Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Only motivation for getting the 5th seed
    motivation for getting the 5th seed is playing the 76ers as opposed to the bucks who own the tie breaker....

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

its disturbing.....the bucks did win it all last year without three guards.....but other than that....no....hopefulyly they can beat teh 76ers....sell out my raptors tickets ....it is what it is...they do not have the bench scoring to pull it off even if fvv shoots himself out of his slump

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post

motivation for getting the 5th seed is playing the 76ers as opposed to the bucks who own the tie breaker....
        Philly has a pretty easy schedule. @Toronto, Indiana, Detroit (B2B)

They likely rest everyone for the Toronto game, but we'll likely do the same.. so that'll be a toss up. Indiana and Detroit will be tanking hard and will only be playing scrubs. Even thought that last game is a back to back they will be at home for both games.

Boston has a tougher schedule: @Chicago, @Milwaukee (B2B), @Memphis.
        Milwaukee's is pretty easy too: Boston, @Detroit (B2B), @Cleveland

I think there is a chance Boston slips to 4th. It depends on who rests and who doesn't I guess.

But just by the games left, I see it finishing:

1. Miami
        2. MIlwaukee
        3. Philly (tied with Milwaukee but loses tie breaker)
        4. Boston
        5. Toronto

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Philly has a pretty easy schedule. @Toronto, Indiana, Detroit (B2B)

They likely rest everyone for the Toronto game, but we'll likely do the same.. so that'll be a toss up. Indiana and Detroit will be tanking hard and will only be playing scrubs. Even thought that last game is a back to back they will be at home for both games.

Boston has a tougher schedule: @Chicago, @Milwaukee (B2B), @Memphis.
          Milwaukee's is pretty easy too: Boston, @Detroit (B2B), @Cleveland

I think there is a chance Boston slips to 4th. It depends on who rests and who doesn't I guess.

But just by the games left, I see it finishing:

1. Miami
          2. MIlwaukee
          3. Philly (tied with Milwaukee but loses tie breaker)
          4. Boston
          5. Toronto

imo...the raptors want the 76ers as opposed ot the bucks....not only are the bucks teh superior team they really dont have an injury history....wouldnt be surprsing to see either embiid or harden get injured and out or not 100 percent...im done with the raptors....they wont have the scoriong off the bench ot pull it off without a 1 or 2 shooting a high percentage.....i could be wrong.... tehy were so close with teh thaddeus young addition....im sure that nurse and massai have gotten pretty much everything they expected from thad .....6th solid game in a row....15 minutes...7/8/1 on 50 pecent

Comment

imo...the raptors want the 76ers as opposed ot the bucks....not only are the bucks teh superior team they really dont have an injury history....wouldnt be surprsing to see either embiid or harden get injured and out or not 100 percent...im done with the raptors....they wont have the scoriong off the bench ot pull it off without a 1 or 2 shooting a high percentage.....i could be wrong.... tehy were so close with teh thaddeus young addition....im sure that nurse and massai have gotten pretty much everything they expected from thad .....6th solid game in a row....15 minutes...7/8/1 on 50 pecent
            I don't really think they care about who they match up with. They believe they can beat anyone. That's their championship mindset.

As a fan, I'd want the easier road. So I'd prefer Philly as well. But I suspect we'll see both Fred and Pascal resting until the playoffs start as well.. so we could just naturally drop to 6th anyway. Our schedule is pretty easy as well after Philly (we play Houston at home, and then NY on the road to cap off the regular season).

Thad is giving us exactly what I think they wanted from him. He's a smart, crafty player. Likely a really good presence in the locker room. He stabilizes the bench unit. Gives us some injury insurance as well (and we need it with OG always being hurt). It ended up being a pretty decent trade. The draft picks likely drops from #20 to #33.. so 13 spots. But I'm okay with that. I've made peace with it

Comment

…Glad we stormed back and won this. And with the Cavs loss, we're heading to the play-offs baby! I was actually really worried. Was thinking we had a chance to fumble this up…..
              I felt that too but the funny thing is, other than a few points in the late 1st/2nd quarter, we were leading (or tied) the whole game. Weird. I wonder what the perspective of a Hawks fan would have been

Comment

• teh raptors have no cahnce without thad....thts why massai and nurse got him....they just couldnt get the hi shooting percentage guard off the bench....if malachi couldve stayed healthy he mighve been the guy.....the bucks had an 8 man rotation last year and won it wihtout three guards so who konws....but holliday imo is elite... im done.....been doing this for far too long to know when to buy out of a play...it was a great 100/1 long shot...imo...if they all came inot the playoffs hitting their peak or close to it in addition to picking up a guard and thad....tehy cuoldve won teh east....i would love a timberwolves/suns first round series....suns are overraed imo...they have two great guards and two solid centers...other than that...vulnerable
                Last edited by gambler; Wed Apr 6, 2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Three teams are tied (tie breakers aside) for 2-4. We are one loss away from going to six

To paraphrase the good doctor

Just do what we want to do…..we can’t control the rest….but we can control the rest

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I dont see why not, we actually match up pretty well with og healthy. Both teams are over-rated and easily in trouble if just one player goes down. We have a better winning record against good teams in the east than either one even with our injury issues.
                    Lol
                    So you're saying a healthy Raptors versus an unhealthy Bucks / Heat?

Comment

• Still a total crap shoot to see who we face. I want the 5 seed because whoever ends up 4th is the worst out of the teams all tied for 2-4.

Not scared of any team. This roster and positionless style of basketball is built for the playoffs, not the regular season.

If everyone is healthy and rested come round 1 I think we're gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Still a total crap shoot to see who we face. I want the 5 seed because whoever ends up 4th is the worst out of the teams all tied for 2-4.

Not scared of any team. This roster and positionless style of basketball is built for the playoffs, not the regular season.

If everyone is healthy and rested come round 1 I think we're gonna be a force to be reckoned with.
                        The winner of 5-4 also plays the winner of 1-8, which is probably Miami, and a real path to the ECF. Only the green teams Giannis and the Celtics truly scare me out East
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The winner of 5-4 also plays the winner of 1-8, which is probably Miami, and a real path to the ECF. Only the green teams Giannis and the Celtics truly scare me out East
                          A Bucks Celtics 2nd round will be a bloodbath.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yep, even more reason to lock up that 5 seed.

What's the magic number on that?

Bulls have a very tough matchup with the Celtics tonight.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yep, even more reason to lock up that 5 seed.

What's the magic number on that?

Bulls have a very tough matchup with the Celtics tonight.
                              Magic number is 3. I think we get it. Bulls will likely go 0-3 in their last 3 games.

Comment

Magic number is 3. I think we get it. Bulls will likely go 0-3 in their last 3 games.
                                Awesome. So excellent chance we can rest everyone for our last game of the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                                X