Russell
    Beverley
    Edwards
    Vanderbilt
    Towns

Team Ranks:

TOR: 14th ORTG, 10th DRTG, 2nd OREB%, 23rd DREB%

MIN: 6th ORTG, 12th DRTG, 7th OREB%, 27th DREB%

Small starters are terrible but we'll keep going back to that well, I'm sure.

Wolves are decent this year. Lost their last game and are floundering slightly at 6-4 in their last ten but are right at the top of the West play-in and probably are thinking they can close the two game gap on the Nuggets to get 6th.

Raps are on a 3 game win streak and 8-2 in their last 10, now tied for 5th with the Bulls (who have the tie breaker), who are sliding down the ranks with 4 wins in their last ten, so Raps surely want to pass them and make it for good.

Might come down to who kills the other on the offensive glass worst.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

May come down to whether Birch or a rotating cast of characters can contain Towns.

Comment

The Timberwolves are a bad matchup for the Raptors. The T-Wolves have an explosive offense, probably top 10 in the league maybe top 5. They shoot a lot of threes ....and KAT is playing at a very high level.

The Raps beat them a couple of months ago but what from I remember that game, the Wolves missed a bunch of wide open 3's. That game was also the last game before all star break.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Ya, it will be another playoff type of game. The TWolves are trying to get into the top 6 and the Raps are trying to stay there. This could be one of our last game of the season against a team trying to play for something.

Comment

is flynn going to be availble?

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
            I see Banton listed to play, but he did not even play one minute against Boston.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
              no https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/news...mberwolves.php

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                The Timberwolves are a bad matchup for the Raptors. The T-Wolves have an explosive offense, probably top 10 in the league maybe top 5. They shoot a lot of threes ....and KAT is playing at a very high level.

The Raps beat them a couple of months ago but what from I remember that game, the Wolves missed a bunch of wide open 3's. That game was also the last game before all star break.
                Yeah they missed a lot of 3's last game. They went 10 for 42. I don't see that happening again.

Minnesota is struggling in their last 4, but they are just as good as the Raptors. Should be a fun duel.

Comment

both beasely and mcdaniels have been out....tehy are a big part of the wolves recent run post all-star.....fortunately they are out tonight

Comment

Minny is 18-20 away from their home court so I will take it fwiw

I am looking forward to this game

Comment

Mobley out vs. Dallas tonight

So a win by the Raps and Cavs loses, will give the Raps a 2 game cushion to solidly that 6th spot

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah they missed a lot of 3's last game. They went 10 for 42. I don't see that happening again.

Minnesota is struggling in their last 4, but they are just as good as the Raptors. Should be a fun duel.
                        Yeah that's what I remember about that game.

Also want to add, Beverley is not Marcus Smart. Smart is really really good - imo is the best defender in the league. Beverley on the other hand is more of a pest. But if you play casually against Beverley like Barnes did the other night against Smart, he's going to eat you alive.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

gambler wrote: View Post
                          both beasely and mcdaniels have been out....tehy are a big part of the wolves recent run post all-star.....fortunately they are out tonight
                          Russell is apparently in the midst of a shooting slump as well.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Yeah that's what I remember about that game.

Also want to add, Beverley is not Marcus Smart. Smart is really really good - imo is the best defender in the league. Beverley on the other hand is more of a pest. But if you play casually against Beverley like Barnes did the other night against Smart, he's going to eat you alive.
                            "really really good" players do not put up career numbers of 39/32 playing his entire career alongside a-level talent....i believe that terry rozier is a really good player and thats why you do not hear talks about charlotte wanting to trade him every year as opposed to smart....for instance...fvv was a really really good player before his injury this year....and he has one a-level guy...imagine him playing alongside two

Comment

gambler wrote: View Post

"really really good" players do not put up career numbers of 39/32 playing his entire career alongside a-level talent....i believe that terry rozier is a really good player and thats why you do not hear talks about charlotte wanting to trade him every year as opposed to smart....for instance...fvv was a really really good player before his injury this year....and he has one a-level guy...imagine him playing alongside two

Our definition of good players is different then. Rozier is nothing more than a scorer - an undersized 2 guard a - a lot like Trent. Smart is an elite defensive player, has all the intangibles you want a winning player, tough, and he can score too. Not everything's about numbers. Y'all should know that. Kyle Lowry played here for 9 seasons.

I'll take Smart over Rozier or Trent anyday of the week and twice on sundays. Like, that's a no brainer to me.
                              Last edited by The Great One; Wed Mar 30, 2022, 03:39 PM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X