No announcement yet.

GAME 79: HAWKS AT RAPTORS; Tues. April 5th 7:30 on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think with Mobly sidelined in Cavs, Scottie has to get the ROY trophy.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
      I think with Mobly sidelined in Cavs, Scottie has to get the ROY trophy.
      Cade didn't play last game either. Scottie had 19 and 14 this game. I'll be kind of annoyed if he doesn't win.

I know in the grand scheme of Scottie's career, it probably won't mean much, but its nice to see our players get accolades.

Comment

• We couldn’t hit a three until we did. Couldn’t hit free throws until we did. Nice win. The Saints went marching in. Not to be an apologist but Birch boxed Capella out well while he was in there.

Comment

• Free throw differential and rebounding made up for Raps' regular terrible shooting from three. Hawks went small a lot but no Gallo and no Collins forced their hand in that.

Siakam was fantastic. Barnes was very good on offence and on defence late in the game but man he makes a lot of mistakes defensively - it's hard to remember he's a rookie at this. Thought Trent had a sneaky good game even though he couldn't shoot. Thad, Achiuwa and Boucher were all excellent off the bench.

Birch is a problem. He's too slow and it causes problems when they are scrambling on defence. Couple that with teams not defending him and it's not a good situation.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Cade didn't play last game either. Scottie had 19 and 14 this game. I'll be kind of annoyed if he doesn't win.

I know in the grand scheme of Scottie's career, it probably won't mean much, but its nice to see our players get accolades.
            Yeah I think you speak for all of us, Scottie deserves the award. If he doesn't get it I hope he takes it personally like Green did, not going first overall and uses it as motivation.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Free throw differential and rebounding made up for Raps' regular terrible shooting from three. Hawks went small a lot but no Gallo and no Collins forced their hand in that.

Siakam was fantastic. Barnes was very good on offence and on defence late in the game but man he makes a lot of mistakes defensively - it's hard to remember he's a rookie at this. Thought Trent had a sneaky good game even though he couldn't shoot. Thad, Achiuwa and Boucher were all excellent off the bench.

Birch is a problem. He's too slow and it causes problems when they are scrambling on defence. Couple that with teams not defending him and it's not a good situation.
              I think Nurse doesn't want to mess up the flow of his playoff bench so he starts Birch. When OG comes back for the playoffs he starts and Birch goes DNP-CD.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah I think you speak for all of us, Scottie deserves the award. If he doesn't get it I hope he takes it personally like Green did, not going first overall and uses it as motivation.
                Only motivation for getting the 5th seed

Comment

• The team I want to play the least is Milwaukee. I think they're the best team in the NBA. That's why I think the Sixers game is huge. We gotta win that game. If they want to rest FVV then rest him against NYK and Houston. We can beat both those teams without him or Siakam in the lineup.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• That was a pretty weird game there. Raptors had nobody that can hit a 3, until Thad finally did late in the first half. Followed by Pascal Siakam who got a swish. Our offensive rebounding was crazy awesome. Just got to every loose ball and created so many extra possessions. And the refs helped us out with the free throws (even though we sucked at the line).

I'm still curious as to why Nurse went with Banton. We were 0-12 or something from 3 at that point.. I don't think Banton was going to help.

Fred was a disaster until that he hit that last one. And even that rattled in. He's got that Lowry post-ASG injury thing. Not good with only about a week left for the playoffs. We need Fred to dial in, because he's one of our only 3pt shooters. And you know Nurse is gifting him 42-43 minutes a game.

Precious was outstanding. Scottie picked it up late. Killer 3 pointer, but gave it right back by letting Bogdan take a wide open one. Some rookie moments, but he put up all-star like stats. I hope the media is paying attention.

But yeah Pascal was just feasting. I guess Atlanta didn't have Collins or Gallo so that made it easier for Pascal to get anything he wanted. Surprised they didn't go with Hunter on him early. Thought their coach was good?

Glad we stormed back and won this. And with the Cavs loss, we're heading to the play-offs baby! I was actually really worried. Was thinking we had a chance to fumble this up.

Rest Fred up until the last game, and then ease OG back. I'd even give Pascal a night off against the 6ers. He's been carrying this team on his shoulders for awhile. Give him some rest Nurse!

Comment

• Pascal playing at such an elite level makes this team dangerous on any night against any team in the east. I think we have a legit shot at any team in a 7 game series, assuming we are healthy.

Comment

• phew! somehow managed to survive birch's minutes (-11), pulled it through to clinch the playoff berth and earn the rest over the PIT.

Two unusual and yet awesome things:
                        --Trae young somehow only shot 4 free throws this game
                        --We shot below 26% from 3 (and just 43% from the field, which was lower than the hawks fg%), and yet we won the game. That means we did everything else at an outstanding level, relentlessly hunted extra possessions, and defended extremely well (despite not having our best defender in OG)

This team is looking quite difficult to crack in a 7 game series; tough matchup.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                          Pascal playing at such an elite level makes this team dangerous on any night against any team in the east. I think we have a legit shot at any team in a 7 game series, assuming we are healthy.
                          Not against Milwaukee and Miami

Comment

• great game. wouldn't have been so close if we could buy a three.

i thought malachi flynn was the difference.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Not against Milwaukee and Miami
                              I dont see why not, we actually match up pretty well with og healthy. Both teams are over-rated and easily in trouble if just one player goes down. We have a better winning record against good teams in the east than either one even with our injury issues.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                                great game. wouldn't have been so close if we could buy a three.

i thought malachi flynn was the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X