the three at 24.7% was lights out, tapered down late in the game which was fortunate for the Raps

Siakam thankfully had a great great game but mostly Isolation ball, took advantage of the lesser opponent without their defensive stalwart/ “Siakam stopper” in Brown.

Barnes was subdued once again on offense.

OG’s crucial steal stood out.

glad that Gary is back, some clutch free throws to seal the game in OT

but who would have thought that Thad Young held the fort…was all over the place, this is one of his best game as a Raptor.

Celtics vs. Raptors in the first round?????….I honestly don’t like the sound of that.
            It's our worst matchup imo. sooner have the Heat or Sixers or Bucks frankly. Want no part of a healthy Durant in the first round though.

Comment

• Interesting game last night. Like how Boston plays defense. They basically egg you on to try and get you to take an open 3 at the perimeter, or to try and drive into the paint. They essentially are good at breaking up ball movement, so you have to go ISO. They don't let you drive and kick, etc. Even without their studs, they played a good game. I can see why they have the #1 defense.

The refereeing was definitely questionable but the Raptors didn't really have a lot of weapons. Fred was really bad at times. And arguing a lot with refs, not getting back on defense. Hit some big 3's at the end like he always does.. and that helped for sure.. but more bad than good for him. You can see Trent was not moving right. Lot of blow byes on him, which resulted in open looks from Boston. Hit some clutch free throws though.

Thad and OG were great on defense. Thad had some really awesome critical plays late to keep us in the game.

Boucher felt ineffective in this one. Boston had a block party on Chris on the one play. It's too bad, since he's been pretty good the last month or so. Scottie didn't have anything. Missed some wide open shots in the mid range that he usually nails. Was the playoff intensity type game too much for him? He looked like a rookie out there. Letting Smart strip him up like that in his own zone was really bad. You can call that a reach in, but it looked clean to me on replay. I didn't think Precious had a great game either, but his box score was actually pretty decent. 7 points, 8 boards, and 4 blocks. Also ended up +6.

But yeah Pascal was amazing. He was eating everyone's lunch. For some reason Nesmith was a tough defender on him, and I liked that they were setting screens to get the right defender on him.

Nobody wants to see a close game / potential loss against a team without 3 of their best players. But in the same breath I enjoyed the OT game and close win. Raptors needed a crunch time win again and got it.

Comment

• “It just goes to show you, I mean that's why they're so good,” said Nurse. “They’ve got some guys that have played in this league, and they’ve got some serious depth. I knew it was tough mentally on us to see those guys out. We came out and played like, ‘Oh, this is this, you know, who we gotta play against tonight’. I knew it was gonna be tough on us and I knew those guys were really good.”

Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Mar 29, 2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post
                  yeah they played like shit....fvv is still injured going on 7 weeks for a bone bruise but the raptors have heart and grit even when they are getting fukd on....lmao nesmith closelining thad and teh two trent jr fouls......its obvious that money came in on the celtics +8....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7r0jEx2-rQ
                  Some of the calls were borderline and the Raps foul basically on every possession, so while a lot of calls were tough to take you can see the fouls in a game that is reffed tightly. However, the problem was the game was only called that way on one end and, more concerning, there were at least 2 plays where the Celtics committed dangerous fouls and one was not even called while the other should have been a flagrant 1. That's the kind of stuff that gets guys injured and it's not acceptable to pocket the whistle on those plays.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Is there a stat for blown or weak calls against, by team?
                    No.

Comment

• Gotta love that small starting lineup, guarantee you a 10 point deficit to start the game even against a shorthanded opponent.

Now, it obviously wasn't just that, but add it to the mountain of evidence...

But we got the win! A win's a win at this point in the season and with the playoff races so tight. And yeah, winning 5 on 8 ain't bad, what a mess from the refs in that one.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gary hasn’t come off the bench since the first couple weeks. I think it deserves a look. I want to see Precious, Pascal, OG, FVV and Scottie to start. Gary still should get the minutes, just switch up the rotations.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          Gary hasn’t come off the bench since the first couple weeks. I think it deserves a look. I want to see Precious, Pascal, OG, FVV and Scottie to start. Gary still should get the minutes, just switch up the rotations.
                          Another one!

You guys are starting to see it.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hey I like Gary Trent Jr. even off the bench I hope he still gets 30+ minutes. I just think spreading out the scoring would actual benefit the team. There’s not a ton of shots to go around in that starting 5

Comment

• trent jr has a worse injury to his toe than first thought..... nurse said this in his post game....hes still providing spacing for pascal even if he is limited

Comment

Working...
                              X