Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the demar appreciation day???????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the demar appreciation day???????????????

PEOPLE THOUGHT WE NEEDED A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS:

oKAY SO.

GREAT THAT KYLE LOWRY GETS AN APPRECIATION DAY!!!!

WHERE IS.

The DEMAR APPRECIATION DAY?????????????????????

WHERE WAS THE DEMAR APPRECIATION DAY??????????

HOW WE GOING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE TO BE LOYAL TO THE FRANCHISE THIS WAY?????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????

#RESPECTDD
    #DD2024
    #DON'T FORGET WHO GOT US THE CHAMPIONSHIP

DEMAR = KAWHI = NBA TITLE SOOOO?????????????????

#RAPFOREVER
    #DEMAR DESERVES A RING

A player who didn't play during the championship season deserves a ring? Thats new.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
      A player who didn't play during the championship season deserves a ring? Thats new.
      I understand the sentiment. DeMar was a big part of building the culture and confidence that lead to that championship year. Appreciation? Yes. And he gets that and always will in the story of the Raptors. A ring...no.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if DeMar had his number retired here. He was just as important in building a championship as anyone else. He was just the unlucky one that was traded.

If they are going to erect a statue, I think it should be both Kyle and DeMar. There are a ton of iconic images of them together.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
          I wouldn’t be surprised if DeMar had his number retired here. He was just as important in building a championship as anyone else. He was just the unlucky one that was traded.

If they are going to erect a statue, I think it should be both Kyle and DeMar. There are a ton of iconic images of them together.
          Thats how you show appreciation to players not part of a championship roster. I don't know about statue, but Derozan should and probably will have his jersey retired in the future.

Comment

Demar = Carter = Bosh

All needs to be appreciated, but that's it.
            Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Apr 5, 2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Thats how you show appreciation to players not part of a championship roster. I don't know about statue, but Derozan should and probably will have his jersey retired in the future.
              Of course he's going to have his number retired here. That's a no brainer. He's a future hall of famer. He still leads the Raps in most major offensive category. And I pay attention to the little things. Little things are important. Nobody has worn #10 since he left. To me that's a good sign that he's going to have his number retired here.

Nobody has also worn #15 since VC got a standing ovation here a few years ago. That was the also the year Netflix released his documentary "The Carter Effect" Again, a good sign that he's going to have his number retired one day.

And yes DeMar is more important to this franchise than Bosh - not even close really. FVV and Siakam are also more important to this franchise than Bosh.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                Demar = Carter = Bosh

All needs to be appreciated, but that's it.
                Demar didn't leave in disgrace like those two. Carter wanted out because management was so inept at the time. Bosh wanted out to go be third banana behind Lebron and Wade. Demar wanted to stay and was distraught that we traded him. He's far more deserving of appreciation than either, but especially more than Bosh.

Comment

Kyle has also said many times that he think VC's number should be retired first. You know Kyle has a big pull with this organizational so I'm pretty sure Raps will retire #15 one day - maybe not the first one but it's going to happen.

If I'm a betting man I'd I'd put my money on #7 #10 and #15 to be up in the rafters one day.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I used to be against retiring DeMar's jersey. But have warmed up to it a bit since Kyle Lowry Day. I think there has to be a standard set though. Like a barometer that others will have to cross in order to get in. Like if he gets it than I think Fred and Pascal should as well eventually.

You have to be a great ambassador for the franchise. But also put up all-star/all-nba numbers. Fred and Pascal pass that sniff test for me. They need a bit more time. Maybe another all-star or two for each will do it.

Vince and Chris didn't leave a good mark on the franchise with the way they all left. And that's a tough thing to celebrate for me. Vince can get his jersey retired in any of the other arenas he played in. He screwed up his shot at a Vince Carter Day here in Toronto. I'm sure he'll be fine. Don't really need to say too much about Chris. Was a great player here, but was never really a true ambassador. Plus his teams sucked, and I think he was embarrassed to play here quite frankly.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

I understand the sentiment. DeMar was a big part of building the culture and confidence that lead to that championship year. Appreciation? Yes. And he gets that and always will in the story of the Raptors. A ring...no.
                      The only people who arguably is owed a ring are the guys who got traded for marc gasol. JV, delon wright, and cj miles.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I used to be against retiring DeMar's jersey. But have warmed up to it a bit since Kyle Lowry Day. I think there has to be a standard set though. Like a barometer that others will have to cross in order to get in. Like if he gets it than I think Fred and Pascal should as well eventually.

You have to be a great ambassador for the franchise. But also put up all-star/all-nba numbers. Fred and Pascal pass that sniff test for me. They need a bit more time. Maybe another all-star or two for each will do it.

Vince and Chris didn't leave a good mark on the franchise with the way they all left. And that's a tough thing to celebrate for me. Vince can get his jersey retired in any of the other arenas he played in. He screwed up his shot at a Vince Carter Day here in Toronto. I'm sure he'll be fine. Don't really need to say too much about Chris. Was a great player here, but was never really a true ambassador. Plus his teams sucked, and I think he was embarrassed to play here quite frankly.
                        I wouldn’t mind having Vince's jersey retired, I don't think Bosh should at all. Are we going to retire every multiple time All star?

Fred and Pascal as long as they remain here for the foreseeable future and maybe a few more All-star games, should have their jerseys retired especially because they won a championship.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind having Vince's jersey retired, I don't think Bosh should at all. Are we going to retire every multiple time All star?

Fred and Pascal as long as they remain here for the foreseeable future and maybe a few more All-star games, should have their jerseys retired especially because they won a championship.
                          Vince is always going to be a tough sell for a lot of fans. We see stars leave teams all the time now kicking and screaming. Harden just did it twice. Simmons in Philly. Davis in New Orleans. Kawhi in San Antonio (which is still weird). Carmelo in Denver. Howard in Orlando. So there is a bit less of a sting.

But Vince felt like the first.. and it felt like he was taking a shit on the franchise as he left. It was quite a tough time to be a Raptor fan then.

I get why he would want to leave, but it could have gone a lot better. I appreciate the way George left OKC to get to LA for example.

I don't like the idea of honouring someone that didn't honour his team and the fans that cheered for him on the way out.

Bosh never really cared about Toronto. Jose and Mo Pete were the dudes that propped up TO and they were role players. That's why I appreciate guys like DeMar, Fred and Pascal. They weren't just stars and leaders, but guys that returned the love to the team and the city. That's someone you honour.

The ring thing doesn't sway me so much. The ring is pretty fluky. If we never won a chip in 2019, I'd still want to retire Kyle's jersey.

Comment

didn't we do it when he came back?

Comment

Where is da Atlanta Hawks game thread???????????????????????????????
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X